Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bulls sign Joe Smith

Is this good for Da Bullz???
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bulls sign Joe Smith

I think ir was a good move. Now time will tell if the Bulls will take that next step for the NBA Title. The East is up for grabs. Bulls NBA Champs 2008? Only God Knows!

PG-Hinrich
SG-Gordon
SF-Deng
PF-Smith
C-Wallace
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I think ir was a good move. Now time will tell if the Bulls will take that next step for the NBA Title. The East is up for grabs. Bulls NBA Champs 2008? Only God Knows!

PG-Hinrich
SG-Gordon
SF-Deng
PF-Smith
C-Wallace

That line-up is missing something.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Bulls sign Joe Smith

I was real happy when I saw this on ESPN. I don't know if he will help more than PJ Brown or not, but this cannot be a bad thing.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Gordon, Sefalosha, Curry
SF: Deng, Nocioni, Khryapa
PF: Smith, TT, Noah
C: Wallace, Gray

That's 13 players...we can have 3 inactive players, right? So Khryapa and two players from the summer league roster. Maybe Lance Williams and Thomas Gardner? They have been playing pretty well so far. Put them on the NBDL team and maybe they will be able to contribute later on. Any thoughts?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
BULLS4EVER
I airball my layups

BULLS4EVER has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
That's 13 players...we can have 3 inactive players, right? So Khryapa and two players from the summer league roster. Maybe Lance Williams and Thomas Gardner? They have been playing pretty well so far. Put them on the NBDL team and maybe they will be able to contribute later on. Any thoughts?

Griffin is under contract for another season so we have to add only 1 player, i hope this player is lance williams!!!
BULLS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Good signing since the Bulls get a player that's much younger and more productive than P.J. For the last roster spot I would really like to see a big 2 gaurd who can score, if not Lance I guess would be fine.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

The Bulls outdid themselves yet again.. in a BAD way. They signed ANOTHER role player (defender, rebounder) in the frontcourt. Woohoo veteran leadership.. we have Big Ben and Adrian Griffin for that. WE NEED POINTS IN THE PAINT, JESUS!!!!!! HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND, CHICAGO?!?!?!
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:26 PM   #8
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Good move by Paxson. Smith is very talented and with Tyrus playing against him in practise all season he'll learn a lot. Smith can score ten to fifteen a game for us and he won't need the ball to do it. This deal allows Thomas to continue to grow into the power forward for the next decade.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
The Bulls outdid themselves yet again.. in a BAD way. They signed ANOTHER role player (defender, rebounder) in the frontcourt. Woohoo veteran leadership.. we have Big Ben and Adrian Griffin for that. WE NEED POINTS IN THE PAINT, JESUS!!!!!! HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND, CHICAGO?!?!?!

Joe Smith CAN score. When he gets consistent minutes, he scores in double figures, and also is a good free throw shooter, which is something the Bulls desperately lack. He is only 32, but already has 13 years of experience in the NBA. Doesn't block many shots, but doesn't turn the ball over either. I think he is exactly what we need, and you can never have too many veteran contributors on a team with a core like the Bulls.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #10
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1

What other available free agent would be better in your oppinion? If anything you should be happy that the Bulls got a more reliable veteran for a good price who is younger and more serviceable to the team than Brown and a few others are. P.J., Sweetney, and Allen will most likely all be gone so the Bulls will have a more affective front court than in the past. Good move, this years frontcourt will definatley be an upgrade compared to last year. Last year, P.J. Brown, Thomas, Sweetney, Allen, Wallace, Andriuskevicius vs. this year Smith, Thomas, Noah, Wallace, Gray.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
deiv
Can barely lace up my sneakers

deiv has an OK reputation so far

a good addition in my opinion!
T's GO BULLS!
deiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Joe Smith CAN score. When he gets consistent minutes, he scores in double figures, and also is a good free throw shooter, which is something the Bulls desperately lack. He is only 32, but already has 13 years of experience in the NBA. Doesn't block many shots, but doesn't turn the ball over either. I think he is exactly what we need, and you can never have too many veteran contributors on a team with a core like the Bulls.

exactly.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

OK, now that he will be starting at PF, and Thomas will be the backup, did we just make our first round pick a third stringer? I just dont see Noah playing center in the NBA. Hes just too small. He'll get thrown around like a rag doll. This was a deep draft. And we wasted our #1 for a third string.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #14
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Third string big men on the Bulls get second string playing time. Maybe if they didn't commit so many fouls things would be different, but considering Noah would have been the #1 pick last year, we got good value for the pick, and we can still package him if needed. Not many teams have better third string forwards than Noah, and in two years when Joe Smith is gone and Tyrus is starting, he will be a more than capable backup.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #15
nbafreak
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nbafreak has an OK reputation so far

I have to disagree. I think Noah will play at the center position. Yes He is undersized, but he has the height and I think his body will fill out. There are very few true centers in the eastern conference anyway. He will be able to fill the backup roll. What backup center in the east is going to push him around? His hustle will make up for what he lacks in muscle. Hopefully big Ben will take him in the weight room this summer and show him how things should be done.
nbafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: