Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #16
HitandRun Reggie
Kids at the park dunk on me

HitandRun Reggie has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: are macs worth the extra money

You are also much less likely to get hacked in a Mac.

I still choose to use PCs though, Macs seem so......unmanly.
HitandRun Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
For 3.5K you or one of your friends, cousins, whatever should be able to build you something that would blow that away.

problem is in the summers it's gonna completely heat up your room like an oven unless you got good air conditioning. I built an entry level gaming system last year and it is completely unusable in the summer since I have no AC
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #18
-primetime-

honestly, I can't think of one good reason to get a mac.

95% of the world runs on windows...why would you want to stray away from that?

I am an artist...and even I would never use a mac...they don't have any 3D software to use....and what's up with the one mouse button thing?

and if you ever want to play a game on your mac...forget about it, they don't make any.

there is 20x more software available for PCs...

yes you can run windows from a mac but it is not the same.

the ONLY plus side I see to getting a mac is less spyware/virus....PCs are better in EVERY other way possible.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #19
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
honestly, I can't think of one good reason to get a mac.

95% of the world runs on windows...why would you want to stray away from that?

I am an artist...and even I would never use a mac...they don't have any 3D software to use....and what's up with the one mouse button thing?

and if you ever want to play a game on your mac...forget about it, they don't make any.

there is 20x more software available for PCs...

yes you can run windows from a mac but it is not the same.

the ONLY plus side I see to getting a mac is less spyware/virus....PCs are better in EVERY other way possible.

pcs are not better for anything. There is a shift going on from PC to MAC just you wait and see.

Theyre better than PCs. I was once like you til my PC fried and i got fed up with it so i figured id give a mac a shot and i got an ibook. Ever since then ive been a mac supporter. Every single thing I do on it is far superior to it.

Oh and the one mouse button thing you can just hold control and click to get the "right mouse button" settings.
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #20
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

heres a picture of me running tons of things at the same time. And it doesnt slow down 1 bit like it did on PCs.

dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #21
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeguykid
pcs are not better for anything. There is a shift going on from PC to MAC just you wait and see.
HAHAHAHAHA...

yeah right....like the entire business world of today is suddenly going to switch over to macs.....and macs don't even run the software they use.

nice try...even Steve Jobs knows this will never happen. Macs are for home users only....and a few advertisement companies.

Quote:
Theyre better than PCs. I was once like you til my PC fried and i got fed up with it so i figured id give a mac a shot and i got an ibook. Ever since then ive been a mac supporter. Every single thing I do on it is far superior to it.
please explain what it is exactly that Macs can do better...

I know one thing they are worse at...HAVING SOFTWARE

can you get online and play any games with your mac?...NO, because no one makes games for Macs because the market is so tiny. No one makes decent software in general for macs because of the fact that NO ONE HAS A MAC.
Quote:
Oh and the one mouse button thing you can just hold control and click to get the "right mouse button" settings.
yeah I know you have to hold down control....but when are they gonna get with the times and move on to two buttons and a wheel?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #22
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I agree with primetime. Also, you can build a hell of a PC for the price you want to put down on a mac, #1.

I've heard from people who have macs and they absolutely hate them. They say that certain web pages won't load, and they have all kinds of compatibility problems with software. Not to mention there is very little software available for a Mac.

You can run a half dozen different OS'es under a PC.

And Mac's answer to the software issue? They came out with a Mac that runs Windows.

So where is the advantage really?

If you ask me, Mac's are just for the computer illiterate crowd who can't figure out how to install a video card, or hook up a computer.

There are SOOOO many different ways you can setup a PC, also.

I've ran a PC for the last 20 years, and I've never had anything fail on me ever. I had two nasty viruses, but in both of those cases, it was my fault for running a program I downloaded too quickly, instead of giving the antivirus software a chance to yell at me to delete it.

In both cases, I was able to remove the virus without losing a thing on my computer or damaging anything.

And opening multiple windows? I have a 1200mhz system with 512mg of ram. Archaic by todays standards. And I have run up to 30 tabs in ******* firefox at one time. I constantly have file manager open, maybe Shareaza running in the background. I never have any issues.

And if I choose to run Linux, it runs even smoother. (because we all know Microdaft sucks)

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: