Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Sat 1 or 2

Which do I need to take? I plan on going into a pre-pharmacy or pre-med major.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Sat 1 or 2

Lmao

You need to take the SAT I if you want to go to just about any university....it's part of the admissions process.

Most better schools also require SAT 2's, which are specialized subject tests (such as US History, Math, Chem, etc). Doing well on some SAT2's often help your application to competitive schools.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Lmao

You need to take the SAT I if you want to go to just about any university....it's part of the admissions process.

Most better schools also require SAT 2's, which are specialized subject tests (such as US History, Math, Chem, etc). Doing well on some SAT2's often help your application to competitive schools.
ok thanks for the help. I don't have a good course adviser apparently.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
most schools only require SAT I, unless you're aiming for the Ivies or some other top notch school.

Might as well as start your research now, I'm guessing you will be an upcoming Senior in HS. Look at the universities you want to go to, go to their site and look at the admission requirements. Should all be very obvious, takes 2 minutes to find them.

I've taken only 2 SAT II's.. forgot which universities they were for.. one of them was Math 2II c. Or whatever it was called. So i have no idea about the other subjects like physics, chemistry, but I heard they were pretty hard.
Oh I'm not trying for Ivy League or anything. I'm going into 11 grade this fall and just want to prepared. I'll prob. go to the University of Pittsburgh.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just quit school and post on ISH all day
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Of course SAT I ought to be considered first as an admission to the colleges. I got 800,800 and 790 in my SAT II, still, it didn't provide me as many advantages to compete with other students as I expected. In a word, your chance to be enrolled in an ideal university is mostly decided by your SAT I score.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 07-11-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Make sure to take the ACT as well...If you go to a good school then the ACT will be pretty easy. It's a shorter test and the english and reading subjects are easier then the SAT. There is no vocab you have to memorize. Just make sure to practice a lot on the science section b/c it's the toughest because its 35 min long and you have 7 passages to go through.

To answer the original question. SAT I is the way to go and since you're not going to any ivies or high level colleges dont worry about the SAT II.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Which do I need to take? I plan on going into a pre-pharmacy or pre-med major.
There is a scary thought.....
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Oh I'm not trying for Ivy League or anything. I'm going into 11 grade this fall and just want to prepared. I'll prob. go to the University of Pittsburgh.

Oh as a helpful word of advice, don't shell out thousands for any SAT prep courses. Just buy a SAT book and study it, and learn the strategies.

Prep courses like Kaplan and Princeton Review tend to focus on teaching you things like guessing strategy and other things that you can easily get from a $30 book and some practice.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
There is a scary thought.....
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Oh as a helpful word of advice, don't shell out thousands for any SAT prep courses. Just buy a SAT book and study it, and learn the strategies.

Prep courses like Kaplan and Princeton Review tend to focus on teaching you things like guessing strategy and other things that you can easily get from a $30 book and some practice.
Really I was planning on taking one in a couple weeks?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #12
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Really I was planning on taking one in a couple weeks?

Yea, typically what they do is give you a preliminary exam that is more difficult than the final one, giving you an inflated impression that you improved greatly.

If you already registered, then just take it I guess. But I can already tell you what they are going to teach. Give you some practice problems, teach you what each section is asking, what are the best strategies to guess on questions, etc etc etc
Old 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #13
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Make sure to take the ACT as well...If you go to a good school then the ACT will be pretty easy. It's a shorter test and the english and reading subjects are easier then the SAT. There is no vocab you have to memorize. Just make sure to practice a lot on the science section b/c it's the toughest because its 35 min long and you have 7 passages to go through.

To answer the original question. SAT I is the way to go and since you're not going to any ivies or high level colleges dont worry about the SAT II.
but theres a science part to it
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #14
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
but theres a science part to it

...if you have a functioning brain, you can do the science part
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #15
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Yea, typically what they do is give you a preliminary exam that is more difficult than the final one, giving you an inflated impression that you improved greatly.

If you already registered, then just take it I guess. But I can already tell you what they are going to teach. Give you some practice problems, teach you what each section is asking, what are the best strategies to guess on questions, etc etc etc
I didn't register yet. Hmm maybe I should not do it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: