Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #16
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Re: yi''s boss says if yi isnt traded, Yi will be back in china

If he plays in China next year, does that make him a free agent next year? or do the Bucks still have his draft rights? If they do, when does he become a free agent.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Win-win situation for me, Milwaukee blows a 6th pick on someone that told them to fk off and crybaby doesn't get his way.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #18
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think most of us should realize that it isn't Yi who is in control of the situation. It is CBA along with his agent that are making things difficult.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #19
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

there are probably over a couple hundred million guys in china dreaming of being in the nba, and then you got yi, already drafted, being a sh!thead.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
If Yi were a young, inner city African-American youth, he'd be crucified.
And so is Yi. He's (referring to him, his agents, whoever) getting tons of hate around here at least and rightfully so.

Most young players are happy to have the privilege to play in the NBA and will play for whoever drafted them.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #21
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
If he plays in China next year, does that make him a free agent next year? or do the Bucks still have his draft rights? If they do, when does he become a free agent.

He needs to not play for any professional team for the Bucks to relinquish his rights.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #22
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I think most of us should realize that it isn't Yi who is in control of the situation. It is CBA along with his agent that are making things difficult.
Or they're the one trying to take all the blame, so Yi doesn't look bad. Who knows if he REALLY wants to play for Milwaukee.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:37 PM   #23
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I hope he stays in China. Don't want him in the NBA if he's going to be like that and I'm really glad the Kings didn't get the opportunity to draft him. Thought he'd be a bust anyway.

I agree with you...He has talent, but if he is going to act like that let him stay in China...We have enough controversy in the NBA as is...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 PM   #24
nothinbutnet
#killdit

nothinbutnet has an OK reputation so far

i hate any player that refuses to play for a team that drafts him. i think it's ridiculous. eli manning, steve francis, kobe, etc. i think it's bullsh*t. if you enter in a draft, play for whatever team chooses you.
nothinbutnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #25
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

After seeing Yi's unimpressive performances in the summer league las vegas games, I'd have to say that I could care less if he went back to China.

The only thing keeping me interested now is to see how things play out. If the translation is correct from the article which I'm assuming it is, then it would be very interesting to see what the Bucks do.

What would anybody in ISH do if they were the manager? Would they call Yi's Boss's bluff? Would the NBA step in somehow and force Yi to play for the team that selected him to set an example out of the draft?

Personally, I would love to see a battle between David Stern against the Chinese Basketball association's president but I know that'll never happen. I think at the end of the day, Yi will end up in a Bucks uniform and walk out of the tunnel not knowing why all the fans are booing him.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #26
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

What most of you guys fail to realize is that the decision isn't on Yi, it's on the Chinese government. Yi has already said he doesn't mind playing for the Bucks.

Although the Bucks are idiots for picking a player when Yi's people denied workouts with them. Idiots would've been better off picking Jeff Green or Brandon Wright.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #27
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

How would they pick Jeff Green when he was already gone?

And btw Brandan Wright sucks.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #28
nothinbutnet
#killdit

nothinbutnet has an OK reputation so far

this guy is going to be the most hated NBA player next season... if he even makes an NBA roster. lol. all the kobe/lebron ****** [ h a t e r s gets blocked here?] are nothing compared to what Yi is gonna get.
nothinbutnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #29
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Win-win situation for me, Milwaukee blows a 6th pick on someone that told them to fk off and crybaby doesn't get his way.
Agreed. The funny thing about all of this is that he's not even that good

Semi-sidenote: The Bucks should have tried to extort some young talent out of Golden State. Brandan Wright + Ellis or Belinelli or future 1st rounder could have rectified the situation.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #30
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie
How would they pick Jeff Green when he was already gone?

And btw Brandan Wright sucks.

woops, my bad, didnt see that.

the point i'm trying to make is, if they were looking for a PF, Wright woulda been the best choice.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: