Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #46
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: Exporing the female psyche: Preference for older guys?

Yeah, I guess I am stereotyping a bit............

I think what MOST women want is a guy who is at least TRYING to do something with his life. I have a friend who is 27 and is a full time grocery bagger at a store. He wonders why he can't get a date, and I'm like DUH............
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #47
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Yeah, I guess I am stereotyping a bit............

I think what MOST women want is a guy who is at least TRYING to do something with his life. I have a friend who is 27 and is a full time grocery bagger at a store. He wonders why he can't get a date, and I'm like DUH............

well put MLH.

upbringing and environment also play a big role as well. I have this friend. she was the hottest girl in well... each grade up to college... but she is no airhead (though not a genius either) and wants to put stock into her education and hard work.

earlier in her life, she would spend time with older guys 25+ when she was as young as 14, but these are the immature type guys who just want to fu ck around and do immature things.

so her upbringing has shaped the kind of person she is... to the point that she believes all men in America are like this... so she has permanently relocated to Italy where she believes older men are all more mature.

shortsighted and naive... but it works for her... and it is a perfect example regarding my original thesis..
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #48
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
well put MLH.

upbringing and environment also play a big role as well. I have this friend. she was the hottest girl in well... each grade up to college... but she is no airhead (though not a genius either) and wants to put stock into her education and hard work.

earlier in her life, she would spend time with older guys 25+ when she was as young as 14, but these are the immature type guys who just want to fu ck around and do immature things.

so her upbringing has shaped the kind of person she is... to the point that she believes all men in America are like this... so she has permanently relocated to Italy where she believes older men are all more mature.

shortsighted and naive... but it works for her... and it is a perfect example regarding my original thesis..

Many times in life, it only takes one or two negative experiences in a certain area to forever turn us off and develop negative stereotypes about something. I have dated two girls whom were extremely wealthy, but very shallow. I could make the conclusion that all rich girls are shallow, and it's easy to fall into that trap, but I refuse too.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #49
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

funny how this friend of mine discriminates based on age yet so fervently attacks racism and sexism...

tsk tsk...

kind of life the woman who goes across the nation protesting the use of SUVs and pollution...... by going to her places in a private charter jet.... a single flight from NYC to LA uses up more crude oil in the form of kerosene than an SUV uses in gasoline in an entire year
Old 07-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #50
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
funny how this friend of mine discriminates based on age yet so fervently attacks racism and sexism...

tsk tsk...

kind of life the woman who goes across the nation protesting the use of SUVs and pollution...... by going to her places in a private charter jet.... a single flight from NYC to LA uses up more crude oil in the form of kerosene than an SUV uses in gasoline in an entire year

Completely unrelated, but did you did lose 3 posts off your total? I noticed earlier that you were at 9,999........
Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #51
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Completely unrelated, but did you did lose 3 posts off your total? I noticed earlier that you were at 9,999........

I was arguing about something with Hippos and some poster who kept posting emoticons. take note, Jeff is the letter of the law and he does not want people to enforce the law for him
Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
snipes12
Dirk Madness

the young one always pop's open the fresh ones while the old one's always gets the left overs ..

i feel sad for those males who have grown old and never experienced on popping first in their ladies..
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #53
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipes12
the young one always pop's open the fresh ones while the old one's always gets the left overs ..

i feel sad for those males who have grown old and never experienced on popping first in their ladies..

we're talking about mainstream women. mainstream women get popped the first time when they are teenagers, but after they enter their 20s, they watn the 30+ guys
Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #54
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Bottomline... Women like to be protected and provided for.... Older Men usually can provide this before younger men...

And when the older men cant provide it, they can at least provide the illusion that they can provide it...

Women like prestige...Thats why they date older guys in HS and wanna date somebody outside the neighborhood (when you grow up in the hood)...They are simply trying to rise above the other local females and a mysterious man is the way they try to do it...

Men know this...this is why men date women a few years younger than them, because they are easy prey... She'll be 100% into you for a certain amount of time (until she gets bored) and you have to get yours while you have that window of opportunity......See, men get bored too (after you hit a certain amount of times) So its not a one sided game...its two way and you just gotta know how to attract women and when to let them go..

none of this applies to a woman you may meet and actually love...thats when you get serious and be honest about your feelings
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #55
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

I was thinking about running a controlled experiment testing these things...

well, I really can't do it because I'm currently in a relationship now and the basis of the experiment would be to create the illusion that I am so and so and then go out to specific women whom I know by history have a preference for older men etc...

but maybe I could train someone?

essentially I would be testing the effects of increasing age with money and masculine features as a negative control
Old 07-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #56
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
any verifiable basis for this Freud?

because this seems totally irrelevant. if anything, women these days want the exact opposite of a man that resembles their father.

Father figure in the sense of security, financial support and emotional support.

Not the "here daddy wants you to show you a puppet show in his pants" type of father.

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: