Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #61
Fudge
BREAKING

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: New KG to Lakers rumor, 3 way deal (GealRM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Thats a sick lineup...could put them in the WCF
Line-up's that good hey? Bringing them to the WCF?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #62
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He's going to GS. No way minny does this trade. No reason not to deal with GS, you are getting two to three young prospects no matter what the deal is.

Actually there is a reason, KG could opt out after one season with GS. Whats this mean? Golden State destroys their future to have KG for one season.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #63
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

I like the trade for all three teams involved actually.

From the Minnesota standpoint: They already have their PG and SF of the future and also seem to like Craig Smith alot. This gives them their entire starting lineup for the future if Smith is their guy:

PG-Randy Foye
SG-Gerald Green
SF-Corey Brewer
PF-Craig Smith
CT-Andrew Bynum

All the while it gives them two large expirers (Kwame & Ratliff) to help clear KGs salary once and for all.

From the Lakers standpoint:

Obviously it is great, it gives you KG and Kobe and all you have to give up is Odom, Bynum, and Kwame. Really a major steal for the Lakers.

From the Celtics standpoint:

Although I am not sure if Odom is the best fit there, it gives them another all star level (know he hasnt made one but he is that level) player that can play SF/PF and even C in certain matchups. Pierce, RayAllen, Jefferson, and Odom is one hell of a talented nucleus.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #64
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

that's about 30 cents on the dollar for garnett unless green and bynum both reach the potential we've all heard so much about.

i guess i like it for boston in that they get another guy that can help right away, before the wheels fall of allen, and i'm pretty sure odom has the size to play pf in the east at a near all-star level like he did in miami a few years ago.

los angeles drops a future prospect with a heart condition and the worst #1 overall pick this side of olowakandi for garnett. is it legal for the celtics to help the lakers that much?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #65
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

rs98762001 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
that's about 30 cents on the dollar for garnett unless green and bynum both reach the potential we've all heard so much about.

i guess i like it for boston in that they get another guy that can help right away, before the wheels fall of allen, and i'm pretty sure odom has the size to play pf in the east at a near all-star level like he did in miami a few years ago.

los angeles drops a future prospect with a heart condition and the worst #1 overall pick this side of olowakandi for garnett. is it legal for the celtics to help the lakers that much?

Aside from the Warriors offer, what other trade can get Minnesota both the young prospects (Bynum and Green) and the cap space (Kwame and Ratliff both expire) they desire? That's what they're after in this, not trying to find a KG equivalent. I would say that, if the Wolves can get one more prospect or decent draft pick from the Lakers or Celtics, that this deal is actually reasonable.

Incidentally, it's Turiaf who has the heart condition, not Bynum (although you'd never know that from the way they each play).
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #66
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
Aside from the Warriors offer, what other trade can get Minnesota both the young prospects (Bynum and Green) and the cap space (Kwame and Ratliff both expire) they desire? That's what they're after in this, not trying to find a KG equivalent. I would say that, if the Wolves can get one more prospect or decent draft pick from the Lakers or Celtics, that this deal is actually reasonable.

Incidentally, it's Turiaf who has the heart condition, not Bynum (although you'd never know that from the way they each play).
i thought it was bynum. turiaf i like a lot. kind of the la version of chuck hayes. i didn't realize that kwame was an expirer. that makes a difference. they need to lose mchale though if they want to start over with all that cap space though or they'll wind up overpaying this generation's joe smith under the table and lose their next 7 draft picks.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #67
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The reason I really like this trade and think its fair is Odom in Boston. Ofcourse the Lakers get KG, they're happy. The Wolves get plenty of young talent and the great Bynum , they're happy.

But I believe that Odom in Boston is a good thing because it helps them with rebounding and maybe most importantly gets them an extra guy to create offense. Yeah Pierce is okay, Allen's not really a create for others guy too much (but he can get assists), and I just don't know much about Rondo (I think he can defend well, so he'll serve his purpose). But Odom is a guy that isn't all about taking shots, he can rebound which is something that the C's can use next to Al (and Pierce is no slouch there either), and he can create a lot of offense for them playing point forward. I thought that was a little something that they could ultimately be missing.

However, I doubt this trade happens.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #68
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I want to vomit. Kevin Garnett for two young players who haven't convinced me they'll ever be All-Stars. Frick.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #69
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Young talent is the most Minny can expect in return. Young talent is, almost by definition, unproven (and certainly not all-stars). They are very good prospects.

Do you think either Portland or Seattle would have given Oden or Durant for KG, straight-up (assuming it was allowed under the CBA)?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #70
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Lakers need to get some sh!t done. Throw in 1st round picks for a few years.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #71
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow can't believe there's 70 posts devoted to a question asked on a celtics message board thats asking if anyone heard the rumor? everyone's acting this is really being discussed

Quote:
original post
SIAP: Anyone hearing a KG to Lakers, Odom to BOS rumor?

Wolves get:

Bynum
Green
Ratliff
Kwame

Lakers get:

Garnett

Celtics get:

Odom

Just curious.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #72
KB24Fan
I hit open layups

KB24Fan has an OK reputation so far

yes good trade this brings boston to one of the top teams in the east pierce,allen,and now odom good trade kobe and k.g will never win together
KB24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #73
nottheone
I hit open layups

nottheone has an OK reputation so far

though i admire his heart (no pun intended) and hustle, ronny turiaf isthe most annoying player in the nba when on the bench. hands down.
nottheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #74
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
wow can't believe there's 70 posts devoted to a question asked on a celtics message board thats asking if anyone heard the rumor? everyone's acting this is really being discussed

now don't be a buzzkill!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #75
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Celtics message board? Look at the title... not where I got it from.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: