Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Mo Pete signs with New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Isnt Desmond Mason a FA as well?
Yeah, and this means he's outta there.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #17
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Which means that you two probably started making your posts at the same time, but you finished your's first.

Weak.

Ok there buddy, i found the article so i decided to post it. I'm just letting him know i made a thread already. JEEZ
Old 07-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #18
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
so i wonder if this means Petrius to Utah??? or Mia?

I've been saying for a while that he should sign with San Antonio and be groomed as a Bowen replacement - great on the ball defender, and shoots threes well from the corners. Adjust the attitude a bit so he plays hard all the time and there you go: 21st century Bowen.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
PG: Chris Paul - Bobby Jackson
SG: Morris Peterson -
SF: Peja Stojakovic - Julian Wright - Rasual Butler
PF: David West - Cedric Simmons
C: Tyson Chandler - Hilton Armstrong

Backup SG? Hornets lack guards. I like the addition of Mo. But Paul, Mo, Bjax is it???
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #20
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Backup SG? Hornets lack guards. I like the addition of Mo. But Paul, Mo, Bjax is it???

i guess if Desmond Mason doesn't resign then, once again for the second year in a row, they are desperatley in need of another guard.

I hardly even consider Bobby Jackson or Mo Pete shooting guards, as they are more suited to PG and SF respectively.

edit - Rasual Butler could log some minutes at SG, but like Peterson, he's more suited to the SF position.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Good move for New Orleans.

Mo Pete's ballhandling is a bit weak for an SG but really the only thing he'll have to do is stand on the perimeter and wait for Chris Paul to drive and dish or if David West gets double-teamed.

Other than the Peja contract, the Hornets are fairly well constructed team.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #22
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

I'm somewhat glad that the jazz didn't sign him. They already have giricek, almond, brewer, and miles at the 2. I would like to see what they can do with some real playing time next year. Especially Brewer.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #23
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

As a Raps fan i'm very sad to think about MoPete in another jersey. That being said, it was a very good signing by the Hornets and I wish him luck there.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
I'm somewhat glad that the jazz didn't sign him. They already have giricek, almond, brewer, and miles at the 2. I would like to see what they can do with some real playing time next year. Especially Brewer.

Isn't Miles a RFA? I mean I would think they want him back, but he is still very young and full of potential, he could be lured away at a price that Utah doesn't feel they should match.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I very solid addition to the Hornets roster but they are still for the most part young and need another guard who can produce now and not in the future if they want to get into the playoffs.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #26
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I very solid addition to the Hornets roster but they are still for the most part young and need another guard who can produce now and not in the future if they want to get into the playoffs.

As sad as it might be, Franchise may be a good fit coming off the bench as a PG/SG for the Hornets... he would probably have to come in at vets mimimum, but he just got 30mill to walk away from his team so I don't think he's hurting for money.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #27
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
As sad as it might be, Franchise may be a good fit coming off the bench as a PG/SG for the Hornets... he would probably have to come in at vets mimimum, but he just got 30mill to walk away from his team so I don't think he's hurting for money.

but would the hornets want to use their presumably last FA signing of the summer on a huge question mark like Franchise?

I think they should go after Pavlovic (to get him away from the Cleveland Lebrons) or Pietrius, given they can work a sign and trade or something
Old 07-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #28
cdot11
Peace.

ever since b.scott becames hornets coach he has often played 2 pg at the same time (maybe bc he hasnt had a true sg). thats why i wanted nick young in the draft. depth chart looks like this:

Paul/Bjax/Pargo(wants to resign)
MoPete/Rasual/Bjax
Peja/Wright/Rasual
West/Simmons/Vroman
Tyson/Armstrong
cdot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #29
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

I knew the Jazz weren't going to land Mo Pete the minute I read the paper this morning and saw that Kevin O'Connor basically said that Peterson wasn't worth the MLE. Maybe his opinion will change when the Jazz wake up in March and realize that they really could have used him.

Fisher leaves and gives us an opportunity to spend a little money and get that final piece that we need to be true contenders. Unfortunately, that opportunity will be squandered because Miller is a cheap ass who will never pay the luxury tax.

Quote:

Sounds a lot like what people are saying all over local Jazz radio, and I don't agree. Giricek is as good as gone, Miles is probably gone (and even if he stays he will likely ride the bench for a LONG time for not playing in the RMR), Brewer can't shoot and Almond can't play D.

Typical Utah Jazz. Larry thinks he's spent enough money so the team decides to "see what they've got in the young guys." Fisher was a much bigger loss than a lot of people want to admit and I have very little faith that the Brewer/Almond combo is going to get us back to the WCF.

Well done, Jazz Front Office.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #30
cdot11
Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith

cdot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: