Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Dime Dropper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dime Dropper has an OK reputation so far
Default Artest or Bibby?

Both of these players have been rumoured to be possible new players for the Heat. My question to you Heat fans is this ; Which player would you rather have? Both your PG and SF spots are in need of upgrading.

For Bibby, as a Kings fan I would ask for Jason Williams, Doleac, Wright and the 20th. If I could exclude Williams I would but obviously that can't happen since salaries have to match.

Thoughts?

For Artest I would include Salmons in the deal and ask for Williams, Doleac, Wirhgt, Simien and the 20th. Alot to be asking but despite what people say about Ron Ron, he would not explode in Miami. I'm probably asking for too much. But Artest and Salmons would put you right back up there in contention again since you don't use Doleac, Wright (very little) and Simien. The only problem would be a gaping hole at the PG spot.
Dime Dropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Artest or Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime Dropper
Both of these players have been rumoured to be possible new players for the Heat. My question to you Heat fans is this ; Which player would you rather have? Both your PG and SF spots are in need of upgrading.

For Bibby, as a Kings fan I would ask for Jason Williams, Doleac, Wright and the 20th. If I could exclude Williams I would but obviously that can't happen since salaries have to match.

Thoughts?

For Artest I would include Salmons in the deal and ask for Williams, Doleac, Wirhgt, Simien and the 20th. Alot to be asking but despite what people say about Ron Ron, he would not explode in Miami. I'm probably asking for too much. But Artest and Salmons would put you right back up there in contention again since you don't use Doleac, Wright (very little) and Simien. The only problem would be a gaping hole at the PG spot.

if i had my choice i'll take artest. but u r asking 4 2 much. williams,doleac,& wright or simien or the 20. but not all 5. & u can keep salmons. bibby is another story, i think he is a good player but i am tierd of (pg) who r a liability on defence. that's y i never liked j will.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
Latina Heat
Not a Bandwagon Fan!

Latina Heat is a pretty well-respected posterLatina Heat is a pretty well-respected posterLatina Heat is a pretty well-respected poster

If we could get one of them I'd definitely take Artest. I think we have enough PG's to be honest. They may not be the best but they're at least enough to win. SF has always been the dark spot for us in my opinion
Latina Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina Heat
If we could get one of them I'd definitely take Artest. I think we have enough PG's to be honest. They may not be the best but they're at least enough to win. SF has always been the dark spot for us in my opinion

When you start saying "at least enough to win" that is not a good sign for any team. To be an elite team again, well Miami still kind'a is I guess but they have dropped off somewhat you have to consider them at least a threat in the east, but anyways to get back up there you have to have a good PG. Spurs have TP, Detroit (had) Billups. Jazz have Deron williams, etc. I understand why the heat would rather have Artest since he is only what, 26 27? Bibby is only 29 but yes a liability on defense. Honestly though I don't know how having Mr. Insane Ron Artest is good for dwayne wade as a person in the locker room and off the court...maybe even on the court, Ron ron does want the ball.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
When you start saying "at least enough to win" that is not a good sign for any team. To be an elite team again, well Miami still kind'a is I guess but they have dropped off somewhat you have to consider them at least a threat in the east, but anyways to get back up there you have to have a good PG. Spurs have TP, Detroit (had) Billups. Jazz have Deron williams, etc. I understand why the heat would rather have Artest since he is only what, 26 27? Bibby is only 29 but yes a liability on defense. Honestly though I don't know how having Mr. Insane Ron Artest is good for dwayne wade as a person in the locker room and off the court...maybe even on the court, Ron ron does want the ball.

i agree with u on the (pg) position, that we defenetly need help there. but when it comes 2 artest or any other talented player that has personal problomes. it doesent mater if they r nice people or if they r jerks. all that maters is if they can help us win . all i want 2 know is can that player help my team win.

on a side note. i met zo 3 times, and i thought he was an a-holl all 3 times. but if u ask me if i want zo on my team, i will say hell yea.

Last edited by Lord Leoshes : 06-28-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I think the Heat will get Acie Law or Jaravis Crittenton with the pick to fill the point guard spot seeing that J-Will is getting older and Chris Quinn still developing. I think the Heat wil get Artest.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I think it would be hilarious to see bibby and williams play together.They might actually fight on the court.Artest is the guy.But he is freaking crazy: That man needs to have a sit down with someone and understand that he gets to play pro basketball for millions of dollars.Im real indifferent on him.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

i want to see artest and shaq throw down. Ive heard crazy beats size everytime so it would be a good fight.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: