Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Maybe it's MO!

I know we have had too many coaches since Larry left. I do really think MO needs to go however, he just can't coach in the last 5 minutes of a game which leads me to believe he can't coach at all. Recall this last year how they always blew it in the last couple minutes. I also feel that a underachieveing team like the sixers is a direct reflextion on the coach.
What do you all think? Keep same team, add depth and get a decent coach or what?
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

i agree hes not a great coach, but hes not THE problem. plus, we can't just FIRE him because we've already changed from larry brown to randy ayers to chris ford to jim o'brien to maurice cheeks in the last 3 years. so we can't waste any more money on coaches.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

Not that I don't agree with you....
But when we would lose games in the final minutes/quarters, it wasn't just solely his last minute coaching.. It was also because AI, AI2, and Webber were never fresh by the end of the game.. Yeah, AI may not have been 'tired' but he wasn't fresh.. You see so many coaches resting their star players for the start of the 4th quarter, just so they can give everything they have, if needed, in the end.. MO didn't know how to use what he had correctly..

I say add depth, give him at least one more chance.. If nothing improves from a coaching standpoint, try to do like Knicks, and attempt to force him to quit..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

How about giving Mo some more weapons to utilize rather than Salmons, Randolph, Hunter, Ollie, Bradley & Barnes. No wonder AI, Webb and AI2 have to play the whole game. Tell me any coach that would be successful with that waste of a bench. Not all Mo's fault....Front Office more to blame.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Yep, im willing to give Mo another shot. I understand he did have very little to work with in Philly due to that rag tag bench that King assembled and so maybe the Sixers can do better this year. Also, news is that Chris Ford could be back by the way if AI is shown the way out.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

i dont understand how after seeing so closely how larry brown coached for so many years, cheeks still cant teach anything resembling defense. his offense is good, but we have no D at all, and thats why im not a fan of Mo.

nevertheless, as stated already we have changed coaches way too many times this last 3 years and we need some stability. so Mo should get another chance.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: