Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default "Sicko"- the movie--- any bad health related expereinces in YOUR family?

anyone out there see the movie "sicko" by michael moore?

i hope this engages our nation (the usa) to move toward a more humane system for health care

the hmo corps and drug companies have very powerful lobbies though so i am not too optimistic as to how this can happen

have you or anyone in your family had any hmo nightmares or decisions made by insurance companies as to your or a loved one's healthcare?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: "Sicko"- the movie--- any bad health related expereinces in YOUR family?

I made a thread about this earlier, I guess it was too early.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: "Sicko"- the movie--- any bad health related expereinces in YOUR family?

once I had a laceration on my hand and the doctor did a very bad job suturing me. I mean it was clean and effective, but he did it in a way that did not allow the scar to heal.

to this day I have an ugly scar (not even the cool badass one)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

saw it, but was skeptical watchin it and still am. its propoganda
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
saw it, but was skeptical watchin it and still am. its propoganda
How is it propaganda, exactly? How is the news any different?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
How is it propaganda, exactly? How is the news any different?

did the movie ever mention how much tax the other countries pay?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

My family had a health related experience:

In October 2006, my grandfather broke his leg in Atlantic City, New Jersey(no, he didn't get to gamble). He had the worst insurance, Oxford(senior coverage). They only charge about $60 per month.

The surgery, to put a rod and 12 pins in, cost $69,000. Oxford only paid $13,000, leaving my family with a bill of $56,000. That was only the beginning. I didn't even get to the fun part.

We live in New York City, almost two hours away. Oxford refused to send my grandfather back to New York by ambulance. Had we wanted an ambulance to drive my grandfather back to a nursing home up here, it would have cost a minimum of $3,000. My dad had to drive him back himself. The people at Atlantic City Hospital gave my grandfather an oxygen machine for the ride home since he became borderline anemic from the surgery.

My dad wanted to file an appeal to Oxford on their decision to not pay for the ambulance ride. My mom and myself told my dad there was no way we'd win an appeal.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
did the movie ever mention how much tax the other countries pay?
Well of course the taxes will be higher. I thought that was common sense. I just can't understand how the american public has allowed it's government to become ineffective.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Well of course the taxes will be higher. I thought that was common sense. I just can't understand how the american public has allowed it's government to become ineffective.

common sense? they make it seem as though its "FREE" health care. if u want the FREE health care deducted from your taxes then i guess thats fine
Old 07-14-2007, 09:38 PM   #10
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
common sense? they make it seem as though its "FREE" health care. if u want the FREE health care deducted from your taxes then i guess thats fine
The point also is that once the profit aspect of the health care system is removed, the price of care will go down. Like I said, anybody with a brain could see the cost would be covered in a tax.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
The point also is that once the profit aspect of the health care system is removed, the price of care will go down. Like I said, anybody with a brain could see the cost would be covered in a tax.

move to canada if u want "free" health care. they only pay half their income in taxes. and the price will go down? then whys canada taxes so high? why does no1 in the nba wanna play in canada? go jog ur brain
Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #12
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
move to canada if u want "free" health care. they only pay half their income in taxes. and the price will go down? then whys canada taxes so high? why does no1 in the nba wanna play in canada? go jog ur brain
Who said Canada's health care system was better? Some parts are better, some are worse. I'm not comparing America's to Canada's. I'm saying that the health care system needs to change, and that it can be better. IMO, the health and life of a person should not be a matter of profit.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I made a thread about this earlier, I guess it was too early.

oops-- sorry, i tried to look but didnt see it
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:

btw read this thread and get back to me
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: