Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mike Bibby target again with Gooden and Jones as Trade bait

Point guard crusade resumes

Mike Bibby target again with Gooden and Jones as potential trade bait

By Brian Windhorst

Beacon Journal sportswriter

Quote:
The Cavaliers' pursuit of a point guard has heated up again.

According to multiple league executives, the Cavs and Sacramento Kings have restarted talks to bring Mike Bibby to Cleveland. The two teams nearly completed a deal shortly before February's trading deadline and have been in discussions again over the past several days.

A version of the deal was close to happening Thursday, sources said, in a three-way move with the San Antonio Spurs.

The Cavs were believed to be after the rights to Argentine center Luis Scola as well, which the Spurs own. When the talks broke down, the Spurs dealt Scola and reserve forward Jackie Butler to the Houston Rockets.

In exchange, the Spurs received point guard Vassilis Spanoulis and a future second-round pick.

There are expectations the Kings and Cavs will continue to have discussions directly and with other teams.

The Kings, looking to add more scoring to their front line, have been interested in Drew Gooden. According to a source, Damon Jones also might have been included in the potential deal.

Bibby, who has two years and $28 million left on his contract, averaged 17.1 points and 4.7 assists for the Kings last season. He has an opt-out clause after this season, in which he will make $13.5 million.

Without salary-cap room and with the market being a little bare for point guards, the Cavs have actively been pursuing trades to pick up a playmaker to help their offensive issues.

In other Cavs news, there has been no movement in talks with free-agent forward Anderson Varejao.

Varejao's representatives, who left the Las Vegas Summer League without a deal Thursday, and the Cavs are believed to be millions apart. The Cavs have said re-signing Varejao is an offseason priority.

The Cavs summer league team lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 100-76 Thursday to fall to 2-2.

Dwayne Jones led the team with 15 points, Shannon Brown added 13.

Source: www.insidehoops.com

Do it Mr. Danny Ferry and the Sacramento Kings are giving us an early Christmas Present.

The reason i want a legit PG in our team is to make sure that the pressure of being the no.1 playmaker would be taken away from Lebron James. Now he can concentrate more in scoring from the inside and i expect him to improve his jumpshoot next season.

Lebron James could possibly score more points than his current PPG Production. During crunch time Mike Bibby can help him to provide veteran Killer extinct.

We just signed Darius Rice or maybe sign Chris Webber to an MLE as a replacement of Drew Gooden. I know losing Drew Gooden would be a huge deal for our team but right know we can actually use Dwayne Jones as a Gooden replacement and give him enough playing time.

Now that the teams 1st option is to sign Anderson Varejao after the Grizzlies sign Darko Millic.

I think signing Mike Bibby would be worth it because the lack of a true PG kill the Cavs in the NBA Finals.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 07-13-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mike Bibby target again with Gooden and Jones as Trade bait

Webber already said he may retire if he does not return to the Pistons.

would Rice be effective?

the general rule is do not give up a big man for a small man, but would Bibby really be worth it? he could opt out next season. also minus Gooden (though not the brightest of players still puts up a double doube any given night) the Cavalier's frontline may not as good as even the nets now...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would the Kings trade Bibby for Jones and Gooden?
They already have Thomas and Rahim at PF, and who would be their starting PG?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Point guard crusade resumes

Mike Bibby target again with Gooden and Jones as potential trade bait

By Brian Windhorst

Beacon Journal sportswriter

Source: www.insidehoops.com

Do it Mr. Danny Ferry and the Sacramento Kings are giving us an early Christmas Present.

The reason i want a legit PG in our team is to make sure that the pressure of being the no.1 playmaker would be taken away from Lebron James. Now he can concentrate more in scoring from the inside and i expect him to improve his jumpshoot next season.

Lebron James could possibly score more points than his current PPG Production. During crunch time Mike Bibby can help him to provide veteran Killer extinct.

We just signed Darius Rice or maybe sign Chris Webber to an MLE as a replacement of Drew Gooden. I know losing Drew Gooden would be a huge deal for our team but right know we can actually use Dwayne Jones and give him enough playing time.

Now that the teams 1st option is to sign Anderson Varejao after the Grizzlies sign Darko Millic.

I think signing Mike Bibby would be worth it because the lack of a true PG kill the Cavs in the NBA Finals.

Ugh. There are so many things wrong with this post, including the article you linked to.

First off, Mike Bibby sounds great, but everything I've heard is he wants some outrageous amount of money. The Cavs are already laden down with a bunch of unproducing contracts that have put us way over the cap to where we can't be competitive and sign anyone worthwhile. If we can give up some trash like Gooden and Jones to get him, fine, but what is it going to take to keep him, is my question?

Varejo and the Cavs are millions apart? Varejo is a talentless piece of trash. He is not worth the amount of money I'm hearing. We need to do a sign and trade with someone, or else let him walk or hold out.

Darius Rice or Webber as a replacement? What a joke.

Webber was horrible in the Conference finals, showing absolutely no effort whatsoever. For a player who finally got a chance to not only play with a contender, but for his local hometown team.... What an embarassment. And his knees are clearly gone. He isn't worth wasting our MLE on.

Darius Rice? I think the kid has some potential, but he is no replacement for even Varejo, let alone Gooden. He is a SF at best. The guy weighs 215lbs soaking wet.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gooden and Jones arent bait. They are what you demand the other team also take when you offer them someone they want. Not to say they are bad players. They just arent bait.

Of course in a league where Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis get you Baron Davis and Eric and Aaron Williams get you Vince Carter.....maybe thats enough.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I hope some sort of deal goes down. I want Gooden on the Kings and I just want a trade. If we could get Cleveland's expiring contracts+a 3rd team in the deal to give expiring contracts I'd like that. I think Gooden would be pretty good on the Kings.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

you guys can rest assured that Damond Jones WILL NOT!! be coming to the kings!

Petrie doesnt want him at all ...but with blake being off the market i could very well see him softening his stance on Jones

hopefully we make a run at Brevin Knight if Jones is not apart of the deal anymore
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I hope some sort of deal goes down. I want Gooden on the Kings and I just want a trade. If we could get Cleveland's expiring contracts+a 3rd team in the deal to give expiring contracts I'd like that. I think Gooden would be pretty good on the Kings.

Bibby trade talks rise up
The Kings once again have discussed sending the guard to Cleveland, a league source says.

By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer

Published 12:00 am PDT Friday, July 13, 2007
LAS VEGAS -- The Mike Bibby trade talks between the Kings and Cleveland Cavaliers have resurfaced, according to a league source.

Although the discussions between Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie and Cavs general manager Danny Ferry have temporarily stalled -- all indications are they will continue -- a three-team deal appears to have come close to taking place. Though all of the terms of the deal are not known, the source said Bibby would have gone to the Cavaliers for forward Drew Gooden, while San Antonio center Jackie Butler also would have been sent to the Kings.

When the deal stalled, the Spurs -- according to numerous reports -- eventually agreed to send Butler and Argentine forward Luis Scola to the Houston Rockets for guard Vassilis Spanoulis, a future second-round pick and cash considerations. The Kings-Cavs deal, however, remains a focal point for both teams.

It has been five months since the Kings came so close to trading Bibby to the Cavaliers, with discussions taking place up to the Feb. 22 trading deadline.

Gooden, 25, was long believed to be the centerpiece of the package coming the Kings' way, but his $6.4 million salary for the 2007-08 season is far from enough to make the deal work for Bibby, who will earn $13.5 million this season. Bibby has a player option for the 2008-09 season, but he would be paid $14.5 million if he finishes out his contract. Gooden's deal expires after the 2008-09 season, in which he will be paid $7.1 million.

Asked about the three-team talk and the prospect of Bibby going to Cleveland, Petrie declined to discuss any specifics.

"We're always open to listening to other teams," he said. "That's how, ultimately, things get done. But as far as discussing the specifics of anything like that, we're just really not prepared to talk about those type of specifics until we consummate something and then we'll be more than happy to talk about it."

Ironically, Gooden -- whose Cavs fell to San Antonio in the NBA Finals -- entered UNLV's Cox Pavilion gym with an associate of Kings co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof before Sacramento's summer-league game against New York. At halftime, the Maloofs and team president John Thomas merrily chatted with Gooden in the corner of the gym. The Kings lost the game 96-84.

The 6-foot-10, 250-pound Gooden is entering his sixth NBA season. He instantly would aid the Kings' woeful rebounding efforts, as he has averaged 7.9 rebounds during his career and is known for his strong efforts on the offensive glass. He also has a career average of 12.1 points.

Gooden's arrival also would produce an even greater glutton of power forwards on the Kings' roster, with Kenny Thomas and Shareef Abdur-Rahim already unhappy splitting time and big man Justin Williams having recently signed a one-year deal with a team option for a second season.

"Whatever happens, happens," said Gooden, who played prep basketball at El Cerrito High School. "I've been hearing talk for six years."

Just as Petrie seemed to have cooled on the notion of trading Ron Artest, it appears moving Bibby is at the top of the priority list. And although the Cavs' Finals appearance seemed to limit the odds of Ferry retaining interest in Bibby, the GM appears motivated to add another piece in an attempt to remain atop the Eastern Conference. The emergence of rookie guard Daniel Gibson during the playoffs seemed to dispel the notion that Bibby would be coveted by Cleveland, but after being swept in the Finals, the Cavs were left knowing they need more.

Bibby, who turned 29 in May, is coming off a season in which he shot a career-low 40.4 percent from the field and averaged 17.1 points. A hand and thumb injury suffered during the exhibition season, though, contributed to a slow start, and it lingered throughout much of the season.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/v-print/story/270946.html
Old 07-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
nottheone
I hit open layups

nottheone has an OK reputation so far

i dont care how much bibby has "fallen off." when he's not hurt, he's still a legit scorer. he's not what he used to be, but he's still worth a hell of a lot more than a mediocre big like gooden and a complete scrub in jones.
nottheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheone
i dont care how much bibby has "fallen off." when he's not hurt, he's still a legit scorer. he's not what he used to be, but he's still worth a hell of a lot more than a mediocre big like gooden and a complete scrub in jones.

MIke Bibby wants to play with a legit contender in the Eastern Conference i do not blame him if he was traded to the Cavaliers.

He will probably become my 2nd favorite NBA player and it is a very nice addition to this team that really need a passed first PG in our current $hitty lineup.

Beside playing with the Sacramento Kings this Season will just waste his prime that he should spend in a worthy team like playing in the Eastern Conference.

Imagine Lebron James and Mike Bibby playing in the same team that would be as sweet as Sugar.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
nottheone
I hit open layups

mike bibby hasn't been a past-first guard in years. who are you thinking of?

as for wanting to play on a contender and "wasting his prime," those aren't good reasons for the kings to trade him for scrubs.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Bibby isn't really a playmaker, but I guess 4.7 assists is OK, but I think it's stupid to trade Gooden, he's a pretty good rebounder, and by what someone else said earlier in the thread, his contract is cheap.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheone
mike bibby hasn't been a past-first guard in years. who are you thinking of?

as for wanting to play on a contender and "wasting his prime," those aren't good reasons for the kings to trade him for scrubs.

He is still better than Eric " Phucking" Snow who is a good defender but a mediocre PG. Beside Daniel Gibson is good coming off the bench he will certainly play the role of a Vinnie Johnson in this team.

INSTANT OFFENSE OFF THE BENCH= DANIEL GIBSON
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #14
nottheone
I hit open layups

of course hes better than snow, hes just not a pass-first pg.

and if you're the cavs and you can get a legit second option for haircut and jones, you dont think twice. the kings get fawking hosed in this deal.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Bibby can put up 17 a night while injured

and this also takes pressure off of hughes because now he isnt looked at as the 2nd scorer now so he may be able to prosper

gooden,abdur rahim,thomas,williams,hawes,miller makes no fhucking sense

kings will become the worst draw in the NBA if they make the deal
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: