Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Marbury leaving Knicks in two years to play in Italy.....

link

Quote:
This will be my 12th season in the league. When my contract is up in two years, I want to go play overseas in Italy and retire over there. Berman has the story in today's Post, but I'd like to explain it further.

During the Olympics, David Stern told us about how big basketball was becoming around the world. He was right. Now I want to make it even bigger for the United States.

For my 14th pro season, I want to go when I can still go hard and give the people what they want. I'm looking at how David Beckham is getting love for coming here. He's 32. I'll be 32 at the end of my Knicks' contract. Imagine if someone told him not to follow his heart to play soccer in the U.S.

I want to do the same thing for basketball and spread the Starbury Movement so people all around the world can benefit. I want to make things affordable for everybody.

Don't get this twisted. I love playing in New York more than anything and I am playing to win a championship in these next two seasons and go out on the highest note.

In a related story, Italy has just announced they are not allowing American players to play in their league.

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-18-2007 at 09:25 AM.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marbury leaving Knicks in two years to play in Italy.....

he should just leave now. And he doesn't play or look anything like beckham.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
he should just leave now. And he doesn't play or look anything like beckham.

He's signed to a contract right now.

And what does playing or looking like beckham have to do with anything? His beckham point was playing on another continent, not comparing his look or style
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Pawned by insidehoops himself haha

maybe he'll play w/ artest in italy hehe
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

suddenly now he realises that the knicks are becoming pathetic
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
He's signed to a contract right now.

And what does playing or looking like beckham have to do with anything? His beckham point was playing on another continent, not comparing his look or style
beckham is a global icon, people who never watched a soccer game in their life know who he is. Marbury is just a fool from coney island that can't even get his team into the playoffs. His wife won't get a TV show and he won't be on the cover of any italian papers.

As a knicks fan i hope he leaves because that means that isiah won't ovepay him.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
beckham is a global icon, people who never watched a soccer game in their life know who he is. Marbury is just a fool from coney island that can't even get his team into the playoffs. His wife won't get a TV show and he won't be on the cover of any italian papers.

As a knicks fan i hope he leaves because that means that isiah won't ovepay him.

Gotcha.

Every time it looks like the Knicks have a shot to even think about eventually going under the salary cap, they trade for someone with a big, long contract. I think I just assume it'll never, ever happen
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How do you say "Doesn't make his teammates better" in Italian?
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
ilovetoplayball
I airball my layups

ilovetoplayball has an OK reputation so far

i hate to see marbury go but hes right he should make it affordable for the rest of the world but he can do that by selling his product across seas intead of playing there and still spread the movement of his sneakers
ilovetoplayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #10
ilovetoplayball
I airball my layups

ilovetoplayball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

wow wow im from coney island u better watch what u say he isnt a fool it isnt his falt its the teams chamistry
ilovetoplayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #11
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Bu bu bu Zach Randolph...I mean Italy! Would he still make out with his sister in Italy? I hear it's more accepted over there...

:
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

atleast now marbury has a chance to be the best point guard in the league... somewhere...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #13
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Might as well send Kobe Bryant to Italy to teach Marbury how to speak Italian...

He'll probably return after he gets bored scoring 50 a night in the Italian club(s).
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #14
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
atleast now marbury has a chance to be the best point guard in the league... somewhere...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #15
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Underdog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetoplayball
wow wow im from coney island u better watch what u say he isnt a fool it isnt his falt its the teams chamistry

It is his fault to some degree. He's their leader, he's the floor general. He's part of that "team" chemistry.

He's the reflection of the team's poor chemistry.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: