Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb New Blazer Uniforms and Branding?

I was just thinking, do any of you think the Blazers should redesign their uniforms or even a whole new look of the overall branding? When I say branding, I mean logo, fonts, uniform, colors, etc.

Since the Blazer staff has freshened the image by getting classy guys on the team, I think this might be an excellent final step for building the team.

What do you guys think? Maybe this is already in progress.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: New Blazer Uniforms and Branding?

They just did all that a few years ago...why do it again?
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Well, a few years ago we were the "Jailblazers". My original point was to totally eliminate that image by getting a whole new branding like the Hawks did.

Plus, the branding didn't change that much. All they did was adjust the old pinwheel logo a tad and add a new font. There wasn't much of a dramatic change in the logo or uniform.

Just thought that might help freshen up the team, since we're going in a different direction with the franchise.

If they stay with their current branding, I'll live. Just had a brain fart, that's all. :)
Old 07-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Actually, the season after they did it they got rid of Rasheed Wallace then the following seasons they got rid of Patterson, Stoudamire, Trader Bob, Zach Randolph, Sebastian Telfair and Shareef Abdur-Rahim...All trouble makers in the locker room for the most part...

Anyways...you don't mess with the Blazers logo...don't know if you're from around here but the Blazers logo to the Northwest is a lot like the Knicks & Celtics logos to the East and the Lakers logo to Southern Cal...too traditional to change...also like the Yankees, Red Sox...Etc...usually when a team sees a lot of success like the Blazers have in their history...you don't tamper with those types of things because not only will the older fans be mad about it because they feel you are tampering with history but you will also lose that bit of history behind the logo and jerseys.

The only teams that tamper with that crap are crappy teams and teams that are fairly new like Toronto, Golden State and so on...
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Good point Nygher.

I am a Portlander and been a fan my whole life.

I guess I was just looking for something new for the uniforms but yeah the logo should stay the same, like you said. It is a history icon and what the hell would they come up with anyways other than the pinweel? A trail with fire? That's crap. Uuuhhh, an Oregon Trail type logo on fire, maybe with a cowboy on a wagon with a basketball. That's even more stupid. I guess we shouldn't mess with the logo.

It's funny, I heard on the radio station "1080 The Fan" that the original logo is a "p" and "b" morphed together, which of course stands for "Portland Blazers". I didn't know that until recently. I just thought it was two trails meeting each other and didn't think about the letters. That's embarrassing to admit I guess.

Anyway, it's good that the team is getting much better and can't wait to see Oden and the gang play this year.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm fine with new jerseys, but don't touch the logo unless it is minor (Like when they turned the symbol diagonal and pointed the ends). Should the Bulls change their logo because they have finally got out of the post-Jordan slump? No.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm fine with new jerseys, but don't touch the logo unless it is minor (Like when they turned the symbol diagonal and pointed the ends). Should the Bulls change their logo because they have finally got out of the post-Jordan slump? No.

I don't know. That's a tough one. The bulls logo is very outdated but it does have that Jordan history. I guess I'd like to see it updated sometime.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: