Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #16
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AM 570 reported that Lakers are offering LLE to Cliff Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
at least they are bringing in Vets who are proven i.e fisher cliffy etc.

i think radmonivic will be traded to a team desperately needing perimeter shooting...cant think of any team now tho

Radmanovic for DANNY FERRY
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #17
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by togaed
The Lakers don't have the LLE.

Not that i'm defending this thread... but can't any team sign a player to veteran's minimum no matter there cap situation? And for a player with 18 years in the league the minimum is well over a mill isn't it?
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #18
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a terrific reputationlakers_forever has a terrific reputationlakers_forever has a terrific reputationlakers_forever has a terrific reputationlakers_forever has a terrific reputationlakers_forever has a terrific reputation

The missing link to the title.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #19
totoro
I airball my layups

totoro has an OK reputation so far

they also didn't use their entire mle on fisher so they have about 1 million left over from that.
totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

what the hell is wrong with my Lakers? why do we continue to scavenge for old farts and NBDL punks? why cant we get some trade going? I know the Lakers are so scared of taking more salaries cuz its going to hurt their bottom line but were supposed to be the best in the NBA, we have the biggest fan base, why not invest more money to get kobe some help?
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #21
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
what the hell is wrong with my Lakers? why do we continue to scavenge for old farts and NBDL punks? why cant we get some trade going? I know the Lakers are so scared of taking more salaries cuz its going to hurt their bottom line but were supposed to be the best in the NBA, we have the biggest fan base, why not invest more money to get kobe some help?

Derek Fisher is not an old fart. only Mckie and Mihm are the old farts.

And if you haven't noticed, Buss is using the money on his Granny Playboy style.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

I second that.

It's obvious that this team hasn't learned from past mistakes. McKie won't be with them next year, so it's apparent they need someone to replace him.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #23
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Derek Fisher is not an old fart. only Mckie and Mihm are the old farts.

And if you haven't noticed, Buss is using the money on his Granny Playboy style.

I'm talking about Cliff Robinson
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #24
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I believe all the Lakers have to spend is what's left over after the DFish signing. Thus +/- $1m

can't get much talent for that.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #25
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Nets fans, is he worth it?

Hell yeah it's worth it! Uncle Cliffy's ALWAYS got the best weed connections!
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #26
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
I'm talking about Cliff Robinson

Quote:
why do we continue to scavenge for old farts and NBDL punks?

Should bold next time.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #27
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
McKie won't be with them next year, so it's apparent they need someone to replace him.

Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
eeeeeebro
National High School Star

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

why not he has been playing basketball pro since the beggining of time worse thing he could do is give some tips to players around him.
i remember when he was young i loved his game he was one high energy high flighing good offensive rebound dunker type of player.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #29
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I would think they would offer him the vet's minimum rather than the LLE. At his age it might even be worth more money.

This could mean a deal is pending. Why would the Lakers sign Cliff Robinson when they have Brian Cook? Well, the easy answer there is that Brian Cook sucks and Cliffy can provide leadership and stability and Lamar Odom/Phil Jackson with marijuana.

But when you consider the basketball side of this, why sign Aaron McKie part 2? It's pretty damn obvious he won't make an impact. Your career is over Cliffy. I'm sorry. That goes for you too, Kevin Willis. Although I'd much rather have Kevin Willis.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #30
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I would think they would offer him the vet's minimum rather than the LLE. At his age it might even be worth more money.

This could mean a deal is pending. Why would the Lakers sign Cliff Robinson when they have Brian Cook? Well, the easy answer there is that Brian Cook sucks and Cliffy can provide leadership and stability and Lamar Odom/Phil Jackson with marijuana.

But when you consider the basketball side of this, why sign Aaron McKie part 2? It's pretty damn obvious he won't make an impact. Your career is over Cliffy. I'm sorry. That goes for you too, Kevin Willis. Although I'd much rather have Kevin Willis.

Actually, I can see signing an ancient creaky big man over an ancient creaky guard -any- day. Good, knowledgeable big men are hard to find and even harder to create through the development of youth. Willis and Cliff aren't being expected to be starters or backups, they're expected to be third-string, spot-minute players. Sometimes **** happens of course, and they end up putting in more time than they originally intended (Deke, Zo) but a dependable, proven, veteran big man that can give you 10-15 minutes a night and provide a little locker room leadership, some hands-on mentoring of your developing players, is worth ten times what you're going to end up paying him, even if he's lounging on the IR all season and only comes in for the postseason. Many times it's because of those veterans that those teams even -have- a postseason.

About Cook, isn't he a restricted free agent? I really don't know, but for some reason I thought I remember reading something during the season about him being one of the players the Lakers need to re-sign in the offseason. They could just let him go if he is an FA, or as you said, it definitely could be something leading up to a trade with Cook involved.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: