Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #31
DirkLegend41
Kids at the park dunk on me

DirkLegend41 has decent reputation

Good pick up. The Mavs improved their defense this year and now we gonna be deadly with more fire power.
DirkLegend41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #32
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

this is a strange pick up. Dallas now has 57 swingmen. I don't know how the minutes will be divided
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #33
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ager, Howard, Stack and Buck = 57 swingmen?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #34
joewait

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Ager, Howard, Stack and Buck = 57 swingmen?

if you're telling me devin and terry will be starting, thats going to make for a real logjam coming off the bench. I don't really get the point of signing Buckner unless he's starting. And I also forget about the rookie from last year who is also a swing, i'm forgetting his name for some reason and adrian griffin

Last edited by joewait : 07-13-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 AM   #35
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

If this dude gets the full MLE for 5 years I'm done with the Mavericks out of sheer principle alone.
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 AM   #36
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

mavs got their 11th man.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #37
joewait

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
mavs got their 11th man.

My boys don't need an 11th man. They need a spot up shooter who plays decent enough defense, because terry and howard are too erratic on a game to game basis.

Also, I forgot Adrian Griffin. Thats 6 swingmen already
Old 07-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #38
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
if you're telling me devin and terry will be starting, thats going to make for a real logjam coming off the bench. I don't really get the point of signing Buckner unless he's starting. And I also forget about the rookie from last year who is also a swing, i'm forgetting his name for some reason

i highly doubt the Mavs will trot out Terrry and Devin as starters. they have no backup PG. (Armstrong is only good for 3 minute burts)

Rawle Marshall was the rookie you are thinking of but he is NBDL bound. hell he may get cut.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #39
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
My boys don't need an 11th man. They need a spot up shooter who plays decent enough defense, because terry and howard are too erratic on a game to game basis.

Have you seen Buckner play? He's not a spot up shooter at all. IF you have forgotten, the Nuggets were dead last in 3 point shooting last season. Buckner was the best of them, but that's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. He isn't a good shooter.

Secondly, I don't know where Buckner got a reputation as a good defender, but he's average at best. He's like the new Ira Newble, everyone thinks he's good at defense but he isn't. Buckner never came close to shutting anyone down or slowing anyone down either.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #40
joewait

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Have you seen Buckner play? He's not a spot up shooter at all. IF you have forgotten, the Nuggets were dead last in 3 point shooting last season. Buckner was the best of them, but that's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. He isn't a good shooter.

Secondly, I don't know where Buckner got a reputation as a good defender, but he's average at best. He's like the new Ira Newble, everyone thinks he's good at defense but he isn't. Buckner never came close to shutting anyone down or slowing anyone down either.

well in that case it was a lousy move, reminiscent of my boys' horrible moves in 03-04
Old 07-13-2006, 01:11 AM   #41
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

The full MLE?? This is sickening if it is true. Dallas may have some top-notch scouts but when it comes to finances, they are really dumb. Why offer Buckner so much? Play hardball, offer him the LLE and if he doesn't want it then let him walk. There's more options out there, not like Buckner is that important. Worst comes to worst, there's still Griffin, who could come much more cheaper, guaranteed. This is dumb.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:17 AM   #42
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

Buckner is always injured even when he does play. I thought he was gonna give the Sixers the little things it was said he could bring. He didnt. Very inconsisent. Might have a game or two where his hustle, lil things he does helps. But the games he doesnt do that or doesnt even play far outweight that. Crazy how much money this dude still gets. He's no David Wingate.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:14 AM   #43
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
According to dallasnews.com, Buckner is getting the entire MLE, which comes out to a little more then 5 million. Its also a FIVE year contract.

If thats true, then this offseason has turned into an instant disaster.

So they basically exchanged the contracts of Daniels/KVH for Buckner/Croshere.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #44
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

The star telegram has the correct information. It's for 4 years at approximately 10 mil. 4th year is partially guaranteed. That's a little more like it.

True Buckner really isn't a shooter, but he has a better shot than Griffin. You won't be able to totally ignore him like you can Griff. Plus they did get Ager in the draft and he can shoot. This also doesn't leave them with a small lineup of James and Terry out there together.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #45
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am much much happier, he is still overpaid but not to the point that i have to hate him which is good since i have liked him since the last time he played for the mavs.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: