Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #16
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Luis Scola talk to Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAFan
This "the league is in trouble" made me laugh hard. Houston is not 1-2 piece away from winning, Houston main problem is with one of its superstars. Don't be delusional, because another round 1 exit is waiting for Houston, with or without Scola.

Your the one that is delusional, Houston got killed by Utah's PFs. McGrady and Yao had a good series and they are 1 or 2 pieces away. Everybody knocks them for not getting out of the first round.

First time they ran into Dallas ...... deep team in which Houston was not even favored. Tmacs biggest problem here is that he was good enough to even make this a 7 game series.

Then they meet Utah. Utah was alot deeper, killed us at the PF spot and had good PG play (Absolute Key to winning in the West, just look at the teams that advanced in the west.....now look at their PGs.) Also Yao's injury hurt more than people realize, he was killing it before his injury and came back right before the playoffs and never reached quite the level he was before injury as far as chemistry goes.

Scola is what the Rockets have been looking for every since a fat old Barkley destroyed his knee. Anyone who doesn't think Houston is only a couple of pieces away doesn't know **** about this team.

McGrady pretty much had to be the damn point guard on this team last year (look at his ast. #s), because we lacked in that department and nobody else could create their own shot.......... Aaron Brooks is going to have a Tony Parker effect as far as taking defenders off the dribble. Aaron Brooks can also create his own shot, has deadly 3pt. range (Houston is going to be able to spread people out next year and kick it out to Battier/Head/Brooks.....deadly 3pt shooting) and Brooks can hit open jumpers, and run the point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFzMOFml9I&NR=1, leaving McGrady to just be McGrady this year......... in a open style of offense, not the slow it down grind it out crap JVG ran last year.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 07-18-2007 at 02:31 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #17
Gad23
I hit open 5-footers

Gad23 has an OK reputation so far

not to mention bonzi who should play better under his favourite coach. and tmac's back problems which should be better i hope. lol. now its time to pray that both yao and tmac do not get injured. lol
Gad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 AM   #18
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

I think the Rockets should trade John Lucas to the Bobcats for Ryan Hollins and a future 2nd round pick.

Bobcats need a PG. Rockets need athletic bigs.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 AM   #19
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gad23
not to mention bonzi who should play better under his favourite coach. and tmac's back problems which should be better i hope. lol. now its time to pray that both yao and tmac do not get injured. lol

Tmac is going to miss games..... thats a given, but I think with the new treatment the games he misses will be minimized.

Yao however has had freak injuries. None of his injuries are the "chronic" type (like back injuries).

Look at Yao's first three years in the league.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yao_mi...eer_stats.html

He missed games due to "freak" injuries. (broken bones) He was a horse during the first 3 years and none of his injuries have been Joint ligament/back/muscle related. Yao hasn't suffered any chronic injuries. Tmac is going to miss about 20 games,because he HAS A CHRONIC INJURY, but with the depth of the team and new treatment we should be able to save him for the playoffs.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 AM   #20
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
I think the Rockets should trade John Lucas to the Bobcats for Ryan Hollins and a future 2nd round pick.

Bobcats need a PG. Rockets need athletic bigs.

We can package Rafer and Lucas...... what ya got to offer?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #21
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do the Spurs think so little of Luis Scola, who they drafted or the Houston Rockets, who afterall on paper have just added the best player in Europe to T-Mac and Yao. And all that for nothing.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Why do people keep asking why the Spurs don't want Scola?

They just drafted Tiago Splitter. Two years before that, they drafted Ian something or other with M. Both are young big man that they can stash overseas. Scola wanted to come over now, but the Spurs didn't want to pay. It was now or never with Scola and the NBA. The Spurs knew teams knew this so they had to deal him.

We benefited. End of story. Look for Luis Scola to average about 13 and 6 as our starting PF and add about 3 assist per game. That'll get it done when you add in Yao, McGrady, Battier, and James' production in the starting lineup. We'll be one of the league leaders in scoring.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #23
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

God I was really skeptikal about Scola ever actually playing in the NBA. But after hearing that tape, well, I might get on the Rockets bandwagon.

Seriously, I normally don't ride bandwagons, but I've seen Scola play, and he is the best PF not in the NBA. We all know that Houston had been looking a PF for years, and Scola, who isn't past his prime yet, can bring exactly what the Rockets need. Then you think of Yao, TMac, Bonzi (under his favorite coach), Battier, and all the bench... Really, looks good from here.

If by any chance Rockets get Francis, I'll be officially on the bandwagon. Yes, not likely to happen, but I might ride anyway.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Daryl Morey talks further on how things went down with the trade and about the Rockets

http://www.sportsradio610.com/pages/151207.php Scroll down
Old 07-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
Fudge
Thunder/Cavs

Fudge has not been impressing people

Quote:
We can package Rafer and Lucas...... what ya got to offer?
Sean May or Primoz Brezec should definitely be included, if not just one of them for both.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #26
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Why do people keep asking why the Spurs don't want Scola?

They just drafted Tiago Splitter. Two years before that, they drafted Ian something or other with M. Both are young big man that they can stash overseas. Scola wanted to come over now, but the Spurs didn't want to pay. It was now or never with Scola and the NBA. The Spurs knew teams knew this so they had to deal him.

We benefited. End of story. Look for Luis Scola to average about 13 and 6 as our starting PF and add about 3 assist per game. That'll get it done when you add in Yao, McGrady, Battier, and James' production in the starting lineup. We'll be one of the league leaders in scoring.

But they could have dealt him to an EC team. The Rockets are a respectable foe and the Spurs basically improved them for free. Are the GM`s in the East so stupid they cannot recognize talent and make a similar offer? Okay I take it back, I just answered my own question.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #27
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Thank god we signed a PF. I have been waiting all off season for this. Now lets get a bench center and we are set.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #28
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Thank god we signed a PF. I have been waiting all off season for this. Now lets get a bench center and we are set.

we do. butler
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #29
gaydad
I hit open layups

gaydad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
But they could have dealt him to an EC team. The Rockets are a respectable foe and the Spurs basically improved them for free. Are the GM`s in the East so stupid they cannot recognize talent and make a similar offer? Okay I take it back, I just answered my own question.
Spurs did it to avoid paying the luxury tax; they knew Spanoulis wanted to end his contract to go back to Europe, so they are really taking no salary back.
It was the best deal for them, but they lost an asset that should yield AT LEAST a middle 1st rounder in a trade.
But the Spurs had no choice, since Scola was going to sign a 5 year extension wth Tau Ceramica in a few days, and they would have lost him for ever
gaydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #30
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Great move for us
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: