I don't think anyone has done this yet, but I started it last year and it got a lot of buzz. So here we go.. I'm gonna leave Oden and Durant out of this list, because they are givens and will both be megastars.
1. Yi Jianlian - Where will he play? Will the Milwaukee fans accept him? I'm not sold that he is gonna be a solid NBA player, but it will be exciting to watch.
2. Al Horford - Everyone knows he is gonna be good, but I think he will be great.
3. Mike Conley - Is he worthy of being picked at the same position as CP3 was? Can he lead a team right now?
4. Wilson Chandler - I don't know much about this kid, but it's always fun to see if Isaiah made the right decision.
5. Glen Davis - Most Boston fans love this pick. We will see if he can keep his weight down and score points in the NBA. Let's hope he doesn't compare to Oliver Miller.
1. Yi Jianlian. He's big and athletic. I want to see how the Bucks use him and how others defend him.
2. Marco Belinelli. Is he going to be as great a shooter as everyone says? How is the rest of his game?
3. Sean Williams. I don't know if he'll be able to stay out of trouble. I wonder if he'll follow in the same path as the likes of Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson of the NFL. Old habits die hard. I like him as a player but how long will he be able to stay on the court and out of trouble?
4. Deaquan Cook. I don't know if he's worth the 20th pick.
5. Derrick Byars. He was projected at 20-30. I really like him. I think the sixers got a big steal at 42.
1) Durant (how he takes over the scoring load)
2) Mike Colony Jr (the Hawks are gonna regret not drafting him)
3) DJ Strawberry (he plays for phoenix!)
4) Noah (prove ****** wrong! he's not a bust)
5) Oden (will he live up to expectations?)
1. Yi Jianlian-I think it will be hard to live up the expectations. I didn't realize how much he was being hyped until the draft brodcast. I am more excited to see him than I am Oden and Durant.
2. Rodney Stuckey-I was never that high on him. Late 1st round would be where I would have taken him. Detroit took a big risk to me. I actually think Afflalo will be the better player, but because of where they took them in the draft I think Stuckey gets more time. With their age inside, I am surprised they didn't grab Jason Smith and Tiago Splitter.
3. Brandan Wright-I made it known that I thought he was 1C in this draft. If Oden and Durant are LeBron and Wade, then Wright is Bosh. I will be interested to see if he lives up my expectations, and I do think GS will be a pretty good place for him to start his career.
4. Sean Williams-I have seen him almost as much as anyone in the draft, and I love him as a player. Of course the off the court issues are the biggest thing. If he plays like he is can, then I think he make New Jersey a threat in the East.
5. Nick Fazekas-This is another personal pick. I said he should have been on the lottery bubble, but we will see. I'm not crazy about Dallas picking him, but he could be a scorer off the bench right away. He will help in the playoffs. I think it will be hard for him to become the 14 and 8 guy I thought he would be in Dallas, though.
I know you said not to include Durant and Oden, but anyway...
1. Durant... I really want to see how this guy pans out. The only Freshman to ever win all the big college awards.
2. Yi... I guess I want to see how he turns out 'cause he's a Chinese dude. One thing I noticed during the draft period, though, was that they always showed the same clip of him coming up the baseline to dunk it. It's usually not a good sign if they keep showing the same clip of someone over and over.
4. Brandan Wright... I'm a UNC guy
5. Oleksiy Pecherov... he was drafted last year by the Wizards from the Ukraine.