Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Haven't Caught Any Summer League Games. Who's Impressive?

Hey all i haven't been able to catch any of the summer league games this year, and i was just wondering if there were any standouts on the roster. I know i heard Gibson and Shannon were playing but i pretty much know what they're capable of. I just wanna know who the other guys are and if anyone has potential to help us out
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Haven't Caught Any Summer League Games. Who's Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Hey all i haven't been able to catch any of the summer league games this year, and i was just wondering if there were any standouts on the roster. I know i heard Gibson and Shannon were playing but i pretty much know what they're capable of. I just wanna know who the other guys are and if anyone has potential to help us out

I've been pretty disappointed with the crop so far, and I don't understand our coaching perspectives either.

It seems to me that the Summer League should be about evaluating these guys to see if they can help, or make a roster.

But it seems like all they do is try to see how much Gibson and Brown can score. Shannon Brown had like 22 points in 19 minutes the other night at halftime, but all he was doing was driving to the hoop on every play. He wasn't showing anything new at all.

There were even 3 DNP's in the first game, and 1 in the second. How do you evaluate players who don't play?

I really thought that that D. Rice guy from Miami could help us out. He's supposed to be a hell of a shooter, but at 6'10" 215, the knock on him has been his size. But I haven't really seen any signs of any "great" shooting.

Also, Kevin Pittsnoogle was supposed to be a good shooter, he's 6'11" 250 or so. I was hoping he might catch on, but again, no big scoring output there, either.

Dwayne Jones has had some good rebounding games, but he fouled out in a 10 foul game, and hasn't scored much of anything.

We really need one of the bigs to step it up a notch if we lose Varejo, because that really puts us down to a 2 man rotation with Gooden, and Z. Pollard and Jones never really made the rotation last year, and D. Marshall has always been a SF for his career.

Also, Romeo Travis or whatever his name is, the 6'7" supposed point guard who played h.s. ball with Lebron James, has shown nothing. He's playing forward, and I think he was even a DNP the first game.

Pretty much I've been disappointed all the way around.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Haven't Caught Any Summer League Games. Who's Impressive?

Anyone hear if we signed anyone? I don't think we did. I only caught the first two Summer League games after it became apparent they were just going to let S. Brown drive to the hoop on every play.

I'm kind've wondering if Dwayne Jones is gonna keep a roster spot this year, but he played just awful in the first two games I saw.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: