Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-12-2006, 04:24 AM   #16
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

No one, and I mean no one, beats the Boston fans when it comes to overrating their players. :)
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #17
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Lakers fans are fun. They are almost as fun as Raptor fans when it comes to overrating everything their team does.

Look out, you've got some raps fans with their panties in a knot...expect some negative repping
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:46 AM   #18
Milkman

beware of summer leagues... Skita was mvp a couple years ago and look at him now... if you can find him! buahah. ha, ha. ahem.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:51 AM   #19
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

This was posted in Lakers forum.... YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! It's one of the funniest interviews I have ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4k</3F4n-Angels
Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lakers Search Myspace For Pick
The Lakers have had three of the five greatest centers of all-time. Their presence has been so indelibly stamped into the league, they are known by only one name--Wilt, Kareem, and Shaq.

But that proud Lakers tradition took a big hit on Tuesday night when the club selected high school standout Andrew Bynum. This is the kind of desperate move that the Portland Trail Blazers pull. It's one thing to pick a high school player that can compliment your team (like Kobe did years ago), but quite another to hitch your hopes on a teenager.

And yes, this is going to get worse.

Most teenagers today have started their own web pages and personal journals on myspace.com. Bynum--who is 17--is no different. If you don't believe that most of these high school kids aren't ready for the responsibility of the NBA, we give you the Andrew Bynum myspace portfolio.

Bynum might be a physically gifted athlete, but he is no honor student. This isn't about Stewart Scott slang, this is borderline close to illiterate. It's like that episode of the White Shadow where a standout basketball player transfers to Carver High and it is discovered that he cannot read. Bynum comes dangerously close to this and shows that he's really just a coddled athlete. Dontonio Wingfield is looking forward to working with him at the local car wash in a couple of years.

And honestly, people make mistakes and there are editing errors in these personal web pages. The reader of The Hater Nation knows this better than anybody. But this is just overboard. Here are the lowlights of the Bynum myspace.

Have you made your own clothes? "Nah, I had sum made for me." Good to see that the agents were already giving him free clothes prior to the draft.

Have you done something you regret? "Kissed sumones gurl." Looks like he and Kobe will have something to talk about.

In school, do you run to class because you are late? "Hell no. I walk even slower." He should have been sprinting to English class.

Do you act perfect? "Nah." At least he has some self-awareness.

Current taste? "Brazilian women." At least he isnít hunting little Mexican girls.

Do you have a little brother? "Yes." Does he draw cute pictures for you? "Nah, that would be gay." At least his homophobia is NBA-ready.

Are you a moron? "Sumtimez."

Your best physical feature? "Dunno. Gurlz help me out with dat one." Maybe Mitch Kupchak can enlighten us. It's kind of sad that Mitch is trying to show that he's just as smart as Jerry West by picking his own high school star. But if it isn't clear that Mitch isn't Jerry West by now, it never will be.

Pepsi or Coke? "I got acme, so soda is sum **** u dont drink." At some point, the Microsoft word is going to explode. And Acme? Did he get it from Wile E. Coyote?

In the past month have you drank alcohol? "Nope. Never have, never will."

In the past month have you smoked? "Nope. Never have, never will."

In the past month have you been on drugs. "Nope." So he will never drink, never smoke, but he seemed open to doing drugs.

In the past month have you stolen anything? "Nope." Which is partly why he didnít consider playing basketball at Cal State Fullerton.

What do you want to be when you grow up? "NBA playa and entrapenour." Do you really need a joke here?

Number of CDs I own? "Gabillion." Which is likely the amount of money he will be paying to Brazilian women for child support payments.

Do you want to go to college? "Of course." He shud hav gune two colige two meat sum Brazilian gurls.

Congratulations Lakers, this is the center of your "future"

# posted by NFL Adam @ 10:23 AM
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #20
chauzer
I brick open layups

chauzer has an OK reputation so far

chauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #21
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

How is Farmar a horrible defensive player? Think we're exagerrating there just a bit. He can play the passing lanes and if Lakers go in a zone do a good enough job there. He can be Derek Fisher of D. Thats not great, not horrible.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #22
Return of GOBB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Return of GOBB has an OK reputation so far

Farmar is a terrible defensive player. I think we're right on the money here. He can't play the passing lanes and if the Lakers go in a zone he would do a terrible job. He can be the cancer of everything, just like his new teammate, but he wont do a great impression... but not horrible.
Return of GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

That interview is priceless.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #24
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Bynum is better and Farmar played better than expected. He is learning the triangle quickly, which is beneficial for him and the Lakers. He has a flaw in his shooting mechanics that the coaching staff will work with him on. You've gotta give them a little bit of time to learn and develop. They aren't even in their 20's yet.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #25
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Bynum is a Diop at the very best...and Farmar flat out sucks, he has no potential...he's a "C" backup for the rest of his career at best.

Smush Parker > Farmar times 100.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #26
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Travis Outlaw has been pimping the summer league for years. No big deal. Summer league success has little to do with NBA success. Sure, it's a good indication that the right tools are there, but when the rubber hits the road, everything's different.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
Bynum is a Diop at the very best...and Farmar flat out sucks, he has no potential...he's a "C" backup for the rest of his career at best.

What have you seen of Bynum upon which to base that opinion? How can you even know? I'm not a big Laker fan or anything, but let's be reasonable. How much has ANYONE seen of Bynum? Also, consider his age. We're far from knowing what Bynum can be.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #28
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Bynum is a Diop at the very best...and Farmar flat out sucks, he has no potential.

Alert Alert Alert... Kobe free post... Alert Alert Alert
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #29
jan803

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Alert Alert Alert... Kobe free post... Alert Alert Alert

not any more...

[QUOTEAAPBROKENRECORD]

Smush Parker > Farmar times 100.[\QUOTEAAPBROKENRECORD]

Quote:
What have you seen of Bynum upon which to base that opinion? How can you even know? I'm not a big Laker fan or anything, but let's be reasonable. How much has ANYONE seen of Bynum? Also, consider his age. We're far from knowing what Bynum can be.

aap has typed this variation of his 'opinion' several times now.

he makes these kinds of claims w/bias since these are laker's players.

he hasn't seen farmar in the summer league. overall, he's not doing bad from what i've read so far.

as far as bynum, again, just some baseless opinion because wouldn't want a laker big to get any positive pub.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #30
traditionone

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP

The Lakers' coaching staff are high on Bynum. They really like his progress. I'll take their word over your's.

Farmar has been better than I expected. He is quickly learning the triangle and may get major minutes earlier than expected. He has a few problems the coaches will work with him on, but he'll get better.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: