Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
Hawker
Banned

Default Things/ideas that even learned at young ages you still dont understand

I was looking back at some of my old middle school papers i found and looked at some tests then i did bad on and still some things I cant understand.

Venn Diagrams-F*ck venn diagrams. Especially the three way venn diagrams. They would always have these trick questions and you would have like choir, band and drama as three circles and they would be overlapping with how many people were in each art, how many were taking two arts and how many were taking all three.

I never understood it and i looked back on it again and still couldnt figure it out.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Things/ideas that even learned at young ages you still dont understand

How do you not understand ven diagrams? Each circle represent interest in that field. Each overlapping section represented interest in both fields and if all the are overlapping there is interest in all three fields.

I never got the point of cursive writing. I still suck at it. During the SAT's, they asked us to write the statement in cursive, 70% percent of the class took over 5 minutes to write about 3 lines of text.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Things/ideas that even learned at young ages you still dont understand

The overall idea of Time & Space once you leave this planet... Its tough to wrap one's mind around some of the phoenomona out there
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
How do you not understand ven diagrams? Each circle represent interest in that field. Each overlapping section represented interest in both fields and if all the are overlapping there is interest in all three fields.

I never got the point of cursive writing. I still suck at it. During the SAT's, they asked us to write the statement in cursive, 70% percent of the class took over 5 minutes to write about 3 lines of text.

That's not good
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
proof
Banned

I still dont understand where babies come from?
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

That happened when i took it too.

Ok, I get the venn diagrams but when they ask questions like, "how many people have taken AT LEAST one extra course?"
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I was looking back at some of my old middle school papers i found and looked at some tests then i did bad on and still some things I cant understand.

Venn Diagrams-F*ck venn diagrams. Especially the three way venn diagrams. They would always have these trick questions and you would have like choir, band and drama as three circles and they would be overlapping with how many people were in each art, how many were taking two arts and how many were taking all three.

I never understood it and i looked back on it again and still couldnt figure it out.

Funniest thing I have ever read on ISH. This is NBA forum worthy.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
Ballastic
<////////////}~

To this day I still hate fractions or any math problem with fractions in it.

I took College Algebra last semester and remember seeing this sign taped on the door of my classroom : 4/3 OF STUDENTS HATE FRACTIONS.

I also hate word problems.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Wow bigboi, I only write in cursive. In fact, I think my cursive is better than my print. I never understood why people don't use cursive more.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Wow bigboi, I only write in cursive. In fact, I think my cursive is better than my print. I never understood why people don't use cursive more.
Of all my friends, I can think of maybe 5%-10% who write in cursive. I guess it may have something to do with us practicing cursive less, since we see "print" letters on the computer or something like that.

And its not like I'm stupid or something, I'm a honors student repping a 4.3 gpa and most of my friends are from private school, so even the kids that get educated at "good" schools have can't write in cursive correctly.

It was hilarious when this Asian kid (who ended up getting a crazy score on the SAT), slowly raised his hand asked the teacher, "How do you write a capital S?"

After thinking about it for about 15 seconds, she started drawing it in the air. It was classic.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Interesting thread.

I know this is pretty vague, but I still don't understand a few of the old nursery rhymes that I heard and sang back then.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

i never understood why my kindergarten teacher told me i would have to know how to color inside the lines to pass 1st grade.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #13
sydneyking
Banned

Quote:
The overall idea of Time & Space once you leave this planet.

I was going to write this. It's something I don't think I'll ever comprehend.

Venn Diagrams, though?
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #14
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
The overall idea of Time & Space once you leave this planet... Its tough to wrap one's mind around some of the phoenomona out there
Same. Boggles my mind.

I still don't understand polynomials.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #15
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

I once saw an video about the universe, and it showed a zooming out motion with imaginary circles that represented everything that is 10x bigger than the previous circle. So, it went from a microscopic organism to a snapshot of many galaxies that looked like dots on the screen. It was pretty cool.

It's also unfathomable to me.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: