Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #16
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: dallas...disappointing

I like what Stackhouse had to say. Either last year for the Mavs was a fluke or the year before last was a fluke. This year we'll find out which year was a fluke.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #17
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Huh?? Im talking about Dallas as a whole...Dirk didnt play his best either...
hey you quoted me....and all I was trying to say is that it was dallas as a whole and not just Dirk alone that choked
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #18
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
I like what Stackhouse had to say. Either last year for the Mavs was a fluke or the year before last was a fluke. This year we'll find out which year was a fluke.
good point

we will see
Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #19
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids

That doesn't make much sense. How can there be more than one fluke to choose from, let alone two flukes in a row?... then again, Stack said it.

btw, this thread sucks
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #20
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

Translation:

Stack is saying they are either a championship team that had a bad year last year, or that they are a poser who got lucky to make it to the Finals the year before last.

And why does this thread suck? Your reading comprehension is what sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
That doesn't make much sense. How can there be more than one fluke to choose from, let alone two flukes in a row?... then again, Stack said it.

btw, this thread sucks
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook Em
josh howard had a great series dude. jus cuz dirk sucked doesnt mean every1 on the mavs is to blame

All I said was Dallas really only has one AllStar b/c Howard only got in b/c of injury. How is that blaming Howard for the Mavs losing in the first round?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #22
jackjohnson
Banned

jackjohnson has an OK reputation so far

I wish there was some sort of stat that tracked how many fast breaks a player kills by never looking up and passing the ball.
That way everyone would stop acting like Josh howard had an amazing series.
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #23
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohnson
I wish there was some sort of stat that tracked how many fast breaks a player kills by never looking up and passing the ball.
That way everyone would stop acting like Josh howard had an amazing series.
well a stat does exist that says Dirk shot 38% and that all you ******** should abandon the "DIrk didn't have any 2nd option step up" excuse because Josh and his 21/10 outplayed Dirk. Josh should push for a KG trade involving Dirk
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #24
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

So all of a sudden, Josh Howard is the franchise player and has the clout to demand Dirk be traded off the team?

: : :

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
well a stat does exist that says Dirk shot 38% and that all you ******** should abandon the "DIrk didn't have any 2nd option step up" excuse because Josh and his 21/10 outplayed Dirk. Josh should push for a KG trade involving Dirk
Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

So all of a sudden, Josh Howard is the franchise player and has the clout to demand Dirk be traded off the team?

: : :
I guess sarcasm is lost over the internet, but that's my response to Mavs fans (particularly the ones on DallasBasketball) who always look to deflect any blaim from Dirk and just repeat stuff like "We lost because the supporting cast couldn't step up, nothing Dirk did," and suggest Josh and Devin and Jet and Avery all need to be moved then I point out that Josh had a better series than Dirk and that Dirk shot 38% then they move to some new tired excuse.

Funny thing is, 2 yrs straight the Mavs have gone down in a historic blaze of embarassment, incompetence, and failure. 67 win 1 seed losing to an 8? Being up 2-0 and literally minutes from 3-0 and losing 4 straight? I don't even know how they're going to top that next yr. Dudes might make it to a game 7 then have to forfeit because they flew into the wrong city. Maybe they'll leave all the uniforms at home.

Last edited by DatZNasty : 07-17-2007 at 11:13 PM.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #26
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Ah...I gotcha. I always try and use lots of stupid Emoticons when I'm being sarcastic and making a joke.

As for Dirk, well...

Here's the thing. He's the Mavs franchise player. Franchise players, the stuff of legends, step up and take their team on their shoulders when everything is on the line. Dirk failed to do that. Two years in a row.

Watch some of MJ's classic games to see how a franchise player plays. Outside of Pip and maybe Rodman, there were no All Stars on that team (as far as I know). Look at Kobe, especially last year in the Suns series. How many game winners did he have in that series? 3? Same way with his big shots against Portland and Sacramento in years past.

Franchise players step up, face adversity in the face, and smack it into the bleachers. Dirk...is very good, but he's just kind of there...

Dirk doesn't have "It". He's the MVP. He's the big money man. His supporting cast is there...to support him! But when the money's on the line, Dirk's gotta be the man. And he's shown thus far that he's not.

Bad supporting cast? Psst, please. Kobe would be thrilled to have half of the guys on the Mavs instead of the bums running with him on the Lakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I guess sarcasm is lost over the internet, but that's my response to Mavs fans (particularly the ones on DallasBasketball) who always look to deflect any blaim from Dirk and just repeat stuff like "We lost because the supporting cast couldn't step up, nothing Dirk did," and suggest Josh and Devin and Jet and Avery all need to be moved then I point out that Josh had a better series than Dirk and that Dirk shot 38% then they move to some new tired excuse.

Funny thing is, 2 yrs straight the Mavs have gone down in a historic blaze of embarassment, incompetence, and failure. 67 win 1 seed losing to an 8? Being up 2-0 and literally minutes from 3-0 and losing 4 straight? I don't even know how they're going to top that next yr. Dudes might make it to a game 7 then have to forfeit because they flew into the wrong city. Maybe they'll leave all the uniforms at home.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #27
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Why all the words?

Don Nelson

/thread.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #28
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Censorship is still bad.. so is anti-semitism... so was Don Nelson's mustache.

oldskool in the library with the candlestick.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 AM   #29
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The warriors simply caught fire from 3, anybody who watches the last game of the Mavs-Warriors has to acknowledge that, Davis hit a three when he was just trying to get the foul, Jackson hit consecutive threes, it was the pouring on the Mavs that night. Also, probably the only teams that could match the atheltism of the Warriors is the Suns, possibly Denver.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:16 AM   #30
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Watch some of MJ's classic games to see how a franchise player plays

some of you seem to forget that MJ himself had to learn from playoff failures before he became JORDAN.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: