Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #1291
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
You don't think HHH had great matches in 2000 and 2001?

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (Royal Rumble 2000) (One of my favorite Triple H match)

Triple H vs. Undertaker (WrestleMania 17)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Backlash 2000)

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit (No Mercy 2000)

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho (Fully Loaded 2000)

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (No Way Out 2000)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Judgment Day 2000)

Triple H vs. Steve Austin (No Way Out 20010

All those names were established stars. You can make a case for Jericho for being an up and comer, he can be taken off that list. Maybe that's why their feud only had 1 ppv match in 2000, because he couldn't elevate a youngster to stardom. Triple H's great matches are only big, because his opponent has already reached stardom.

I give Foley so much credit for pushing Hunter into the mega heel level. This is why I agree with Bret that Hunter is a good wrestler, but not a great one with Austin, Rock, Foley, Undertaker, HBK, Bret and so on.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #1292
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Foley is a legendary match/feud carrier. I remember there was a huge debate with the IWC(indie wrestling crowd back then) whether or not the Rock deserved his WWE championship win so young in late '98.

Then after the I Quit match, Rock won over the critics. And yes, Bret is correct. HHH was spoon-fed through out his career in the WWE but he still managed to perform well.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #1293
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Well Triple H did make batista the main eventer he was
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #1294
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

If you don't think HHH has ever had a great match then you should honestly stop watching professional wrestling.

I love Bret Hart but he"s always been a mark for himself, and doesn't have a kind word about anybody that isn't his friend or family.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #1295
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
All those names were established stars. You can make a case for Jericho for being an up and comer, he can be taken off that list. Maybe that's why their feud only had 1 ppv match in 2000, because he couldn't elevate a youngster to stardom. Triple H's great matches are only big, because his opponent has already reached stardom.

I give Foley so much credit for pushing Hunter into the mega heel level. This is why I agree with Bret that Hunter is a good wrestler, but not a great one with Austin, Rock, Foley, Undertaker, HBK, Bret and so on.

Why does it matter if they were established stars? HHH was a main eventer/ world champion so he obviously is booked against other top stars?

Go back and watch some of those matchs, HHH is a ring general and carried/called a lot of those matches.

How anybody is taking Bret seriously after he gave HHH & Undertaker a "3 out of 10" is beyond me
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #1296
Heilige
An Icon Forever

This is what annoys me greatly about Bret-criticizes people he doesn't for doing the same moveset-while doing the same moveset himself over & over. Criticizes people he doesn't like for doing chops, while praising people like Dynamite who threw some of the stiffest chops ever. Criticizes people for working too light like Honky & then bitches about guys like Goldberg working too stiff. Criticizes people for hurting their opponents in the ring & praises Dynamite who hurt people for fun-including breaking Foley's jaw & kicking blades into his cousins head etc.

Bret is of course the guy who still thinks his hour ironman borefest, ego booked WM match with HBK is a classic for the ages. All of the matches I mentioned above are superior to that.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #1297
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
And yes, Bret is correct. HHH was spoon-fed through out his career in the WWE but he still managed to perform well.

I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
If you don't think HHH has ever had a great match then you should honestly stop watching professional wrestling.

I never said Triple H never had a great match. I said all his great matches involve a superstar that already reached stardom. His match against Cactus at the Royal Rumble is one of my favorite matches of all time. What both men went through in that match, from the promo, the bloodshed, the storytelling through their maneuvers, the barbwire, the handcuffs, a stick of wood from a pallet getting wedged into Hunter's leg, he pulled it out and continued the match, even watching that match 13 years later, I still get goosebumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Well Triple H did make batista the main eventer he was

That's true. But I don't think Batista will ever be considered one of the greats and he's another guy that was spoon fed.

Last edited by BoogieWoogieMan : 02-02-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #1298
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
This is what annoys me greatly about Bret-criticizes people he doesn't for doing the same moveset-while doing the same moveset himself over & over. Criticizes people he doesn't like for doing chops, while praising people like Dynamite who threw some of the stiffest chops ever. Criticizes people for working too light like Honky & then bitches about guys like Goldberg working too stiff. Criticizes people for hurting their opponents in the ring & praises Dynamite who hurt people for fun-including breaking Foley's jaw & kicking blades into his cousins head etc.

Bret is of course the guy who still thinks his hour ironman borefest, ego booked WM match with HBK is a classic for the ages. All of the matches I mentioned above are superior to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
How anybody is taking Bret seriously after he gave HHH & Undertaker a "3 out of 10" is beyond me

I think you're both bang on. Bret is as bad as Hogan when it comes to blowing his own horn.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #1299
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:
I gotta agree with him. Hunter is one of my favorite heels of all time, but that was mainly because Mick, Rocky, Austin, Undertaker really carried him to the top. But when it's Hunter turn to elevate the younger stars and push their career (Cena, Orton, Edge), I can hardly remember those matches and would never call them classic feuds.
Now he's never had a five star match, but Hunter has has some legitimate classic matches. Three stages of Hell instantly came to mind. All of his WM matches with Taker aswell as his entire feud with Foley in the early 2000's.

Bret's just a little bit "out of it", still very bitter over something that happened a lifetime ago.
Quote:
You don't think HHH had great matches in 2000 and 2001?

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (Royal Rumble 2000)

Triple H vs. Undertaker (WrestleMania 17)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Backlash 2000)

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit (No Mercy 2000)

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho (Fully Loaded 2000)

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (No Way Out 2000)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Judgment Day 2000)

Triple H vs. Steve Austin (No Way Out 20010
To add on:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - SummerSlam 2002
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - RAW 2003
Triple H vs. Austin - No Way Out 2001
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX
Triple H vs. Rock - SummerSlam 1998
Triple H vs. Batista - Vengeance 2005

Alot more classics around. I'd go as far as to say Hunter in the early 2000's is better than anything Bret had done through his entire career. HHH has about what? 30 4star+ matches to Bret's 20 or so?

Not a knock on Bret, he's a better wrestler. No argument there. Just Triple H is a better all-around entertainer, that heel gimmick was probably the paramount of all heels. And that's with this industry is about.

Great matches are more than just fancy moves, it's about putting on a show. And HHH has done that a myriad of times. Sure it's mostly 'gimmick' matches, but that doesn't mean he hasn't put on any great matches.

Last edited by Batz : 02-02-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #1300
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

-sigh-

I've never said Triple H never had a great match. (There I underlined it for you.)

He's one of my favorite heels of all time and the best wrestler (in promos, matches, his character) in the year 2000. I'm not taking anything away from him.

But when it comes down to pushing other talent to the top, he doesn't bring the same passion he brought when facing HBK, Rock, Austin, Foley, Taker.

Besides his Batista feud, which I hardly remember, his feuds with Cena, Orton, Punk, and Edge weren't great. While HBK, Rock, Foley and Taker had great matches with those guys.

Last edited by BoogieWoogieMan : 02-02-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #1301
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:
-sigh-

I've never said Triple H never had a great match. (There I underlined it for you.)

He's one of my favorite heels of all time and the best wrestler (in promos, matches, his character) in the year 2000. I'm not taking anything away from him.

But when it comes down to pushing other talent to the top, he doesn't bring the same passion he brought when facing HBK, Rock, Austin, Foley, Taker.

Besides his Batista feud, which I hardly remember, his feuds with Cena, Orton, Punk, and Edge weren't great. While HBK, Rock, Foley and Taker had great matches with those guys.
He has put people over occasionally. Batista is the most well known. He put over Goldberg (took a long time though ) at Unforgiven 2003, Chris Jericho countless times, Shelton Benjamin (lost to him three times!?), Benoit at WM20, Batista in the WM after, Orton at WM25, and Sheamus most recently at ER2012. He basically 'made' Orton and Batista.

Just small list. HHH is notorious for burying anyone and everyone, going against anything Creative or Vince put-forth that involves him losing a match and putting over anyone, and buried countless others through backstage politics. What's the burying list like? Mr Kennedy, Carlito, Rob Van Dam, Owen Hart, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Vladimir Kozlov, Kane, Scott Steiner, Christian, Ted DiBiase and so, so much more...

But hell, even HHH jobbed to Hogan. It's just how the business works. The cash cows dominate, and I don't like it either.

But what Bret said is stupid. Can we agree on that?
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #1302
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Paul London and Brian Kendrick both cited HHH as their reason for "not caring" in the WWE. It happened during a bit where HHH was being triple teamed by Carlito, Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade. London and Kendrick (Tag team champs at the time, fueding with Cade and Murdoch) came out for the save and cleared house. You'd expect this would lead to a 6 man tag match the next week or something, instead HHH shook their hands and then pedigreed them both, shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

Also anyone remember the supposed demand from HHH that in any ads for WWE videogames do not feature him in a "defenceless or vulnerable position".
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #1303
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
He has put people over occasionally. Batista is the most well known. He put over Goldberg (took a long time though ) at Unforgiven 2003, Chris Jericho countless times, Shelton Benjamin (lost to him three times!?), Benoit at WM20, Batista in the WM after, Orton at WM25, and Sheamus most recently at ER2012. He basically 'made' Orton and Batista.

Just small list. HHH is notorious for burying anyone and everyone, going against anything Creative or Vince put-forth that involves him losing a match and putting over anyone, and buried countless others through backstage politics. What's the burying list like? Mr Kennedy, Carlito, Rob Van Dam, Owen Hart, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Vladimir Kozlov, Kane, Scott Steiner, Christian, Ted DiBiase and so, so much more...

But hell, even HHH jobbed to Hogan. It's just how the business works. The cash cows dominate, and I don't like it either.

But what Bret said is stupid. Can we agree on that?

Yes.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #1304
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

First Eve Torres pic, with a new hair style, post-WWE.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #1305
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

she so hot dunno how they let her go

all the ones they have left are terrible Alicia Fox? LMAO

Kaitlyn get's ZERO reaction
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: