Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #16
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Harry Potter Movie

nope and i laugh at all the **** who stand around in their little robes waving their wands like their fu(king wizards or something arguing about how griffindor would kick slytherins a$$ like their real....

PS god made movies so we didnt have to read...
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #17
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
She is suppose to be.
I know she's supposed to be. That girl did a great job playing her.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #18
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashformvp
nope and i laugh at all the **** who stand around in their little robes waving their wands like their fu(king wizards or something arguing about how griffindor would kick slytherins a$$ like their real....

me and my friends went on day two and we were really hoping to see some people dressed up as wizards...we only saw some half-ass witch
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
me and my friends went on day two and we were really hoping to see some people dressed up as wizards...we only saw some half-ass witch
I went yesterday but no one was dressed up.

A few people did raise their hands when during the "court scene" they asked who though Harry should be cleared of all charges
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Went to the Imax theatre to see it. Last 20mins was in 3D so you saw them flying, fighting which was hot. I never read the books and outside of the first one liked them all. My friend kept saying how they cut out a lot of the book and even changed some of the things that happened. Like the beggining of the movie isnt how it went, all the kids getting "I will not lie" or stuff scratched on thier hands like Harry Potter didnt exist...the asian female didnt give them up it was her friend. Just a bunch of shyt. Eh. This movie wasnt great but it was cool.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #21
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

I'm seeing it on IMAX soon. And about the movies skipping a lot of what happens in the books, it's true. Anyone who read the books should say the same thing. It's just that the directors don't have a choice. What, are they going to make a 10 hour movie to fit everything in? Not a chance.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #22
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashformvp

lmao, me and about 20 of my friends went to the 3rd one dressed up in black robes and wizard-hats...probably the dorkiest thing I've ever done.

And about half of our basketball team was there doing it. When the coach found out that we were dressed up like wizards at a harry potter movie, we had to run...a lot.

it was all in fun though...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

Havent seen it yet, but I do like the books. Saw Transformers and that f-ing rocked the whole way through.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #24
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

This was like the shortest of all the movies and it was the longest book at 800 pages. I felt a lot was left out (ofcourse I haven't read any of the books), but it kinda felt akward.

Im also tired of Harry being a *****. He should've killed that damn witch. I think the ending left a bitter taste in my mouth
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #25
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

If your over 15 and watching Harry Potter then ... well you get where i'm going
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #26
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
If your over 15 and watching Harry Potter then ... well you get where i'm going

Good thing nobody cares about your opinion. Its like the biggest series ever, and the movies are well done. And its not just big because of kids
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #27
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Good thing nobody cares about your opinion. Its like the biggest series ever, and the movies are well done. And its not just big because of kids

Yeah good thing. And nobody stereotypes Harry Potter fans as nerds and virgins .It's just me, I'm a jackass
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #28
monthh
Local High School Star

I have never read any of the books, but have seen all the movies. I have liked them all about the same, but the part about them going back in time kind of confused me. It is like that Denzel Washington movie that came out a while ago where they send themselves back in time. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

And my girlfriend has read all the books multiple times (she reads them all before a new one comes out) and she did say I should read the book because it has a lot more to it.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #29
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
Yeah good thing. And nobody stereotypes Harry Potter fans as nerds and virgins .It's just me, I'm a jackass

Harry Potter fans are nerds and virgins? Where the hell did you get that idea? This is the exact kind of crap I would expect from a person who never bothered to read the books.

Whatever, it's your loss.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #30
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
This was like the shortest of all the movies and it was the longest book at 800 pages. I felt a lot was left out (ofcourse I haven't read any of the books), but it kinda felt akward.

Im also tired of Harry being a *****. He should've killed that damn witch. I think the ending left a bitter taste in my mouth

[spoiler]Throughout the movie, he was afraid that he was becoming more and more like Voldemort. Throw in the fact that Voldemort was trying to egg him on, I think it's understandable why he didn't.[/spoiler]

Quote:
I have never read any of the books, but have seen all the movies. I have liked them all about the same, but the part about them going back in time kind of confused me. It is like that Denzel Washington movie that came out a while ago where they send themselves back in time. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

They don't go "back in time". Dumbledore stores his memories in his pensieve so he can go back later and view them again. It makes it easier so he can go back and look at things from another angle.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: