Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 10 NFL WRs of all-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I think I remember Jackass being a Redskins fan, as I am too. We all loved Art Monk, but was he honestly better than Gary Clark? I saw both these guys in their primes and Gary was more of an impact player. I could see taking Art because his career production was awesome though..........damn, noone remembers how sick Gary Clark was in his prime, and that's a shame. He was Steve Smith before Steve Smith.

I know all about Gary Clark and his prime. And he was the best Redskin WR. I dont care about the lovefest people have of Art Monk.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

I can't even be mad, we some garbage. I used to be optimistic going into the season (11-5, i'm calling it!) every year, now I just expect the worst. Our highly touted first round draft pick gets shot in the nuts in his first week with the team What next?
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I can't even be mad, we some garbage. I used to be optimistic going into the season (11-5, i'm calling it!) every year, now I just expect the worst. Our highly touted first round draft pick gets shot in the nuts in his first week with the team What next?

Who?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #19
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Surprised you hadn't heard. Here's the more recent story:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...ot-laron-land/

Quote:
On Friday, Ryan Wilson brought you the news that Redskins safety LaRon Landry is unable to practice right now because he got shot in the groin during a paintball outing with teammates. Well, now Pro Football Talk has a report about how, exactly, Landry got shot. And although it's simply an unsubstantiated rumor from a reader, it's too funny not to pass along:

Landry had "shot" one of his Redskins teammates, knocking him out of the game. Then, Landry walked up to the player, who was on the ground at the time, and proclaimed that he was going to finish him off, execution style.

The teammate then raised his paintball gun and shot Landry point-blank in the crotch.

If that's true, that teammate would be wise to avoid Landry when full-contact training camp practices start.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Yeah i knew about that....i was thinking of someone seriously getting shot.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #21
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
1. Jerry Rice - The obvious #1.
2. Chris Carter - All he does is catch touchdowns!
3. Don Hutson - It's really hard to compare him to the others, but he dominated his era like no other.
4. Tim Brown - He started off his career slow, but he then became a very consistent receiver.
5. Marvin Harrison - He'll continue to climb this list as he continues to play.
6. Lance Alworth
7. Steve Largent
8. Terrell Owens
9. James Lofton
10. Paul Warfield

1. Carter is ridiculously high.
2. Brown is ridiculously high, great longevity and consistency, did NOT have as much impact as guys like Alwroth or Lofton.
3. Moss was obviously better then Warfield, do I even need to explain why? Has better numbers even though he played uninterested for half of his career.
4. Where is Michael Irvin? Wow.

I don't like this list honestly, outside of Rice, Hutson, Owens...everything seems out of place to me. Of course it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #22
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

It may be a career-numbers vs. prime sorta thing. I value prime far more than durability, though both are variables. Irvin doesn't have the #'s Tim Brown had.........but I saw both of them play most of their careers, and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Mike was better. Even in his prime, Tim Brown to me was like Jimmy Smith. Both were very, very good, possibly great, but I never saw either as "elite".

That's why I put Moss up there. Randy Moss for a good 6-7 years was absolutely dominating, REQUIRING double teams and deep safety help. You put a guy one-on-one with Randy, it was 6. Had he had 15 years instead of 6, he might be #1. That's where consistency comes in to me. But I still reward his not-seen-before prime skills over Tim Brown's consistent very good production.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How high do you think Moss could have turned out if it was all smooth sailing in Minny and he was still goin at it with Daunte?

Top 5?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #24
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
How high do you think Moss could have turned out if it was all smooth sailing in Minny and he was still goin at it with Daunte?

Top 5?

If you combine Randy Moss' talent with the work ethic of a Jerry Rice, you're not just talking about just him possibly being the greatest reciever of all time, but in the discussion for one of the top players of all-time OVERALL. While I believe that Randy Moss doesn't "dog it" any more/less than most, he still hasn't come close to maxing his full potential. His skill set is just mind blowing. If anyone remembers the MNF game from his rookie season when they were at GB, talk about WOW!
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #25
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Brady should be able to bring out the best in him. Deion Branch a Super Bowl MVP? Imagine the firepower of a Brady/Moss combo? Scary.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #26
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Where is Michael Irvin?

Hotel Marriott probably with a couple hookers and a kilo
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #27
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

moss has to definitely be in the top 7. come on look at what he has done. he has had 2 bad years and the rest were amazing look at his total #'s. he should be 7th ahead of TO.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
1. Carter is ridiculously high.
2. Brown is ridiculously high, great longevity and consistency, did NOT have as much impact as guys like Alwroth or Lofton.
3. Moss was obviously better then Warfield, do I even need to explain why? Has better numbers even though he played uninterested for half of his career.
4. Where is Michael Irvin? Wow.

I don't like this list honestly, outside of Rice, Hutson, Owens...everything seems out of place to me. Of course it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
I agree with all of this...
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #29
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yes, I'm a Redskins fan.

Hmm, it seems people more prefer the flashy home run hitter type over the consistent possession type WR. I prefer Art Monk over Gary Clark. Monk was a 14-year Redskin while Clark only played 8 years with the Skins. Monk has 3 SB rings while Clark only has 2, and Monk has better career numbers.

As for Irvin, yes, I forgot to put him as an honorable mention. Yeah, I've heard a bunch of Cowboys players talk about how Irvin was the one who made the team go. It wasn't Aikman, it wasn't Smith, it was Irvin who made that team go and blah blah blah, but I can't put him in the top 10. He doesn't have the career numbers. After next season, he might not even be in the top 20 in either receptions, receiving yards or receiving TDs. If I put him up there, then I might as well put a Sterling Sharpe, a Torry Holt or an Isaac Bruce up there. Plus, I'm a Redskins fan...

Carter's at #2 because he's an 8-time PB'er, he's #2 in career receptions, 4th in receiving yards, and 2nd in receiving TDs. He had amazing hands. He'd go up in the air to make an incredible catch and still have enough concentration to do that little toe-tap to get his feet in bounds. Hmm, I'd probably even put Harrison over Brown. I'd definitely take Harrison over someone like a TO. I'll take the steady, consistent, sure-handed, great route runner who gets the job done over the guy who could kill you with his size and speed, but could just as well drop the damn ball. Give me the guy who's going to make the catch everytime, but won't necessarily take it the distance over the guy who will take it all the way if he happens to catch the damn ball. Why all the hate for Tim Brown? He's a friggin' 9-time PB'er. Tell me what other WR has been to more PBs than him outside of Rice? He had great production. Who cares if he did it quietly? Who cares if he wasn't the flashiest guy? Who cares if he wasn't as outspoken as a TO? He consistently got the job done more than damn near every WR in the history of the NFL. Maybe I'm being too hard on Randy Moss, but so what? He's probably the most talented WR ever, but what has he done in the past 3 seasons besides squander said talent? No leadership skills whatsoever, he sets a poor example, he was too busy pouting last season to catch the ball, etc... Wake me up when he becomes relevant again.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 07-12-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Since it doesn't deserve its own thread, here's my top 10 TE's of all-time. I'm not going to bother putting them into any order, either:

Shannon Sharpe
Ozzie Newsome
Tony Gonzalez
Kellen Winslow
Jackie Smith
Mike Ditka
Todd Christensen
John Mackey
Steve Jordan
Dave Casper

Hon. mentions:

Ben Coates