Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Default Derrick Rose names leaders, Peach Jam news, etc

Well, Derrick Rose's leaders finally came out of Derrick Rose's mouth, and surprise surprise......

Memphis and Illinois.

Also mentions Virginia, North Carolina, Arizona and Kansas.

I know, I'm as shocked as you are. Well, I guess there was a little less mystery to that one than people thought.

Peach Jam: Day One

Quote:
What happens when the No. 3 and No. 6 players in the country combine in the backcourt? That's easy. You get a team that puts up a pair of victories on the first day of the Peach Jam. This is arguably the best event in America and this year is no different - especially with a 16-year-old bracket added to the fray.

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. – We got a first-hand look at arguably the best backcourt in the country tonight and also watched as a member of Team Florida (and it’s not Nick Calathes) is making major strides in his game.
Days after sitting out the Reebok ABCD Camp, Derrick Rose returned to the court on Wednesday at the Peach Jam.

The Chicago Simeon High (Ill.) 6-foot-3 guard scored 13 points and dished out six assists in a morning victory against the Alabama Lasers and then went for 17 points and six more assists in a night win over Team Texas.

Rose was forced to sit out the highly anticipated matchup against O.J. Mayo last Friday due to a left ankle sprain.

``It was tough for me to sit out,” Rose said. “That would have given me more publicity.”

Although it was Rose’s Meanstreets Express team, it was actually Rose who deferred to newcomer Eric Gordon in the first two games – especially in the nightcap when Rose didn’t even attempt a shot for the first eight minutes.

Rose was hardly dominating, but he picked his spots and set up his teammates.

``Sometimes I agree with me not being selfish enough, but I think my game has changed and I’ve gotten a little more confidence.”

Rose said he doesn’t understand why he’s become a guy that people love to hate in Chicago.

``We’re the team to hate,” Rose said. “Every team I’ve been on.”

It’s not as if Rose is a bad kid. In fact, he’s soft-spoken. However, he rarely does interviews and rarely, if ever, talks to college coaches so he’s become someone that people speculate about.

``My brother talks to them all,” Rose said of his dealings with college coaches. “I haven’t talked to any college coaches in a while. Not one.”

``That’s the way I like it,” he added. “Other players tell me that coaches call them all night. I don’t want to deal with that.” That’s also the case with his recruitment – as Rose and his brother, Reggie, try to keep that low-key as well.

Rose admitted that Memphis and Illinois are his leaders at this point, but he also mentioned Virginia, North Carolina, Arizona and Kansas.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: