Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do people on this board hate the Knicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
How is it semantics when you are blatantly ignoring the real point of the comment?

okay Da KO King, Marbury was benignly saying he just wanted to try his best to be the best point guard and that he is merely a victim of a character assassination. when he said "im the best point guard in the NBA" he really meant to say "I am just trying to be the best point guard in the NBA"

so this is all just one big misunderstanding because one loyal Knicks fan just can't stand to see any vitriol directed to his team captain.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
okay Da KO King, Marbury was benignly saying he just wanted to try his best to be the best point guard and that he is merely a victim of a character assassination. when he said "im the best point guard in the NBA" he really meant to say "I am just trying to be the best point guard in the NBA"

so this is all just one big misunderstanding because one loyal Knicks fan just can't stand to see any vitriol directed to his team captain.
Has nothing to do with Marbury being a Knick. I defend pretty much anyone I think is getting unfairly dogpiled with negativity. I've done it for Shawn Marion, Kobe Bryant, and a few others in the past.

It has to do with having enough sense to pay attention to the entire comment and not base an opinion on the first sentence alone.

I think I'm the best point guard in the NBA. I need to in order to succeed. These guys are too good to approach it any other way.

How does that reads as someone disrespecting other players and being an ego-maniac (not saying you are implying that but it has been said about Marbury in the past)?

Last edited by Da KO King : 07-14-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Da KO King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #18
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

because you have to watch not one but two fat ass slob playing in the court
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #19
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Zeke : : :
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Has nothing to do with Marbury being a Knick. I defend pretty much anyone I think is getting unfairly dogpiled with negativity. I've done it for Shawn Marion, Kobe Bryant, and a few others in the past.

It has to do with having enough sense to pay attention to the entire comment and not base an opinion on the first sentence alone.

I think I'm the best point guard in the NBA. I need to in order to succeed. These guys are too good to approach it any other way.

How does that reads as someone disrespecting other players and being an ego-maniac (not saying you are implying that but it has been said about Marbury in the past)?

if it's not arrogant, then Marbury simply should have worded it differently because it really sounds like a boast, especially the arrogant way he talks (not intentional. just the standard drawl from the urban areas)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I know its not because of Knick fans here as posters because there arent any homerism going on but they have to defend the team against attackers...

As flawed as the Knicks are and yes they have the highest payroll I dont see whats the point? Why do people care so much?

why i hate the knicks:

1. their fans on this board... you may not see any homerism today, but you haven't been around long enough.

2. it's NY. they think they're the biggest and best at everything, everyone loves proving them wrong.

3. the players on the team... instead of listing the players i dislike on the knicks, it will be much quicker to list the players i do like: balkman, lee, collins, fred jones... thats it.

4. the payroll. believe it or not, many people don't respect the idea of throwing money at problems. and if that IS the way you go about doing business... atleast do it right. mavs had one of the highest payrolls in the league for a number of years, paying a lot of luxury tax $$$... but atleast they were a good team that was in the playoffs.

5. peter griffin said so

"Yankees suck, Knicks suck, Mets suck."
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

if the knicks tanked just one of the last 5 years they would be alot better off today.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #23
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
1. their fans on this board... you may not see any homerism today, but you haven't been around long enough.

2. it's NY. they think they're the biggest and best at everything, everyone loves proving them wrong.

4. the payroll. believe it or not, many people don't respect the idea of throwing money at problems. and if that IS the way you go about doing business... atleast do it right. mavs had one of the highest payrolls in the league for a number of years, paying a lot of luxury tax $$$... but atleast they were a good team that was in the playoffs.

That's pretty much it for me, only I actually love making jokes with (4) and switch (3) for

"Every trade rumor has to include the Knicks, mostly the delusional ones. It's almost like NYK fans actually believe the NBA spins around them, which obviously gets me tired of hearing about them"

Personally I don't hate the Knicks, but I sure get tired of hearing of them.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #24
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I know its not because of Knick fans here as posters because there arent any homerism going on but they have to defend the team against attackers...

As flawed as the Knicks are and yes they have the highest payroll I dont see whats the point? Why do people care so much?

Im A Celtic Fan @ "Why do people on this board hate the Knicks?"
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

I actually like the Knicks, but they are so inconsistent...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I hate everyone.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #27
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I like the Knicks, and hope they get back to respectability. But again, the stupid moves they make, makes it hard to take them seriously and makes it easy to talk sh*t about them.

I like all of their players, even like Isiah. I find no reason to hate Marbury because he's losing his mind. But they need to get it together.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #28
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

because if the knicks ever got good we would be flooded with BIG APPLE population of knick lovers and life as a basketball fan would be ran by knickerbockers
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #29
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Seriously how can anybody hate the Knicks? they should love them to death if i were you.

1. they have the most deadliest weapon on the low post - Eddy Curry
2. One of the best PG of all-time, only player with career average of 20/8, besides Oscar Robertson.
3. They just acquired Randolph which would be a nightmare for most eastern teams.
4. Zeke is just a genius drafting and he improved the team going from 23 to 33 once he took over the coaching duty.
5. Their payroll is horrendous, and each team got richer i think 1.9 million coz the knicks were 40+million over tux tax. So instead of hating the knicks ya should be gratefull your team is 1.9 million richer thanks to the Knicks
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #30
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Let em Hate, We'll see this year.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: