Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #1
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Chucky Atkins to Denver

Denver insider says its a 3yr deal with 3rd year of the deal being partially guaranteed.

I don't know the exact price, should be announced soon. But should definately be a good price as Blake was only looking for the MLE and he obviously isn't getting it from them.

I like it because it gives them a proven good outside shooter and the backup pg they need.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Re: Chucky Atkins to Denver

Atkins
Smith
Carmelo
Iverson
4 chuckers
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Ohh how exciting.

Might cripple the D a little, but i can live with that since i have been for so long.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:00 AM   #4
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

mhmh. He should have stayed in LA, but nooooooo. Kupcake had to trade him and Caron Butler for two waste of roster spots.

LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #5
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
mhmh. He should have stayed in LA, but nooooooo. Kupcake had to trade him and Caron Butler for two waste of roster spots.

From what I remember, most Laker fans hated Atkins with a passion.

I'm talking about ISH too.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:09 AM   #6
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I like the deal because I think it means AI is certainly now the starting pg for sure as Atkins can't defend nor really run the team, so no small starting backcourts anymore.

Plus Atkins can really shoot and he should pretty much provide what Boykins used to do off the bench, only probably less of a chucker or definately less of an overdribbler and a better shooter. And though he sucks defensively, certainly not as big a defensive liability as Earl who had a natural disadvantage with his height and didn't even try to boot.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
From what I remember, most Laker fans hated Atkins with a passion.

I'm talking about ISH too.
oh god yes... glad to see the guy go... total chucker who just jacks up bad shot after bad shot... no bb iq at all..maybe in a different system he's ok but not with the lakers...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:42 AM   #8
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

whats the source on this anyway
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM   #9
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Denver needed

A) a backup PG (preferably a vet)
B) three point shooting

Atkins covered both.

He sucks, but he's not like some kinda key player or something.

As for this...

Quote:
Atkins
Smith
Carmelo
Iverson
4 chuckers

Just gonna guess they won't all be on the court at the same time.

Doesn't George Karl like a team full of undersized chucks, anyway, like in MIL or the second half of his SEA stint?
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:22 AM   #10
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

I like this pickup, assuming Karl doesn't overplay him like he does Blake. Pick up Eddie Jones or Devin Brown (I'd prefer Eddie), and I'd call it a successful offseason.

Whether or not people like Atkins as a player, he brings a dimension to our team that we've never had before, and that's a PG who has both the guts and the ability to knock down open treys consistently. His defense is sketch, but perimeter defense can be covered, and he doesn't have to play alot to be effective. A smart player who will fit into a winning team.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 AM   #11
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

good signing. we need some more outside shooting and this will definitely help in that category. and that in turn will open things up more for melo, ai and nene. (plus being cheaper than blake is good too).
NugzFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:12 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Atkins
Smith
Carmelo
Iverson
4 chuckers

lol
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 AM   #13
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

not a bad signing, important is to put good bench team now as we have camby, nene,AI and Melo in starting line up.

WE ARE COMING NEXT SEASON FOR THE TITLE!
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #14
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
not a bad signing, important is to put good bench team now as we have camby, nene,AI and Melo in starting line up.

You need better D before you even consider yourselves in the West top 3
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #15
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

i certainly didnt expect to see anything like this when i clicked on a topic about chucker atkins
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: