Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #1411
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
I'm pretty sure Taker vs Punk is gunna be on the ballot where you can expect the streak to continue as it always will...

Yeah like I said before I think they're gonna set up Taker vs. Punk by having Punk say how he should still get a title shot because he put together the most impressive streak in WWE history (his long reign obviously) then Taker will say HIS streak is the most impressive etc etc etc
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #1412
kaiteng
EXCITED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Also, WWE didn't even mention that nobody but Jerry Lawler has done the piledriver for years since it is technically banned there.
Vince McMahon did reportedly upset of CM Punk using the piledriver. Punk and Cena "improvised" it and not cleared ahead of time by WWE's producers.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #1413
DMV2
No title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
I'm pretty sure Taker vs Punk is gunna be on the ballot where you can expect the streak to continue as it always will...
If that's the case. Undertaker should be making a Raw appearance next Monday. They got 5 weeks to build up the feud.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #1414
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Who is Jericho in a match with at WM?
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #1415
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Who is Jericho in a match with at WM?

The Shield I think. Ryback/Jericho/Orton vs. Shield I think, somethin like that.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #1416
DMV2
No title

Ryback is like 0-5 since becoming a "partial main eventer" back in October. I got a feeling he's gonna get to squash The Shield at Mania.

The Shield seems to lost a bit of that mojo since moving away from Punk, Rock, Cena angles.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #1417
kaiteng
EXCITED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Ryback is like 0-5 since becoming a "partial main eventer" back in October. I got a feeling he's gonna get to squash The Shield at Mania.

The Shield seems to lost a bit of that mojo since moving away from Punk, Rock, Cena angles.
He didn't lose clean though so those somewhat don't count. I can see RyBread and maybe one or two others against the Shields at WM.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1418
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:

shield is a vehicle for roman reigns after that chamber ppv. the other 2 are gonna take the beatings and the losses from here out.

lots of rumors about brock and ryback cuz of the contract extension. long term thats the way to go, heyman and vince can carry that feud.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #1419
DMV2
No title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
He didn't lose clean though so those somewhat don't count. I can see RyBread and maybe one or two others against the Shields at WM.
They do count though because clean wins/loses only happens once in a blue moon. There are so many cheap/dirty finishes in pro wrestling that I don't even consider the difference anymore.

Nobody looks at Stone Cold's WM-17 over the Rock as "not counted." And honestly, that WM-17 victory was more significant than his clean win at WM-15 because of his surprised heel turn.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #1420
Done_And_Done
D & D

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yeah like I said before I think they're gonna set up Taker vs. Punk by having Punk say how he should still get a title shot because he put together the most impressive streak in WWE history (his long reign obviously) then Taker will say HIS streak is the most impressive etc etc etc

Pretty much yeah...

With Punk having just undergone a little losing streak It's probably the worst possible time to try and convince the audience that he actually has a valid chance to thwart Takers coveted streak but I guess it makes sense from a match up standpoint...
Done_And_Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #1421
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

How do you historically rank wrestlers when it's all set up and the winners are per-determined? Is it by entertainment value? Showmanship? Legit question.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #1422
Done_And_Done
D & D

Quote:
If that's the case. Undertaker should be making a Raw appearance next Monday. They got 5 weeks to build up the feud.

Both wrestlers are so over with the fans and very capable at selling heat within a feud that I guess they felt as though they had the option of stalling his impending return, but delaying it any longer would constitute as bad booking in my opinion. Taker in all likelihood should be there on Monday. Otherwise the whole damn thing is just gunna feel rushed and forced to the point where even these two talented forces won't be able to sell the match profciently...
Done_And_Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #1423
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
How do you historically rank wrestlers when it's all set up and the winners are per-determined? Is it by entertainment value? Showmanship? Legit question.

we all have our preferences but yes, entertainment value and showmanship are among some of the factors. there's also gimmick (presentation), technical skills, performance, consistency and mic skills. shit, just like in other sports, can they step up on the big stage? are they good at carrying feuds? there's also wrestlers that can make others look their best. danielson has seriously made matches. you can argue miz, dolph, sin cara, dibiase, etc. all had their best matches w/ DB.

historically? i guess some people like to factor in draws/buy rates which makes sense but i was never too huge into that. you like what you like...i've liked guys gimmicks so much that i've overlooked some of their other non-factors (razor ramon). or i've liked guys that weren't major draws at all (some cruiserweights).

Last edited by blacknapalm : 03-01-2013 at 04:50 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #1424
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
we all have our preferences but yes, entertainment value and showmanship are among some of the factors. there's also gimmick (presentation), technical skills, performance, consistency and mic skills. shit, just like in other sports, can they step up on the big stage? are they good at carrying feuds? there's also wrestlers that can make others look their best. danielson has seriously made matches. you can argue miz, dolph, sin cara, dibiase, etc. all had their best matches w/ DB.

historically? i guess some people like to factor in draws/buy rates which makes sense but i was never too huge into that. you like what you like...i've liked guys gimmicks so much that i've overlooked some of their other non-factors (razor ramon). or i've liked guys that weren't major draws at all (some cruiserweights).

Interesting.. thanks.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #1425
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13

Yeah I base it on mic skills, entertainment, storytelling and just the ability to make people give a damn. Basically the same standards that you would judge an actor by. Daniel Day Lewis is a good actor because he entertains you, draws you into the story, makes you like him, makes you hate him, he makes you care about the movie he was in.

It's not really even about atheticism to me. Guys like Andre the Giant and Mick Foley weren't athletic at all, but theyre still great because they made you care.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: