Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #811
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Kevin Steen is awesome. I hope he gets lucky and be in WWE someday.
You should check out him in PWG. I saw him wrestle El Generico in a ladder match for the PWG title when I was in LA.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #812
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I haven't cared this less about the WWE since I started watching when I was a little kid. I honestly can't believe how brutal the shows have gotten since Extreme Rules. I'm beyond tired of this whole CM Punk/Daniel Bryan/AJ storyline. I really hope things pick up in two weeks at RAW's 1,000th episode. It should be the start of Lesnar/Triple H which will be fun and The Rock is officially confirmed for the show and Undertaker is rumored to be making an appearance.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #813
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
You should check out him in PWG. I saw him wrestle El Generico in a ladder match for the PWG title when I was in LA.

you were at steenwolf? lucky bastard
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #814
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lesnar needs to use his old attire. I hate his current look. I want to see the 2002-2004 Brock Lesnar. Goldberg or Batista will make an appearance at Raw's 1,000th Episodes.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #815
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Poor Story telling, and long and overdrawn NWO killed WCW. They had the best talents, and the best rosters in the late 1990's. WCW's Cruiserweight Division had the best Luchadors in the World during that time.

Bret Hart vs. Hulk Hogan should have been a main event at Super Brawl.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 07-13-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #816
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

A legendary Indian wrestler and Bollywood star Dara Singh passed away today. RIP.....
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #817
B-Low
The Love B-Low

btw Kharma's gone from WWE. They parted ways yesterday
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #818
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Bruno Sammartino Calls Flair An Idiot, Talks Rejecting WWE HOF Offer
by
Matt Boone

July 13, 2012

Share this story

The following are interview highlights with pro wrestling legend Bruno Sammartino:

Sammartino on memories of WrestleMania 1: "When (Vince) McMahon contacted me after Vince Sr. died, he asked me if I would come back saying he wanted to carry on his father's tradition and who better to do that with than me because Iíd been there for so many years. I agreed because he said Iíd do broadcasting once every three weeks. Everything turned out to be not true. He did not keep in his fatherís tradition. He made changes that I personally didnít care for. I saw the disgusting steroid and drug use that bother me tremendously so things started going bad for me in that relationship. As for that WrestleMania, I had no idea how big it would be. I was there as a second, with my son on the ring. I was so unhappy at the time. I just wanted to get away from there."

Sammartino on changes in wrestling that he doesn't like: "Not that we had girl wrestlers, they brought them in skimpy. The wrestling, they started getting more vulgar, the profanity, the language. Everything had changed. Triple H having sex with a corpse in a casket. You can imagine what that would do to someone like me who had been in the business 25 years and see this. To see Steve Austin, the champion, he had a can of beer in his hand and they had to bleep every word, there were little kids in the audience. It appalled me."

Sammartino on his thoughts of Hulk Hogan: "People get fooled by publicity. Hogan wasnít a good champion at all. In 1985, Hogan had been champion for a year and a half. Vince asked me to put on the tights because the house was down. He would do a good house the first time, but if he came back the second, or dare the third time, he couldnít draw. He wasnít a great performer. It did not work. He would use him more for merchandise and pay per view events. He was not a good for a champion like previous people."

Sammartino on his thoughts of Ric Flair: "Heís an idiot. A first class pathetic idiot. He wrote a book and said something that wasnít very complimentary about me, I havenít read it so I donít know. So Iím standing in the hallway at the show talking to two, three people and my back was turned to him. When I turned around and he saw me, I started walking towards him to say hello and he turned away and ran. Later, he told one of the Hebner brothers that he wanted to come say hello to me but I turned my back on him and ignored him. Which is a complete bold class lie."

Sammartino on his thoughts of the WWE Hall Of Fame:
"I am in the Hall of Fame. The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. Only wrestlers get inducted there. When you talk about (Vince) McMahonís Hall of Fame, I absolutely wouldnít have any part of it because of my feelings for him and his company. Secondly, itís not a legitimate Hall of Fame. When you have kids and you wanna go see a building, thereís nowhere to go. Itís just a marketing campaign. Look whoís in it, game show hosts, Drew Carey. A baseball player, football player. Iíd be embarrassed to be in that Hall of Fame."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2578...-wwe-hof-offer
Old 07-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #819
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

So, it was Hornswaggle as the anonymous Raw GM this whole time?!

Dumb.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #820
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
So, it was Hornswaggle as the anonymous Raw GM this whole time?!

Dumb.

WWE killed another good angle. They need to hire Jim Cornette, or bring back Vince Russo.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #821
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #822
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
you were at steenwolf? lucky bastard
Yep. Best night of wrestling I've ever attended, way better than the WWE live events I've been too. Its so much more fun in a small environment. When the lights went off and Super Dragon was in the ring, I think the yelling of the 200 odd people there was louder than 2000 at the WWE show I went too. Freaking electric.

Talked to El Generico before the show, he keeps up the whole Spanglish speaking bit the entire time, funny stuff. You should defintely go if you ever get the chance.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #823
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

Worst voice of all-time : Vicky or Sensational Sherri ?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #824
AK47DR91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
WWE killed another good angle. They need to hire Jim Cornette, or bring back Vince Russo.
Cornette works for ROH. Russo f-cking sucks.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #825
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Cena wins. Ho hum.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: