Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-14-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Exclamation Why do people on this board hate the Knicks?

I know its not because of Knick fans here as posters because there arent any homerism going on but they have to defend the team against attackers...

As flawed as the Knicks are and yes they have the highest payroll I dont see whats the point? Why do people care so much?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
Who'sKobe
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Why do people on this board hate the Knicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I know its not because of Knick fans here as posters because there arent any homerism going on but they have to defend the team against attackers...

As flawed as the Knicks are and yes they have the highest payroll I dont see whats the point? Why do people care so much?

I dont even visit here often so cant say..but, there's a general dislike for the Knicks that I've noticed. And I'm not even entirely aware of the reason..
Who'sKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

I think people seriously hate the Knicks on this board because the Knicks organization is simply stupid.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

I don't hink it's so much The Knicks as it is the individuals. People don't hate the Knicks, they hate Zeke, Marbury, Francis, Curry....
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

because the knicks hate us.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

becuase they fear the lottery.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Marbury on Kidd:

"I mean, he's a great guard, but how can I compare him to me when I already know I'm the best point guard in the NBA? that just doesn't make sense. if you're already the best, why would you want to compare yourself to anyone else?"
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Marbury on Kidd:

"I mean, he's a great guard, but how can I compare him to me when I already know I'm the best point guard in the NBA? that just doesn't make sense. if you're already the best, why would you want to compare yourself to anyone else?"
Taken completely out of context and you know it.

People hate the Knicks cause they enjoy hating anything New York City related. That's why even though the Yankees are only 1 game under .500 with almost 80 games left on the season people are saying they are done.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Taken completely out of context and you know it.

People hate the Knicks cause they enjoy hating anything New York City related. That's why even though the Yankees are only 1 game under .500 with almost 80 games left on the season people are saying they are done.

it was not taken out of context. Marbury said he was better than Kidd when the Knicks went 16-13 while Kidd was out with microfracture and the Nets were mired in a miserable record.

fortunately, the Knicks bottomed out and Marbury retracted that statement later.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
Da KO King

Quote:
it was not taken out of context. Marbury said he was better than Kidd when the Knicks went 16-13 while Kidd was out with microfracture and the Nets were mired in a miserable record.

fortunately, the Knicks bottomed out and Marbury retracted that statement later.
Why do people continue to blatantly ignore the second half of that comment?

After saying he was the "best PG" Marbury said he has to believe that to be successful. He said if you don't believe that you are the best you won't be.

I don't remember the quote line for line but he essentially said NBA players are like sharks and any doubt that you are the best player on the floor is blood in the water.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Why do people continue to blatantly ignore the second half of that comment?

After saying he was the "best PG" Marbury said he has to believe that to be successful. He said if you don't believe that you are the best you won't be.

I don't remember the quote line for line but he essentially said NBA players are like sharks and any doubt that you are the best player on the floor is blood in the water.

no, Marbury's comments were highly inflammatory because it sounded very simply like a boast.

most NBA players are smart enough to veil their comments or not say anything at all.

did Jordan ever actively go out and say he was the best player of all time? maybe behind the scenes he was a cocky and arrogant. but he usually let his play and team success speak for itself.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
Da KO King

Quote:
no, Marbury's comments were highly inflammatory because it sounded very simply like a boast.

most NBA players are smart enough to veil their comments or not say anything at all.

did Jordan ever actively go out and say he was the best player of all time? maybe behind the scenes he was a cocky and arrogant. but he usually let his play and team success speak for itself.
Again you are completely ignoring the main point of his comments. You are basically doing the same thing the media did.

You are taking the part of the comment that makes a good story and circle filing the rest.

I'm the best point guard in the NBA. I have to think that to succeed. Players in this league are far too good to step on the court with anything other than complete confidence in yourself.

All you read was the first sentence.

Side Note: Why did I not hear any backlash over that jackass Shaq O'Neal calling himself MDE?

Last edited by Da KO King : 07-14-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Again you are completely ignoring the main point of his comments. You are basically doing the same thing the media did.

You are taking the part of the comment that makes a good story and circle filing the rest.

I'm the best point guard in the NBA. I have to think that to succeed. Players in this league are far too good to step on the court with anything other than complete confidence in yourself.

All you read was the first sentence.

oh save me the self righteous attitude about the semantics.

if Marbury did not say that first sentence but somehow constructively (intelligently) rearrange his words, then his ideas could have been conveyed more effectively and no one would hate him on this level.

Life is about perceptions, not intentions. How one work this to his/her advantage deems how successful he or she is. Marbury is not one of them

and Shaq did have some backlash. people call him fat and lazy. but he has rings and he truly is very dominant. a case could be made for Dream, Wilt, or Abdul Jabbar, but those guys were retired at the time. Marbs was playing on a bad team in a bad division when Jason Kidd and Steve Nash were around at the same time
Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

Because of 95% of their fans on ISH.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #15
Da KO King

How is it semantics when you are blatantly ignoring the real point of the comment?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: