Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #16
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

PP wont get a ring as a Boston Celtic.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #17
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Good for Pierce and the C's. It sucks he's gonna have to finish his career in a losing situation but at least it shows loyaly.

As most of you know, I spend the last two years (June 04-June 06) living in Boston and watched the Celtics more than I watched any other team and at first I was stoked cause they were young and were up and coming, but this last season, I just gave up on them. Their young talent really isn't anything special. Al Jefferson showed promise but now he doens't look like anything more than a solid off the bench big, and that's in his prime. The team just doesn't have any guys who know how to win. It's all a bunch of high school kids who don't know anything about winning at a high level. Gerald Green could pan out, but even he's only concerned with dunks and won't care about winning for a few more seasons while he's learning the NBA. The only players I would want on my team from the current Celtics roster is Delonte and Perkins. Those guys are studs and always seem to show up to play. Unfortunately, both of them are bench guys.

Hope I'm wrong. They have a fun team, just not any winners.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #18
$ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
P will get his ring. It will take years, but I predict that his perseverence will be rewarded here in Green.

hahahaha
Old 07-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I fail to see the humor. It's a prediction, and a statement of faith in what Danny's doing. Funny? Not really.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Ainge has assembled a stable of young talent with value around the league.
Not really. There are about 10 teams in the East with better young talent than the Celtics have. If there's any truth to the value of their young players (I'm not sure that there is), they need to hurry up and turn those kids into Iverson and another vet. You'd have to be a fool to sit around hoping that Jefferson and Green can out-develop the much better young players in Toronto, Milwaukee, Orlando, Charlotte, or Chicago. If that's Ainge's plan, I'd have to say that he's a homer of a GM.

Seriously, he needs to figure out a way to grab Iverson while only giving up two "valuable" pieces - say Green + Jefferson + Wally, and then use the rest (Telfair + Perkins + 1st round pick) to grab a veteran big man.

It's not like the future EC led by Wade, Lebron, Howard, etc. is going to be dominated by Al Jefferson.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #21
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Seriously, he needs to figure out a way to grab Iverson while only giving up two "valuable" pieces - say Green + Jefferson + Wally, and then use the rest (Telfair + Perkins + 1st round pick) to grab a veteran big man.
That plan sucks. The result is good team for 3 years and no future.

I like the C's young talent with just about any other team's; Chicago's group is better but the rest are arguable cases.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:08 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Not really. There are about 10 teams in the East with better young talent than the Celtics have. If there's any truth to the value of their young players (I'm not sure that there is), they need to hurry up and turn those kids into Iverson and another vet. You'd have to be a fool to sit around hoping that Jefferson and Green can out-develop the much better young players in Toronto, Milwaukee, Orlando, Charlotte, or Chicago. If that's Ainge's plan, I'd have to say that he's a homer of a GM.

It's not like the future EC led by Wade, Lebron, Howard, etc. is going to be dominated by Al Jefferson.
10 teams in the East with better young talent? I wish you good luck in proving that one. Orlando and Toronto are losers just like us and the only player Orlando has that we don't have someone comparable to is Howard. Toronto is doing well with Bosh but Ford lost the fopurth quarter minutes in Milwaukee before being traded and has possible injury issues with his spine. Bargnani is a question mark that got outplayed by half of our summer league team last night. Milwaukee? Charlie Villanueva averaged 13 points. He's talented but I wouldn't put him on a pedestal, he could still be the return of Tim Thomas. Mo Williams is nice, and Bogut should be a double-double guy, but they don't particularly scream "Contender." Chicago is ahead, but in Charlotte, what do they have that's so great after Chris Paul?

Mind you, our guys certainly aren't more proven, but the guys on these other teams have also done very little.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #23
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Al, Gerald, and Telfair all have a chance to be special players. Perk is going to be a beast. Gomes keeps surprising me with his improvement. West and Allen have both shown they will be good players in the league for a long time. And then there's Rondo and Ray, both of whom are intriguing prospects. The C's young talent is seriously undervalued by fans around the league.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #24
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
10 teams in the East with better young talent? I wish you good luck in proving that one. Orlando and Toronto are losers just like us and the only player Orlando has that we don't have someone comparable to is Howard. Toronto is doing well with Bosh but Ford lost the fopurth quarter minutes in Milwaukee before being traded and has possible injury issues with his spine. Bargnani is a question mark that got outplayed by half of our summer league team last night. Milwaukee? Charlie Villanueva averaged 13 points. He's talented but I wouldn't put him on a pedestal, he could still be the return of Tim Thomas. Mo Williams is nice, and Bogut should be a double-double guy, but they don't particularly scream "Contender." Chicago is ahead, but in Charlotte, what do they have that's so great after Chris Paul?

Mind you, our guys certainly aren't more proven, but the guys on these other teams have also done very little.

I agree, except that the Hornets aren't in Charlotte, or in the East Coast anymore
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Oh, yeah...Bob's cats. Hmm. Their guys aren't bad, I'd concede them if Okafor had a healthy back.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #26
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
but in Charlotte, what do they have that's so great after Chris Paul?

What do they have in Charlotte that is Chris Paul?

Quote:

Exactly. Adam's right here. We're still waiting for Jefferson, Telfair, Perkins, etc to develop into players that can hold their own in the starting lineup, much less turn into all-stars
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

You Celtics fans need to take off the homer goggles, and face the facts. I'm not just talking smack either - the C's are my 2nd favorite team in the league, since I first started following the NBA when I was living there. Compare.

-----

Toronto: Bosh is already an allstar, Bargnani by all accounts (summer league and euroleague) is already more proven than Green or Jefferson, and Ford has already led two completely different Bucks squads to the playoffs.

Charlotte: Morrison hasn't proven anything yet, but Felton and Okafor have. Check the stats, and check their pedigree. Is Gerald Wallace young enough to be considered part of their young core? If so, he's better than any Celtic other than Pierce, and is young enough to stay that way for 7-8 years.

Orlando: Dwight Howard is the kind of player that many teams would trade their entire roster for. He will lead the NBA in rebounds and blocks at least 5 times each. Add to that a point guard (Nelson) who has proven a whole lot more than Telfair has, and Darko, who has shown a lot more skill than Jefferson has.

Milwaukee: Bogut had to play out of position last year, but he sure as hell looked better than Jefferson. Villanueva only scored 13 points last year? I'll take that over Gerald Green's 5.2 any day. Mo Williams is also hands down better than Telfair. Better shooter, passer, rebounder, and team leader.

Cleveland/Miami: Lebron/Wade by themselves are probably more of a threat than any other core I listed above.

-------

How can the plan in Boston possibly be to bank on Telfair/Jefferson/Green out-developing those guys?

Last edited by adamcz : 07-12-2006 at 01:19 PM.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #28
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If Jefferson doesn't hold a steady spot in the starting lineup and show some serious improvement this year, I don't see it happening ever.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #29
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

You guys gotta understand what these Celtics homers are going through. For anyone who lives in Boston or has ever lived in New England you know that sports there is just different than sports anywhere else.

They have whole shows on NIGHTLY dedicated to hyping and talking about a team that isn't very good. They don't even talk about any other teams, just the Celtics and who their opponent is and why they are better than them. Never in my life did I ever get sick of sports as much as I did when I was in Boston.

You can't blame the renters like GetBuckets, you gotta blame the homers like Dickerson, Tanguay, and Heinsohn.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
You Celtics fans need to take off the homer goggles, and face the facts. I'm not just talking smack either - the C's are my 2nd favorite team in the league, since I first started following the NBA when I was living there. Compare.

-----

Toronto: Bosh is already an allstar, Bargnani by all accounts (summer league and euroleague) is already more proven than Green or Jefferson, and Ford has already led two completely different Bucks squads to the playoffs.

Toronto more impressive in Summer league?

Celtics - 111 Toronto - 62

Bargnani 2-7
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: