Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #976
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
I totally forgot how great that year was.

Undisputed championship
nWo debuts on the WWF, Hogan, Hall and Nash returns
Brock Lesnas debut and hype
The first WWE Draft

Going from WWF to WWE was bad though. Nothing they could have done about it.

Splitting the world title into two was cool in the beginning but they should have unified it once the Brand/Draft became irrelevant, like around 2008-ish.

I hope they unify the WWE Championship and World Championship at Wrestlemania 29. Less titles, More Championship Contenders.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #977
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I totally forgot how great that year was.

Undisputed championship
nWo debuts on the WWF, Hogan, Hall and Nash returns
Brock Lesnas debut and hype
The first WWE Draft

Going from WWF to WWE was bad though. Nothing they could have done about it.

Splitting the world title into two was cool in the beginning but they should have unified it once the Brand/Draft became irrelevant, like around 2008-ish.

2002 was the beginning of the end for the Attitude Era, which was the beginning of the MASSIVE decline the WWE product has seen the past 10 years.

The return of the NWO had so much hype, but was a major let down due to horrible booking & no direction at all. It was canned less than 6 months in.

The split brand sucked, it alienated fans and gave them no reason to watch the other show if your favorite superstar wasn't on it.

Like we were ever going to believe there was any real "beef" between RAW & Smackdown, they tried acting like they were two seperate companies and it really insulted the intelligence of their fans.

They tried to play up the RAW vs Smackdown rivalry way to much.

By this time guys like Stone Cold & The Rock were either retired or semi retired (Rock)

This was also the beginning of HHH and his mind blowing boring title reigns.

Brock was the only shining light for 2002 & even he was out of the company a few years later.

WWE from 97-01 was the peak of it's popularity, after WCW & ECW died, there was no more competition & the product just got stale.

EDIT: What fool negged me on this post & didn't even give a reason why

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 08-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #978
AK47DR91

They had no choice with the Brand extension at the time because they had 50+ superstars on their roster. It was good the first 3 years, especially on Smackdown.

They overblown it in 2006 when they revived ECW and made it another brand.

I thought the nWo return was entertaining at least. I don't think they expected Hogan to received by the fans the way he was. That's why they couldn't run the nWo angle too long. Hogan's return was just too big. Hell, he even stole the Rock's thunder at WrestleMania-18.

Quote:
EDIT: What fool negged me on this post & didn't even give a reason why
Wasn't me, even if it may seem that way. I don't neg good posts, yours was good.

Last edited by AK47DR91 : 08-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #979
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
They had no choice with the Brand extension at the time because they had 50+ superstars on their roster. It was good the first 3 years, especially on Smackdown.

They overblown it in 2006 when they revived ECW and made it another brand.

I thought the nWo return was entertaining at least. I don't think they expected Hogan to received by the fans the way he was. That's why they couldn't run the nWo angle too long. Hogan's return was just too big. Hell, he even stole the Rock's thunder at WrestleMania-18.

Wasn't me, even if it may seem that way. I don't neg good posts, yours was good.

Yes, it most certainly was. I remember the No Way Out ppv when they returned, i marked out hard.

Hogans popularity pretty much killed any chance of the NWO staying heel while he was a member. Scott Hall looked horrible in the ring durring his WWE return though, and after Nash's injury the NWO was over.

I just think they missed a HUGE oppurtunity when they brought them back.

Matter of fact they missed a huge oppurtunity with the Invasion angle, with ECW, basically anything that could be linked to WCW/ECW they trashed.

They were unwilling to put anybody over who wasn't WWF homegrown talent. They wanted to make anybody from WCW look stupid (see DDP) and they wanted to remind you that WCW failed and WWE had won.

I agree though, Smackdown from 03-06 was the only bright spot of the draft, I still remember the Brock Vs Angle feuds, Rey Mysterio's debut etc etc.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #980
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
They were unwilling to put anybody over who wasn't WWF homegrown talent. They wanted to make anybody from WCW look stupid (see DDP) and they wanted to remind you that WCW failed and WWE had won.

very true. don't forget about goldberg. it was incredible how many wcw-involved angles mcmahon botched. it's like he just wanted to publicly display them as crap. the other terrible idea they had around that time was turn austin heel.

the only thing i disagree with you on is lesnar being the only shining light in 2002. guerrero, benoit, hardy boys, prime hhh, etc. you also can't forget edge. he had a ton of great matches on SD between 02 and 03.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-18-2012 at 05:26 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #981
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
very true. don't forget about goldberg. it was incredible how many wcw-involved angles mcmahon botched. it's like he just wanted to publicly display them as crap.

the only thing i disagree with you on is lesnar being the only shining light in 2002. guerrero, benoit, hardy boys, prime hhh, etc. you also can't forget edge. he had a ton of great matches on SD between 02 and 03.

For me, The Hardy Boys best moments IMO came during their TLC matches, WM16 & WM 17 stick out to me. From late 02 & on they split up which i hated.

I'll give you Guerrero & Benoit though, for the first time those kind of guys were able to showcase their talents, and they did put on a ton a memorable matches. I just never felt like they were "over" as much as they could have been.

Comming of the days of ULTRA pushes with the likes of Rock & Stone Cold it seemed like they couldn't decide if they (wwe) wanted to truly get behind guys like Benoit & Eddie.

And for HHH, i've always liked him, i think he's an excellent worker & a true pro, buuut i always felt like he was the perfect compliment for the real draw (Rock & Austin) to work with. When it was just HHH on top, IMO it was a too bland. IMO HHH as the top guy never worked, maybe as the 1b or 2nd guy, but not as the true blue "main event every ppv & win" type of guy.

EDIT: Tottally off topic but how do you guys feel about Dolph Ziggler biting Billy Gun's look, moves, and ring attire?

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 08-18-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #982
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this aces and 8s thing TNA is doing is pretty entertaining so far, hope they don't fck it up
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #983
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TNA needs some big ring. I agree with Hulk Hogan when he said that TNA is a minor league compared to WWE. The TNA Ring is smaller than the WWE ring. Same size as the Independent Ring.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #984
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

WWE 13 video game rosters revealed - current wrestlers, Divas, and Attitude Era stars

Aug 18, 2012 - 05:15 PM

THQ has released the roster for the WWE 13 video game. Thanks to Dot Net readers Jonathan Crowe and Michael Grooms for the following list.

Current WWE Stars

Alberto Del Rio
The Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay with the Funkettes
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
JBL
John Cena (also in Doctor of Thuganomics)
John Laurinaitus
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
Miz
Primo
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
The Rock
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Epico
Ted DiBiase
Triple H
The Undertaker
Jinder Mahal
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder

Divas

Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brie Bella
Eve Torres
Kelly Kelly
Kharma
Nikki Bella
Stephanie McMahon
Trish Stratus
Lita (also in Rated R Era)

Attitude Era Mode

Road Warrior Animal
Big Bossman
Billy Gunn
Bret Hart
Bradshaw from Acolytes
British Bulldog
Cactus Jack
Y2J (Debut Attire)
Christian
Dude Love
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Farooq from the Acolytes
Godfather with Hoes
Road Warrior Hawk
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Kane
Ken Shamrock
Mankind
Mark Henry - The Nation
Mr. McMahon
The Big Show (Debut Attire)
Road Dogg
The Rock
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels (DX)
Triple H (DX)
Undertaker
Vader
X-Pac
Steve Austin

Downloadable Characters

Mike Tyson
AJ Lee
Damien Sandow

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10026882.shtml
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #985
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Antonio Cesaro teases the return of the European Championship.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #986
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

The invasion angle failed....big time. I mean, it could have been the biggest event in pro wrestling to ever happen. We're talking finally, we get WCW vs WWF. They could have milked that for all it's worth. Instead, its not even a blip compared to what the Attitude Era did for Pro Wrestling. They dropped the ball, massively. I think Vince was more concerned with burying the WCW name more than anything.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #987
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
very true. don't forget about goldberg. it was incredible how many wcw-involved angles mcmahon botched. it's like he just wanted to publicly display them as crap. the other terrible idea they had around that time was turn austin heel.

Austin turning heel was probably the only thing he had left to do at that point. He had fueded with almost everyone and they hadn't brough anyone up new to main event status apart from Kurt Angle in awhile. He had plenty of entertaining moment, but it got all mixed up with the Invasion stuff which ruined it a bit.

As for Smackdown, Paul Heyman was booking that between 02 and 03 which probably helps explain why it was so entertaining also.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #988
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Austin turning heel was probably the only thing he had left to do at that point. He had fueded with almost everyone and they hadn't brough anyone up new to main event status apart from Kurt Angle in awhile. He had plenty of entertaining moment, but it got all mixed up with the Invasion stuff which ruined it a bit.
Austin vs Goldberg could have been the biggest match EVER (no hyperbole) had they played their cards right with the invasion.
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #989
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Austin vs Goldberg could have been the biggest match EVER (no hyperbole) had they played their cards right with the invasion.

Goldberg (WCW Champion) vs. Steve Austin (WWE Champion) could have been the main event At Wrestlemania 18.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #990
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Do you think TNA will have a higher ratings than WWE if Ted Turner buy this company? They need some media exposures. Only Hardcore Wrestling fans watch TNA. I think they currently have a better talents than the WWE.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: