Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #31
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Luis Scola talk to Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
we do. butler

dont forget Big Jake also
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #32
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Spurs are fully satisfied with the play and contribution of Oberto, and were looking to save a quick buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
I have a bad feeling the spurs are going to regret this trade.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #33
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Heres a good article about the job Morey's doing.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4973103.html
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #34
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
dont forget Big Jake also
Free agent.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #35
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I think the Spurs are fully satisfied with the play and contribution of Oberto, and were looking to save a quick buck.
I know why they did It I was just was hoping they could get more than a late 2nd round pick.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #36
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Nice Avatar Fatboy 11
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:42 AM   #37
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

I just don't see what SA gets out of this. Yeah they open a roster spot and picked up a 2nd (which isn't really anything), but why risk shooting yourself in the foot. What if this guy is the piece that turns Houston into a dominant team in the west and within SA's division.......

Guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out, however I do know one thing. The "Texas Triangle" just got a whole lot tougher.....

Welcome to the state of Texas, enjoy our beautiful women............leave with a ass whoopin. :)
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 AM   #38
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat coolMiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat cool

i hope luis scola can rebound, bewcause his 5 rebounds per game ineuro leagues is not gonna cut it. scola has a jumer and nice post up moves though.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:49 AM   #39
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat coolMiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat cool

i hope luis scola can rebound, because his 5 rebounds per game ineuro leagues is not gonna cut it. scola has a jumer and nice post up moves though.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #40
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
Nice Avatar Fatboy 11
Thanks. The thread starter made it.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #41
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
i hope luis scola can rebound, because his 5 rebounds per game ineuro leagues is not gonna cut it. scola has a jumer and nice post up moves though.
In the ACB league he averaged 7 rpg playing 29 mpg.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #42
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I like how so many people said Scola would not be coming over, including some Rocket fans, and the kid comes here as fast as he can. I just hope his attitude is better than ****** Spanolis.
SCREWstonRockets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #43
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Thanks. The thread starter made it.

Is el locotee Clutch or Jeff?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #44
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Effin' Rockets do it again. I swear, if the Spurs weren't a big enough pain in our ass, the Rockets go out and add Adelman and give him good talent to work with around their stars.

Two quick questions:

1. Are they signing Steve Francis?
2. Is Dikembe Mutombo retiring?

Well, three I guess, cause if they sign Francis what are they doing with Rafer Alston?

PG-Steve Francis | Mike James
SG-Tracy McGrady | Luther Head
SF-Shane Battier | Bonzi Wells
PF-Luis Scola | Chuck Hayes
CT-Yao Ming | Dikembe Mutombo?

Good gracious man, that team is set. Loaded from 1-5 and two deep assuming Mutombo returns.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #45
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I like how so many people said Scola would not be coming over, including some Rocket fans, and the kid comes here as fast as he can. I just hope his attitude is better than ****** Spanolis.

What we learned so far is that spanish and argentinian players generally are successful in making the transition after a while (Gasol, Calderon, Rodriguez showed flashes, Nocioni, Ginobili, Herrmann, Oberto), Dirk is not really a sample, Bargnani and Bellini look like they´ll make it. French players range from mediocre to failure, with Parker as the notable exception. Eastern Europeans are busts. Seriously since the days of Petrovic, Kukoc, Divac and Sabonis, who were the best Eastern Europeans? After Peja and Krstic you have Pavlovic, Brezec, Pachulia, Milicic, Nachbar, Nesterovic?

Back to the point, I think Greece players fall into the same mold as Eastern Europeans. I´d love to see Papaloukas, Schortsanitis and Diamantidis give it a shot.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: