Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #16
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Bulls Sign Joe Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Not a bad signing, he's a good scorer who can help them out in the 4.

Yeah this gives them that low post scoring...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #17
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

Joe Smith definately favors facing the basket, like Camby. Not really a traditional low-post scorer. He has a really pretty shot for someone 6'10''.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #18
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
joe smith is not a good player the bulls made a mistake not drafting lamarcus aldridge he is better then tyrus thomas .
thomas averaged 16 points 9 rebounds 5 blocks with 23 minutes average play time compared to alderage 21 points 12 rebounds in 33 minutes.

I would say that thomas if given the minutes would put up better numbers than alderage i also think 1 on 1 thomas would win because he can block.

only reason alderage gets the numbers is because he is the main attraction on his team thomas is bench material the coaching staff is in love with veterans

Last edited by eeeeeebro : 07-14-2007 at 01:37 PM.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #19
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Joe Smith..........someone who has failed to meet high expectations after being the top pick in the 95 draft, but has carved out a long and solid career.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd have thought Chicago would have pursued McDyess hard before Smith.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #21
frank2514
I airball my layups

frank2514 has an OK reputation so far
Post Re: Bulls Sign Joe Smith

He would help a little but not much.
frank2514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #22
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

the 2 year deal is perfect! it will provide enough time for TT and Noah to develop and reach their full potential. The future is looking brither and sunnier
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:46 PM   #23
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Joe Smith could be the one getting benched, while TT is starting.

Thats what would be considered conventional wisdom, but I have some worries regarding Thomas in the starting lineup.

A front court of Tyrus Thomas and Ben Wallace is really undersized, and at this point in TT's NBA career, pretty offensively challenged.

Combine that with a starting backcourt of Hinrich and Gordon, you have a very small starting five.

Even though they are in the East, it is gonna be tough competing down low against teams that have some legit size
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #24
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
thomas averaged 16 points 9 rebounds 5 blocks with 23 minutes average play time compared to alderage 21 points 12 rebounds in 33 minutes.

I would say that thomas if given the minutes would put up better numbers than alderage i also think 1 on 1 thomas would win because he can block.

only reason alderage gets the numbers is because he is the main attraction on his team thomas is bench material the coaching staff is in love with veterans

Did you watch Lamarcus play during the summer league? He was hitting shots from everywhere, not just in the paint. I didn't watch Thomas play in the summerleague, but from what i've seen from him during the season, all he can do is dunk on the offensive end.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #25
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro

someone sure doesn't play basketball

so becaues TT is 2" shorter with arms that are at least 6" shorter, somehow his blocking ability will determine the outcome of a one-on-one game?

all i see is Aldrige bringing him down to the block and tossing up baby-hooks over Thomas all day long

edit: oh, and how would Thomas score on Aldridge? surely not with that ugggly looking jump shot of his
Old 07-15-2007, 12:12 AM   #26
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
And then maybe they could go after Rasheed Wallace when his contract is up, too.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Well Smith isn't much of a scorer in the post, but he will bring more veteran experience to the team. He will probably split playing time with Tyrus.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #28
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

If McDyess were a free agent this summer, meaning he opted out of the final year of his contract with Detroit, he would have been the obvious target for the bulls.

I remember there being a lot of discussion amongst ESPN analysts and members of this board regarding McDyess' opt-out clause and where he would want to end up, most prominatly being Chicago.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #29
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

McDyess didn't opt out?

When did I make that up in my brain?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #30
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
McDyess didn't opt out?

When did I make that up in my brain?

thats a good questoin.... unless i'm incredibly mistaken

no offense but i expected more from such a well-respected veteran poster like yourself

Last edited by BankShot : 07-15-2007 at 12:31 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: