Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Hey Jordan guys, I'm interested in Jordan's playoff and finals stats

I've read somewhere he had like 40 ppg playoffs but I'm not sure so could someone list his stats from the playoffs and finals?

Not to trouble you, could you only list playoff and finals stats from the years when he won rings? Thanks.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Hey Jordan guys, I'm interested in Jordan's playoff and finals stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
I've read somewhere he had like 40 ppg playoffs but I'm not sure so could someone list his stats from the playoffs and finals?

Not to trouble you, could you only list playoff and finals stats from the years when he won rings? Thanks.
just go to basketball-reference.com and look at his player profile to see his full playoff stats. his finals stats will be harder to find i guess. i think in 91 he averaged 33pts and 11assists against LA. in 93 he averaged 41 or 42pts and 7 or 8 brds against the suns (finals record pt/game average). even at 35 or 36 yrs old in 98, i'm pretty sure he put up 38pts per game or so against utah. "only" 27 or so against the sonics in 96. not sure about the other series against utah or the one against the blazers. he set the finals (possibly playoffs actually) single half record for pts and 3s made in the 1st half of game one of the 92 finals.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Hey Jordan guys, I'm interested in Jordan's playoff and finals stats

His Best NBA Finals: 1993

His Worst NBA Finals: 1996

But he was NBA FInals MVP in both. GOAT
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
just go to basketball-reference.com and look at his player profile to see his full playoff stats. his finals stats will be harder to find i guess. i think in 91 he averaged 33pts and 11assists against LA. in 93 he averaged 41 or 42pts and 7 or 8 brds against the suns (finals record pt/game average). even at 35 or 36 yrs old in 98, i'm pretty sure he put up 38pts per game or so against utah. "only" 27 or so against the sonics in 96. not sure about the other series against utah or the one against the blazers. he set the finals (possibly playoffs actually) single half record for pts and 3s made in the 1st half of game one of the 92 finals.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #5
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

It's incredible that he averaged almost 40 ppg at the age of 34-35.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It's incredible that he averaged almost 40 ppg at the age of 34-35.

He was actually 30 yrs old.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
You say only as if it is bad but 99% of today's NBA couldn't even average that in their dreams. This is one reason(amoung many) that why Jordan is the GOAT.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
He was actually 30 yrs old.
he's referring to the 38 pts he averaged against utah in 98 (i THINK i'm right about that).
Old 07-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #9
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
You say only as if it is bad but 99% of today's NBA couldn't even average that in their dreams. This is one reason(amoung many) that why Jordan is the GOAT.

that's why he put "only" in quotes...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #10
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Here you can find all the accolades, greatest moments, championships run, copmarison to those wannabes, etc

Finals stats:
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_finals.htm

Playoff stats:
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_playoffs.htm

beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #11
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

wow, MJ only shot 43% his last two finals. Still scored 30+ points though.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
Here you can find all the accolades, greatest moments, championships run, copmarison to those wannabes, etc

Finals stats:
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_finals.htm

Playoff stats:
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_playoffs.htm

thank you, sir. i was wrong about his average in 98. it's 33.5 not 38. his finals stats are insane. his career average in the finals is 34pts at 50% shooting (.375 from 3 and 80 from the line).
Old 07-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

43/8/6 on 50%. Amazing.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #14
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Jordan's Finals numbers from the first three-peat:

1991: 31.2 pts, 6.6 reb, 11.4 ast, 2.8 stl, 1.4 blk (56% FG)

1992: 35.8 pts, 4.8 reb, 6.5 ast, 2 stl (52.6% FG)

1993: 41.0 pts, 8.5 reb, 6.4 ast, 1.8 stl (51% FG)

Even in '97, at age 34, he had a great Finals:

32/7/6/47% with many historic plays/performances, including two game-winning shots, the entire "Flu Game," and the game-winning assist in game 7. All in one series.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #15
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

How the hell did MJ shoot 67% from the field in ther 1991 Finals? It's mind-boggling.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: