Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #46
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

I think the T-Rex just go around and killing whatever it pleased. If it sees a group of raptors taking down and weakening a large herbivor it would just chase them away and take the food for itself.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #47
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

If you could have either a T-Rex or a Velociraptor hunting you for an entire day, who would you rather have hunting you?
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #48
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
If you could have either a T-Rex or a Velociraptor hunting you for an entire day, who would you rather have hunting you?

T-Rex, definitely. I may not be able to outrun it, but I could sure outsmart it.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #49
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Damn...that like saying who would you rather marry...rosie o'donald or rosanne bar.

But I'll say the Raptor...lone Raptor right?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #50
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Depending on terrain T-Rex, easier to hide from, but if its a wide open area I'll take my chances with the solitary raptor.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #51
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Who here thinks T-Rex was a scavenger rather then a predator?

I don't. Despite being one of the world's leading experts on dinosuars, Jack Horner still sticks to that outdated idea that he was a scavenger. T-Rex was most likely an oportunistic hunter--like lions are hyenas. It would eat anything, dead or alive.

Horner thinks it was a scavenger because it had a great sense of smell. It's possible that this is what this was for, but it's also possible that it used its sense of smell to track living dinosaurs as well. It also had its eyes in the front of its head (binocular vision), which has no other purpose except hunting. There are also partially healed wounds of Tyrannosaur bites on other animals. So it would have definitely attacked others. Besides, it's jaws are probably the strongest ever.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #52
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:

That's a tough one. I think I would be less interesting to a T-Rex. He would look for bigger food. The Raptor might not care and just eat me.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #53
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
We believe that Genesis and these books were written around 4000 B.C.

We who? The oldest written material in the Old Testament (most likley recorded by Aaronoid priests and based largely around the oral traditions of southern Judah) are post-exilic constructions, and most current scholars date the Exodus to around the 15th century B.C. Occasionally you'll hear the Van Impe/Lahaye types who believe that every hunk of shale lodged in every remote middle-eastern cliff is actually a petrified chunk of Noah's ark, but that ain't archeaology--that's stand-up comedy.

Hell--no one was writing ANYTHING in 4000 B.C. Sumerians didn't start messing with cuneiform until nearly 1000 years later.

Quote:
Before the flood the earth was like a greenhouse. This is how people were living to be 900 years old.

Umm--never mind.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #54
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonpaxis
Hell--no one was writing ANYTHING in 4000 B.C. Sumerians didn't start messing with cuneiform until nearly 1000 years later.
I meant to say that the books were written at a different time period, but what is written is about the time of 4000 B.C.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #55
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
Humans are actually one of the most adaptive animals to ever live on earth. Humans can migrate long distances and move on the run over long distances. This alone helped us become the top species. Factor in inteligence, the fact that we're oportunistic eaters, and our language that allows us to pass on and expand upon knowlege, it is no wonder why we're the dominant species.
ok so basically what you're saying is: We're just all really really really smart dogs?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #56
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ok so basically what you're saying is: We're just all really really really smart dogs?

no, we are really really smart monkeys. where did you learn your evolution. damn.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #57
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonpaxis
Quote:
Before the flood the earth was like a greenhouse. This is how people were living to be 900 years old.
Umm--never mind.

What he meant to say was since all the water left the atmosphere in the great flood, there has been a gradual buildup in radiation causing exponential decay in the span of life a human can live. This would be reflected in the ages given in the Bible (originally starting around 900 years and shortening towards modern lengths of life). Increases in living conditions and modern medicince have (of cousre) increased the life span of a human. That's what he meant to say. He just wasn't able to say it.

(I'm not saying that that's true or if it has any crediblity, but I have heard that before)

Quote:

I don't think that's what I was saying. You lost me.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #58
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
What he meant to say was since all the water left the atmosphere in the great flood, there has been a gradual buildup in radiation causing exponential decay in the span of life a human can live. This would be reflected in the ages given in the Bible (originally starting around 900 years and shortening towards modern lengths of life). Increases in living conditions and modern medicince have (of cousre) increased the life span of a human. That's what he meant to say. He just wasn't able to say it.
yeah that's what i was trying to say, just didn't want to go into great detail about it.
Quote:
I don't think that's what I was saying. You lost me.
you said humans were animals...i kinda group animals separately from humans. But it's all good, we both have different views on life. No worries
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #59
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

This thread is Bosh....
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #60
MDIZZ the TiMVP2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MDIZZ the TiMVP2 has an OK reputation so far

dang I thought this was a thread about why Clifford Robinson should retire.
MDIZZ the TiMVP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: