Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #46
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anybody think LEBRON is gettin to cocky?

Quote:
thats what i was thinking.

I come from the real world where people still go outside and interact with other people....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #47
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
For starters, I happen to work with a guy who played ball at Mamouth college and he has chosen 1 on his arm..... like I said, its not an original tat

I dont think the orginality of Lebron was being questioned. It was the fact that the guy who is a really good basketball player tatooed "chosen1" on his back.

i think Lebron is a great ball player. But the fact is that tatooing something like that on your back makes you cocky.
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #48
dudeguykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I come from the real world where people still go outside and interact with other people....

As do I. I havent seen anybody with a "chosen1" tattoo. Why would anyone get that In fact i dont think anyone else on here has before. So your logic that I dont go outside is apocryphal.

Could it be that Lebron thinks hes the "new Jordan"? Wouldnt that be a little cocky of somebody to believe that before accomplishing anything?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #49
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im sure Lebron isnt the only one with "Chosen One" or something a similar tat on his body. He didnt come up with the skits or things during the ESPY's so you cant hate him for doing what he is being paid to do. If you are going to hate someone hate the media for labeling him "King James" and "The Chosen One". Its not like he went around and gave himself those nicknames unlike another player in the league.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #50
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
But the fact is that tatooing something like that on your back makes you cocky.

you're too sensitive over it......

People have all types of things tatooed on their bodies, and this criticism comes off as flat out jealousy that Lebron got be center stage at that show...

Lebron is great kid and if anyone out there deserves to get some pub, its him
Old 07-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #51
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
As do I. I havent seen anybody with a "chosen1" tattoo. Why would anyone get that In fact i dont think anyone else on here has before. So your logic that I dont go outside is apocryphal.

riiiiiight, this is the same group who swore up and down that my real name cant be Rasheed.... It has to be some connection to Rasheed Wallace because "How many people have that name?"

alot kids on here are sheltered and believe that since they have never witnessed something, it cant exist....even though most kids on here arent even 20 years old yet..

Quote:
Could it be that Lebron thinks hes the "new Jordan"? Wouldnt that be a little cocky of somebody to believe that before accomplishing anything?

Jordan has chosen 1 tattoed on his body?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #52
dudeguykid

Quote:
riiiiiight, this is the same group who swore up and down that my real name cant be Rasheed.... It has to be some connection to Rasheed Wallace because "How many people have that name?"
huh. I know many Rasheeds...so if you say you name is Rasheed why would I not believe you?

Quote:
alot kids on here are sheltered and believe that since they have never witnessed something, it cant exist....even though most kids on here arent even 20 years old yet..

I dont doubt there are other people running around with "chosen1" tattoos. But that wasnt the point i was trying to make. Lebron is very gifted and is shaping up the be a great basketball player. No one is doubting that. I merely stated that given all that and combined with the fact that he decided to tattoo "chosen1" on his body would generally lead people to arrive at the conclusion that he is cocky. Not saying the cockyness isnt warranted but am saying that it is in fact there.

Quote:
Jordan has chosen 1 tattoed on his body
No. I was implying that being heralded as the next jordan may have led to him deciding to get "chosen1" tatooed on his back. As in "I am the chosen 1 to be the next jordan".
Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #53
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did anyone watch him on Jimmy Kimmel last night? He showed NO personality during the interview, no intelligence either. All he really did was answer the questions with a basic "yes", "maybe", "absolutely not", "I don't know" type of answer, followed by a somewhat forced laugh. He has the IQ of a walnut. I honestly don't think I have ever heard him say a single insightful or clever remark in all his interviews.

And do I think he's cocky? Yes...I mean, you have to be pretty cocky to have the audacity to tattoo "chosen1" in huge letters on your back. Plus last night he was talking about a "hall of fame" about himself he was building at his house and then I think he is also putting a bust or some sort of a statue of himself in the front yard. All from a guy who shot 41% in the playoffs while having one of the easiest roads to the finals. I usually like cocky players but only ones that can back it up with their play.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #54
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Did anyone watch him on Jimmy Kimmel last night? He showed NO personality during the interview, no intelligence either. All he really did was answer the questions with a basic "yes", "maybe", "absolutely not", "I don't know" type of answer, followed by a somewhat forced laugh. He has the IQ of a walnut. I honestly don't think I have ever heard him say a single insightful or clever remark in all his interviews.

And do I think he's cocky? Yes...I mean, you have to be pretty cocky to have the audacity to tattoo "chosen1" in huge letters on your back. Plus last night he was talking about a "hall of fame" about himself he was building at his house and then I think he is also putting a bust or some sort of a statue of himself in the front yard. All from a guy who shot 41% in the playoffs while having one of the easiest roads to the finals. I usually like cocky players but only ones that can back it up with their play.

He made it to the ****ing NBA Finals! How is that not backing it up with his play. He was outstanding in that Detroit series give the kid a break.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #55
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Lebron h a t e rs are so lame....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #56
MisSeductive
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MisSeductive has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9

I watched Lebron on Jimmy Kimmel and he came across as a guy with no sense of humor. He is definitely cocky, which is kinda funny b/c I have yet to figure out exactly what he is so proud of. And he is not spontaneous funny like Shaq...he can be funny only when it is scripted...as it was at the ESPYs.
MisSeductive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #57
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
He made it to the ****ing NBA Finals!

Oh right, how could I forget not giving him credit for beating the unstoppable force that is the Washington Wizards (without Butler and Arenas) and the dominant New Jersey Nets (41-41 regular season record). Then he went on to beat an overrated Detroit team, apparently all by himself even though he shot 41.1% for the series aside from the 48 point game. Seriously, I challenge someone to find an easier road to the finals than what the Cavs had. They could have proved that they were not just reaping in benefits of an easy playoff bracket by playing well against the Spurs...but they went on to get swept. So no he hasn't proven **** to me. The 48 point game was amazing but people need to consider how awful he played in the playoffs outside of that ONE game.

Last edited by Fatal9 : 07-13-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #58
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPistonFan
LeBron isn't funny. He is a bad comedian.

seriously dude, and he is even a bad singer.

No I don't hate James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_za9Okg5fpo

He has talent in the nba, but he sucks at singing and being a comedian.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #59
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

:rollingeyes: The Lebron Hate Thread is making me sick

That is one funny Video you cannot even see Kobe Bryant doing that stuff.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #60
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Who ever is thinks he is cocky for that is just paranoid.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: