Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #1036
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Cole looked so messed up when trying to inform the people at home. He even mentioned, "This has nothing to do with tonight's entertainment."
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #1037
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

I've watched wrestling for a long time, more on that off lately. I was watching the PPV where Owen died, and it was one of the most surreal feelings and situations I had ever been a part of, because it was all unfolding live.

I had DVR'd RAW last night and while watching, I had that same feeling when King went down. Rewinding the recording, I was disturbed at the couple of shots you could see where he was struggling in the background, and you could hear him trying to breath on the headset.

I'm not sure I really paid attention to the rest of the show other than the few updates from Cole on his condition. It was odd listening to the show with no commentary. Hopefully King will make a full recovery. Scary stuff, but good that it happened where medical help was readily available.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #1038
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

10 mins in Punk says "how are you feeling this week jerry?" LMAO
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #1039
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
10 mins in Punk says "how are you feeling this week jerry?" LMAO

Is that seriously funny to you?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #1040
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Former WCW and WWE Superstar is close to signing a legends deal with the WWE. In addition to signing a contract with the company, a Goldberg DVD is expected to be released in the summer of 2013. ItIt's unknown at this time if Goldberg will have any further involvement with the company beyond the DVD project.

I want to see a Goldberg vs. Undertaker.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #1041
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I want to see a Goldberg vs. Undertaker.
But first, GOLDBERG vs RYBACK!!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #1042
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
But first, GOLDBERG vs RYBACK!!

Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #1043
Geriatric
Old Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
It is confirmed to be legit.

Wow, I was watching Raw at my local gym and the time and I left around the same time Jerry collapsed, then I came back home finding that the match between Mysterio and Rhodes had no announcers.

Thank goodness medical teams have saved him so far. Wish Jerry to pull it through.

BTW, the last segment turned out to be incredible. Cena somehow turned the always-hostile-against-Cena Montreal crowd to his side and also did the opposite on Punk, who was cheered earlier. Great go-home show ending!

Watched the back and forth between Punk and Cena and they both did it so well you legitimately thought they hated each others guts. Sold it very well.

Get well Jerry.
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #1044
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #1045
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Nice main-event matchup! I hope Aries will shine even more after the match, win or lose (better win).
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #1046
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

**** man Jeff needs to come back to the WWE. Having to leave because of several injuries sucked. I was the biggest Hardy fan. That storyline he had with Orton leading up to the 08 Royal Rumble was amazing. Anyone remember that 30 foot Swanton? Or the amazing whisper in the wind off the steel cage? It sucks that his three title reigns lasted a month at most.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #1047
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
**** man Jeff needs to come back to the WWE. Having to leave because of several injuries sucked. I was the biggest Hardy fan. That storyline he had with Orton leading up to the 08 Royal Rumble was amazing. Anyone remember that 30 foot Swanton? Or the amazing whisper in the wind off the steel cage? It sucks that his three title reigns lasted a month at most.
Yeah, injuries and other things..... drugs.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #1048
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

Nah, Jeff needs to stay where he is. He wouldn't get the kind of push he's getting in TNA that he would in WWE.

Simply put Jeff just isn't reliable enough to be ANY companies top star or main draw. He's proven this time & time & time again.

I'm so on the fence when it comes to Jeff, I loved all those TLC matches but i just don't feel like he's that good of a worker unless he's doing some high flying spots.

I don't think Jeff does a good job of "telling the story" during his matches, which for me really makes it hard to get excited about anything he does, because if his match doesn't have Tables, Ladders, Chairs his matches are just usually a bunch of high spots with no substance.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #1049
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Nah, Jeff needs to stay where he is. He wouldn't get the kind of push he's getting in TNA that he would in WWE.

Simply put Jeff just isn't reliable enough to be ANY companies top star or main draw. He's proven this time & time & time again.

I'm so on the fence when it comes to Jeff, I loved all those TLC matches but i just don't feel like he's that good of a worker unless he's doing some high flying spots.

I don't think Jeff does a good job of "telling the story" during his matches, which for me really makes it hard to get excited about anything he does, because if his match doesn't have Tables, Ladders, Chairs his matches are just usually a bunch of high spots with no substance.

agreed. after his victory road appearance, i don't think he's going to get another shot to be the top guy. too much baggage, too much risk. and ya, his matches do lack quite a bit of psychology, though his matches with angle have been mostly good. i kind of attribute that much more to angle in the end....

anyway, on an unrelated note, no brain damage for jerry lawler and that's obviously a good sign. looks like he'll be making close to a full recovery
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #1050
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

I love to see a feud between Ryback and the Miz. I think it's time for the WWE to give him a title.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: