Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-15-2006, 02:27 AM   #16
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Speaking of playing our young ones...

Here's the box score for the first jazz game at the Rocky Mountain Revue...

http://www.nba.com/media/jazz/06game3.pdf

Deron Williams and CJ Miles played as expected - very nice. But the real story is our rookies! Ronnie Brewer - 4 for 5 (!) (he CAN shoot!) for 11 points, 4 rebs, and 3 assists. The recap says he got a steal, even if it doesn't say in box score. Dee Brown - 12 points, 2 assists, and 3 of 5 from beyond the arc!! What i really liked tho, is PAUL MILSAPP - 11 points, 2 steals, and 8 rebounds (most on the team) and the MAJORITY were offensive rebounds! I think we've found our own landlord!
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

How about Araujo's ejection. Signs of physical toughness?
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #18
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Ok, guys. I just got back from the Rocky Mountain Revue. Tonight it was the Jazz vs. Sixers. The Jazz were romping through the game until the refs decided to get hilarious and completely deliver the win to the Sixers on a silver-frickin-platter. Unbelievable... the WORST officiating game I've ever seen. Anyways, what's important is how our young ones played.

Deron Williams came out in complete control. He could do whatever he wanted offensively and you almost felt bad for the 76ers. (of course, all pity for them was erased clean by the end the game.) But towards the end, he couldn't buy a shot. CJ Miles had a solid game all the way through. He had several tough calls against him. He was the only one who seemed care about winning at the end. But that kid has moves and surprising playmaking skills. He's come, well, miles since he entered the NBA. (sorry - too easy.) Dee Brown is lightning quick as advertised. He had a couple of nice moves, but he made too many turnovers off of not-so-smart passes. Great handling skills tho. Paul Millsap played so-so. He didn't have much of an offensive night (although he owns a thunderous dunk), but he showed hussle on defense. I still think he'll be coming to training camp this fall. And lastly, Brewer. First of all, his shot isn't THAT atrocious. It's a thing of beauty next to Shawn Marion's upchuck. He has a nice repertoire of weapons. He can take the outside jumper (easily to 3 point range) as well as slashing down the lane and finishing with nice control around the basket. Where he REALLY loves to operate however, is the baseline. He definitely knows how to use it. He loses his man by going out of bounds and then sneaks back in for a sweet reverse lay-up. His signature move. On defense, Brewer is a flippin SPIDER. I don't know how he doesn't end up with groin injuries after each game cuz he practically does splits and stays low in front of his man. It makes it tough for opponents to dribble around him. Brewer also had a few rookie-mistakes (such as hanging on to the ball too long and disrupting a flow) but he's promising.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #19
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Thanks for the analysis guys...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #20
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblok
How about Araujo's ejection. Signs of physical toughness?

More a sign of "still Hoffa", I you ask me. This guy shouldn't even be on the roster
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #21
lowblok

What is he thinking when he's on the floor?
At least theres one thing about him, surely he can only get better!:rollingeyes:
Old 07-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #22
Goldenboy118
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Goldenboy118 has an OK reputation so far

Fisher is the best aquisition the team has made since Okur. Now that being said it would be a real travesty if he starts in front of D-Will. A lot of people toy with the notion of Derek starting at the two. That can work in stretches, but what happens when D-Fish gets taken to the post by Kobe for 40 minutes. We need an athletic 2! Giricek is too lackadaisical on defense so the answer comes down to Brewer and Miles. Which one of them steps up and assumes the position is yet to be determined. But the spot is up for grabs. Both young guys offer more athletic ability than Gira' and with a little confidence they are both capable of shooting the rock just like Gordan can. In a perfect world one of the two young guards steps up and assumes the role and Gira' becomes an offensive punch off the bench teaming up with D-Fish and Harpring to provide the most skilled second unit in the entire NBA.
Lineup

Williams
Brewer/Miles
AK47
Memo
Boozer (undersized yes, but easily picked over Hafa and Collins, I mean were trying to actually win the game here)
Second unit
D-Fish
Gira
Harpring
Millsap
Hafa/Collins.

That second unit is better than a lot of Jazz starting lineups the last few years.
Goldenboy118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #23
cyco127
Local High School Star

I really hope it's CJ that steps it up... But, I really think this Brewer kid is gonna make it hard for Sloan NOT to play him... He's already our best Defensive SG, and considering he's yet to play in a real NBA game, that is pathetic. If these kids have their heads on straight and keep theirs open to Sloans teachings, they'll eat up Gordan's minutes in no time.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #24
hardfoul
I brick open layups

hardfoul has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
I really hope it's CJ that steps it up... But, I really think this Brewer kid is gonna make it hard for Sloan NOT to play him... He's already our best Defensive SG, and considering he's yet to play in a real NBA game, that is pathetic. If these kids have their heads on straight and keep theirs open to Sloans teachings, they'll eat up Gordan's minutes in no time.

......and.... ;D (there's nothing wrong with that) The Jazz will be in an awesome position if that is the case, and I hope that it is.
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #25
lowblok

The year Sloan starts a rookie from the start will be the year Adrian Dantley's jersey is retired!.......Hmmm!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #26
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblok
The year Sloan starts a rookie from the start will be the year Adrian Dantley's jersey is retired!.......Hmmm!

Uh... Then how come they didn't retire it last year when Deron was starting???

Seriously tough, it seems as though LHM is starting to warm to the Idea of retiring Dantley's jersey. Maybe not this year, but definately by 07-08.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: