Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #1471
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Chris Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ
Former WWE superstar Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters saved his mother from burning to death by uprooting a tree with his bare hands and using it as a battering ram to enter her house.

Masters -- real name Chris Mordetzky -- tells us, he rushed to his mother's L.A. home yesterday after his uncle called and said a neighbor had gone crazy and barricaded himself inside her house.

When Chris showed up, the neighbor was shouting through the front door that he would burn the place down if anyone tried to gain entry.

Chris says he tried talking sense into the guy, but he wasn't having it -- so Chris called the cops ... but when they showed up, the neighbor set the house on fire.

Chris jumped into hero mode -- tearing a tree out of the ground and tossing it through a window.

Chris reached through the window and removed his mom from the inferno ... at which point police rushed in and arrested the neighbor on arson charges.

The man is currently still in custody. It's unclear why he snapped.

One thing's for sure ... Chris does a mother proud.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #1472
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

I was wondering does anyone know what Ric Flair's cardio exercise routine was like in his prime in the 80s?

I heard he had one of the best cardio conditioning for a wrestler and would always do cardio in th emorning even after staying up late, drinking, etc the night before.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1473
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Chris Master is a real life Superman.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #1474
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has decent reputationTheMarkMadsen has decent reputation

HHH vs Lesnar in a no holds barred match.. they just had a no dq match at summerslam wtf???

Cena vs Rock twice in lifetime twice in a year

UT vs Punk an obvious taker W

Top 3 main events... looks like a snore fest of a mania
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #1475
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Most predictable Wrestlemania of all time
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1476
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
HHH vs Lesnar in a no holds barred match.. they just had a no dq match at summerslam wtf???

Cena vs Rock twice in lifetime twice in a year

UT vs Punk an obvious taker W

Top 3 main events... looks like a snore fest of a mania
I heard Rock has already committed to the next WM, so Cena winning the upcoming match so there will be a huge rubber match at WM30 makes more sense.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #1477
DMV2
And...they stank!

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I haven't had the chance to watch Raw for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Good to know, I haven't missed much.

One question, though, is Jericho doing a program and a match at Mania? I assume he'll be part of the match vs the Shield?
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #1478
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I haven't had the chance to watch Raw for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Good to know, I haven't missed much.

One question, though, is Jericho doing a program and a match at Mania? I assume he'll be part of the match vs the Shield?

I think Jericho will be in a match with either fandango or in a triple threat with barret and miz

Its the shield vs sheamus orton and big show.

Henry vs ryback

Kane & dbryan vs big E langston and ziggler
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #1479
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

You guys are grown men. It's time to move on.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #1480
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

I haven't been interested in wrestling since I was a kid, but what still interests me TO THIS DAY is the behind the scenes stuff. Why do certain wrestlers get over but not others, how are storylines configured, why do some pushes work but not others?

Then the techniques the wrestlers are using. How to get heat from the crowd, how they communicate with their "opponents." Just the mechanisms of pro wrestling that makes the engine run. The storylines are so boring to me now, but all the other stuff is interesting as hell.

Anyone know of any good books or dvd's on topics like this?
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #1481
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe

There's a ton of shoot interviews you can watch on Youtube that detail a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Just type a name of a wrestler and the word shoot and off you go.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #1482
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I haven't been interested in wrestling since I was a kid, but what still interests me TO THIS DAY is the behind the scenes stuff. Why do certain wrestlers get over but not others, how are storylines configured, why do some pushes work but not others?

Then the techniques the wrestlers are using. How to get heat from the crowd, how they communicate with their "opponents." Just the mechanisms of pro wrestling that makes the engine run. The storylines are so boring to me now, but all the other stuff is interesting as hell.

kind of the same way...going with patrick chewing said, i'd also highly recommend 'beyond the mat' (mostly the mick foley story) and 'wrestling w/ shadows' (kind of details bret hart's montreal screwjob).

really hard to explain why you like wrestling to non-wrestling fans. still get judgmental stares. i just try to say it's a male soap opera. but i get it...there's a stigma or whatever. you either get it or you don't. and that's not to say wrestling fans are some higher breed. it comes down to personality and what you find entertaining.

i just gotta say some non-wrestling fans are ignorant. i loved the south park episode making fun of it all. there's definitely those around that kind of take it that literally. i'm able to laugh it and there's still some others that think that's what REALLY happens. i've tried to get a couple of my friends into wrestling and they just can't, so it's like whatever. folks screaming it's fake without realizing yes, it's scripted...but these dudes still go out there 300 days a year on the road. the vast majority of ppl that go into wrestling schools don't make it and those that do usually flounder in the indies. not to say that a ton of those indie guys are talented, but it's just not an easy place to break through.

don't watch nearly as much these days though. i might not even watch mania. the build up has been shitty and there's really nothing there that makes me want to really tune in.

the undercard looks like garbage. no real conflict. henry was hot last year and they're pitting him against ryback? ryback has lost all steam now, so i don't get his pre-shield push. shield vs orton/big show/sheamus? is this the survivor series? and team hell no vs. langston and ziggler is the best they could do for the tag match? at this point, i just think wwe believes ziggler is too corny to make it to the main event. fandango in a possible triple threat match? for mania? people have already hit on the HHH vs. brock thing. HHH has been hinting at retirement for a while especially his last match. they do that stipulation too much. just a lame stipulation and i'd rather have seen brock vs. taker or punk.

seriously, i couldn't be less excited for mania. i'm almost positive cena will go over the rock. who's the next big star? are they just gonna piggyback off cena and rock?

Last edited by blacknapalm : 03-22-2013 at 05:52 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #1483
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Johnny "Fandango" Curtis got a WrestleMania match!?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #1484
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has decent reputationTheMarkMadsen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Johnny "Fandango" Curtis got a WrestleMania match!?

What's wrong with that? Curtis has been working his ass off for years in NXT, was given this shitty gimmick and is actually making it work, the dude is getting some real heat from the crowd..

Kind of like the 2013 version of goldust.

Also, its something different from the regular bland joe blow they always try to debut, Fadango is a character which is something that's been missing from WWE for awhile now. And its a good sign that he's getting such a push, they've done a really good job at building interest for this character.

He'll go over Jerich at WM no doubt
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #1485
DMV2
And...they stank!

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
What's wrong with that? Curtis has been working his ass off for years in NXT, was given this shitty gimmick and is actually making it work, the dude is getting some real heat from the crowd..

Kind of like the 2013 version of goldust.

Also, its something different from the regular bland joe blow they always try to debut, Fadango is a character which is something that's been missing from WWE for awhile now. And its a good sign that he's getting such a push, they've done a really good job at building interest for this character.

He'll go over Jerich at WM no doubt
After a few videos of him, I'm beginning to see this. I'm actually liking his gimmick. It's definitely something entertaining and interesting, unlike most of their superstars at the moment.

I just hope Jericho doesn't job to him, though. A good match is all Fandango really needs.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: