Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #1441
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Yea I just read up. Apparently he has been indisposed for quite some time now. Sad stuff man...

He definitely played a major role in getting Takers character over in the early 90's...

Or Kane for that matter
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #1442
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Wow RIP to Bearer. My favorite manager of all time. His facial expressions were absolute gold

One thing though, I pray to god WWE doesn't try to somehow work this into the CM Punk/Undertaker feud for cheap heat. One would assume they'd have more respect for Paul than that, but you never quite wanna give Vince too much credit
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #1443
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Wow RIP to Bearer. My favorite manager of all time. His facial expressions were absolute gold

One thing though, I pray to god WWE doesn't try to somehow work this into the CM Punk/Undertaker feud for cheap heat. One would assume they'd have more respect for Paul than that, but you never quite wanna give Vince too much credit
Punk will. The news of Bearer passing have been a public knowledge, so it fits for Punk's gimmick to play it around. If WWE can exploit Eddie Guerrero's death for years why not others?
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #1444
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low

I think they'll go with the Big Boss Man dragging Big Shows fathers casket behind his car route
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #1445
shortsoptional
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Old School Raw is quite enjoyable. Rock and Cena promo was nice. Swagger and Zeb's Raging Tea-Party gimmicks is going well IMO but beating down American icon wrestlers without a real explanation seems weird to me. New Age Outlaws is still surprisingly fine and will come back next week in a match against Team Rhodes Scholar (again?).

Also, Mae Young

See, I was a little disappointed with this segment. They seemed a little too complimentary of each other for my taste. I want there to be some real bad blood if they are going to be heading Wrestlemania.

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little more psyched for HHH vs Lesner and Punk vs Taker.

But I really hope this means that Cena will turn heel with some sort of screwing of Rock at the match. Just ready for it to happen. He was getting booed in Buffalo anyways.

And yes... Mae Young
shortsoptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #1446
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoptional
See, I was a little disappointed with this segment. They seemed a little too complimentary of each other for my taste. I want there to be some real bad blood if they are going to be heading Wrestlemania.

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little more psyched for HHH vs Lesner and Punk vs Taker.

But I really hope this means that Cena will turn heel with some sort of screwing of Rock at the match. Just ready for it to happen. He was getting booed in Buffalo anyways.

And yes... Mae Young
Cena was booed just because it is in Buffalo. Like, NYC, Philadelphia, Toronto, Montreal, etc. Buffalo is full of smarks, and smarks always boo Cena.

I don't think Cena will turn heel this WM. He just can't unless there is a perfect setup for him to do so.

Heel Cena = turning away from kids = kids not buying Cena merchandises = WWE losing money
Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1447
shortsoptional
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Cena was booed just because it is in Buffalo. Like, NYC, Philadelphia, Toronto, Montreal, etc. Buffalo is full of smarks, and smarks always boo Cena.

I don't think Cena will turn heel this WM. He just can't unless there is a perfect setup for him to do so.

Heel Cena = turning away from kids = kids not buying Cena merchandises = WWE losing money

Completely understand that point about Cena not turning heel for kids sake, but at some point, you can't let that dictate the direction of the show. I mean, maybe he won't turn heel, but a situation of him hiring the Shield to screw the Rock out of the championship would be far more entertaining to me then the two of them exchanging pleasantries on how much they respect one another. I mean, didn't we see this same thing last year? It just doesn't feel like a real good rivalry because there really isn't any bad blood.

I sorta feel like Cena talking about "doing whatever it takes" to win could be a hint at something bigger. Maybe, maybe not, but I guess at least it's got me guessing and entertained.
shortsoptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #1448
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:

Because the NWO had so much trouble selling merchandise huh?

"Cool" heels sell, and kids don't stay kids forever, eventually these 10 year old will become 14 year olds and realize that Cena's character is wack and corny as hell.

DX started off as heels, NWO were always heels but people WANTED to see them, which generated GOBBS of money.

The things people claim will happen if Cena turns heel (less merchandise, kids etc etc) were all the same things people were saying would happen if WCW turned Hogan heel..

And Hogans heel turn almost put WWE out of business.. Cena turns heel and eventually the adult viewers will find cena more tolerable and eventually if it's done right Cena could have an amazing heel run which would allow plenty of oppurtunities for younger superstars to be put over by Cena, thus creating the next mega star.

Kids don't buy merchandise, their parents do. Older fans will still buy Cena gear if he turns heel and pulls it off effectively, and Kids under 10 usually find "cool" what their parents find cool as well.

There is no financial concern with turning Cena heel.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #1449
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Because the NWO had so much trouble selling merchandise huh?

"Cool" heels sell, and kids don't stay kids forever, eventually these 10 year old will become 14 year olds and realize that Cena's character is wack and corny as hell.

DX started off as heels, NWO were always heels but people WANTED to see them, which generated GOBBS of money.

The things people claim will happen if Cena turns heel (less merchandise, kids etc etc) were all the same things people were saying would happen if WCW turned Hogan heel..

And Hogans heel turn almost put WWE out of business.. Cena turns heel and eventually the adult viewers will find cena more tolerable and eventually if it's done right Cena could have an amazing heel run which would allow plenty of oppurtunities for younger superstars to be put over by Cena, thus creating the next mega star.

Kids don't buy merchandise, their parents do. Older fans will still buy Cena gear if he turns heel and pulls it off effectively, and Kids under 10 usually find "cool" what their parents find cool as well.

There is no financial concern with turning Cena heel.
Yeah, there will be the time where the demographic shifts to older audiences, just like nWo/Attitude era.

Still, the fact that kids buy more and consistently than any other demographics won't change WWE's mind unless there are clearer signs that they have to i.e. the rise of ECW or such.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #1450
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #1451
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

This is one of those dead on arrival gimmicks. i.e. Simon Dean, Eugene, Duke the Dumpster, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOjO0J9yJU

There's no way this gimmick is going to work.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #1452
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
This is one of those dead on arrival gimmicks. i.e. Simon Dean, Eugene, Duke the Dumpster, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOjO0J9yJU

There's no way this gimmick is going to work.
The formerly Johnny Curtis sucks in the ring, so he needs some stupid gimmicks to compensate.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #1453
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Shelton needs to come back so hard!
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #1454
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Bully Ray is the new TNA champion, joining Ace's and Eight's in the process.

Team 3D reunion!!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #1455
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: