Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #16
nottheone
I hit open layups

Default Re: Zach Randolph + Eddy Curry is dumb and here's why.

Quote:
He used to be his best at posting up, but these days Q-Rich is a spot up shooter. And I think he will continue this trend coming off another season from injury.
richardson is an overrated chuck. he's really not an elite shooter at all.
nottheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheone
richardson is an overrated chuck. he's really not an elite shooter at all.

Never said he was.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Their are some good points, good deductive reasoning, and WHAT IFS, MIGHT BE, etc...

Typically I would say it will be difficult to have 2 post players that dominate the ball if they have the same type of game. But from what I have seen of Randolph's game is he can play with his back to the basket or face up a defender and he does split the double teams well. In this way Zach can use both facets of his game. There will be a lot of garbage points in the paint that they will be able to get as well. A high pick and roll with either player can take some pressure off the other in the paint. Now I think obviously they have to pass better for it work as well.

People are going to post here the 1st month of the season how its not going to work but it will take time to build a cohesive unit and continuity.

I am optimistic though.

My biggest concern honestly is the defense the offensive talent is there already!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #19
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
sure i don't, i only saw over 60 of their games last season. And have been doing so for the last 3-4 seasons.

Marcus Williams is the only young guy on that team that has potential to do anything in this league and he will never be a star. He was nice at Uconn but hasn't proved **** last season.

Adams, Boone and wright couldn't buy minute on a squad with no depth. From what i've seen they will never be much more than backups.

We'll have to wait and see what happens with sean williams. Even at this point everyone knows that he won't be someone that you can give the ball to on offense.

Collins is a soli defender but has a horrible contract and no team will take him.

Nenad and nachbar are both solid contributors. Nenad is a bit too soft for a guy on a team with no other big man.

Jefferson is a good 3rg option and he'll stay that way for the rest of his career. Ha'd his run as the number one option when kidd got hurt and shot under 40% while putting up a lot of turnovers.

Carter and Kidd are great but won't last too long.

So what will your franchise lean on a few years from now?

I either watched or read about every single game last season down to the last detail. So please, don't try to act like a smart***.

Watching the games doesn't mean **** if you don't know how to analyze them. Hmm, you sound a lot different in your second post. In your first post, you said "The only two guys who can play (assuming you meant Kidd and Carter)...." And then you go on in your second post "Nenad and Nachbar are both solid contributors."

Nenad isn't just a contributor, we rely on him. He's recovered from injury, and he's a lot stronger. I'm sure you know what he's capable of doing. And as you said, Boki is a great contributor off the bench. I'm sure if you watched the Nets as much as you claim, you know how good he is to our team.

RJ is one of the most efficient players in the league. He can score points without too many attempts. He rebounds, he defends, and he runs on the break. RJ's very valuable, and you're the one saying he can't play. Thanks for helping my point with the 04-05 reference. RJ was our man when Kidd went down. So what if he's not a franchise player? That doesn't detract anything from us.

As for our bench, Adams has already proven that he can play. It's just Frank hasn't included him in the rotation, that's why he gets minimal playing time. Boone has improved steadily, and has a bright future. He just needs to improve his basketball IQ. And Wright is a solid perimeter defender (very much needed) and a good shooter. You already know about Marcus and the prospects of Sean. Sounds like good potential to me.

We are a perimeter/fast breaking team. That's who we are. We're not a post up/pounding team, but that doesn't mean that we can't contend. What you said about our age is only somewhat true. Us dying in 4 years is utter bullcrap, as you can say that about many other teams.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #20
sydneyking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by premenstrualWiz
Doesn't he ever step back and realize he's getting duped at every turn?
So you think we should have kept Channing Frye? Please elaborate girl-wonder.

Portland got swindled in this deal (I think they could have done better). Even renowned Knicks-h@ter Bill Simmons said it was a good trade.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #21
nottheone
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Never said he was.
i know, but im just saying that he shouldnt be relegated to being a spot up shooter because hes really an average shooter when steve nash isnt setting him up.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #22
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheone
i know, but im just saying that he shouldnt be relegated to being a spot up shooter because hes really an average shooter when steve nash isnt setting him up.
that wasn't even his best season btw...people often forget that...

he's also a good rebounder, good passer, decent ball-handler, good defensive player...i'd say that if he knock down the occassional shot, I'll be more than happy with him because honestly, how much offense do the knicks need?
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 PM   #23
nottheone
I hit open layups

it wasnt his best season, no, but it was his most prolific as a shooter.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #24
timmyD
I hit open layups

i like the espn the mag discussion with stewart scott this past week and some guy from new york asked a funny question

Dave; Nyc, NY- hey stewart is it a cause for concern that my teams post players (zach and eddy) both have breasts? hahaahhaha i couldnt stop laughing
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #25
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph are kind of like the frontcourt equivalent of Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #26
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Couldn't agree more. Neither of them are true game changers or dominate harshly in the low post.

i dunno what u mean by dominate harshly but i think eddy lead the league in points in the paint. he wouldve done even better if he hadnt been doubled n tripled latter in the season. zbo will help in that aspect, and he also has a jumper
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #27
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Randolph doesn't always have to stay on the block, he does have a nice jay. We'll see what happens, i hope it works out. If anything they can just run Lee with Curry and have Randolph and Curry play limited minutes together.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #28
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Putting Eddy Curry and Z RAndolph together would be like a reminiscence of Wilt and Moses Malone on the same team.

Book it guys! :)
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #29
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

My main beef with a lot of people knocking this trade is this: If you were Isiah, and someone offered Zach Randolph and two expiring contracts, who are both at least decent players, for Frye and Steve Francis, would you take it? I know I would, without even considering what the rest of my team looked like. Can that combination really be worse than the francis/marbury combination? Do most of you think Frye is really going to even touch Randolphs stats in his career? Maybe frye will be a 15 and 8 player, that's what he's shown mostly, and how he'll be behind two more talented players in Portland, so I don't see him developing past 15 and 8 while he's there, if he even gets there. Randolph can play in the post and can shoot from midrange, which is what they wanted Frye to do, but he never seemed to really be all that good at it. Randolph has proven he has it, he's still just 25 or 26, and he did that in the Western Conference, now he moves to the Eastern Conference. I don't care if I had KG, marion, Curry, Shaq, and Dirk on my team, if i had Francis and Frye on there as well, and someone offered me Zach Randolph for frye and francis, I'd take the deal. Francis didn't want to be in NY really, and he wasn't working out AT ALL. Frye also doesn't touch Randolph.

Its cool to question whether or not they will work together, we will know in a couple of months. But don't bash on the actual trade, because it improved the team, without a doubt.

DOWN WITH KNICK BASHERS!!!

Last edited by jlawdrummer : 07-14-2007 at 01:44 AM.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #30
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph are kind of like the frontcourt equivalent of Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.

That right there is just typical bs. I don't see how Curry and Randolph are that redundant? One is a high post player and the other is low post player. Either of them could play the PF/C, while neither Marbury or Francis can't play SG due and none of them can point effictevely. Both like to drive to the hole and Marbury shoots a bit better. And both were so late in their careers that it was evident that none of them would change. Steve that he was Franchise and Marbury is well Marbury. Atleast both Curry and Randolph are around 25 and if doesn't work the first year, they will have time to grow togethier.

Look I would of rather of had a Jermaine O'Neal, but he definitely could of not been had for Frye and Francis. I don't think this team will ever win a championship which is a shame because that should be the goal, but we should get some more wins.

As for their defensive problems, what about the Nets. They won 41 with Nenad injured and Collins and Moore as their bigs.

Raps won atlantic with Bosh and Rasho/Bargs.

Utah won 50 with Boozer and Mehmet (none of them average more then a block a game.)

And Curry and Randolph are around the same level as these players defensively.

Yet people fail to mention how are people going to stop these two? What slowed Curry down last year for a while, was he was getting doubled as soon as he touched the ball and our players couldn't make the other team pay for it. Now with Randolph and a healthy Jamal you can't do that or your going to get burned.

Should be interesting to watch.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: