Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #16
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Francis to decide soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_55
He s first choice is the Rockets and the Rockets also want him. But the money could be a big problem.

The money? the money? are you freaking kidding me? He just got bought out for somewhere around $30 Million, money won't be an issue
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Have any of you guys clamoring for Stevie Franchise ever watched him when he was in Orlando or New York?

This is not the NBA All Star Stevie Franchise of 2001.

Uggggggggggggggghhhhh

There's a reason he played for 3 teams in 4 years and got paid $30 million by the Blazers to GTFO.

Stevie Franchise is terrible. On top of that, he has a bad attitude, and non-existent work ethic. He was riding his skills, and he's 30, out of shape and oft-injured now. He showed his bad attitude the minute he was drafted whining about Vancouver. Then he whined about Houston. Then he whined about Orlando. By the time he got to NY, he just gave up and figured he'd collect his EZ $$$.

But I want Stevie Franchise to go to the Rockets because I don't like them and want them to do worse.

Besides, didn't the Rockets just get Mike James back? Why do they need another chucker PG?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #18
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Stevie Franchise averaged 3.9 assists last year.

He's supposedly a "point guard"

:
Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Stevie Franchise averaged 3.9 assists last year.

He's supposedly a "point guard"

:
1. Last year Francis had career lows on everything, due to injuries and the other 4543 guards in NYK

2. He has never been considered a good distributing PG. More of a combo guard, for which a career 6.1apg if not good, isn't too bad either.

I'm not a great fan of Stevie's playstyle; he was seriously overrated before, but now he is treated as if he was worthless, which he isn't. He did had a lot of talent and heart. I want to see him revive his career. Houston seems like a good place to land him.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shouldn't most fans be hoping that he DOESN'T choose their team?

I'm thrilled Francis to Toronto has a 0% chance of happening.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I heart Steve Francis.

So nope Qwyjibo, I'm the exception along with B-low.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #22
Optimus Prime

This man speaks the truth.

And to one of the above posters, Stevie Franchise averaged almost 29 minutes a game last year.

So he dished out 1 assist every 7 minutes.

: : :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Shouldn't most fans be hoping that he DOESN'T choose their team?

I'm thrilled Francis to Toronto has a 0% chance of happening.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #23
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This man speaks the truth.

And to one of the above posters, Stevie Franchise averaged almost 29 minutes a game last year.

So he dished out 1 assist every 7 minutes.

: : :

Everyone knows Steve Francis isn't a pure point guard, but a scoring point guard. Now get over yourself and shut up. You pretend as if you just discovered the planet Jupiter.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
Optimus Prime

Apparently everyone doesn't know Stevie Franchise is horrible and a locker room cancer, hence why they keep talking him up like he's going to lift a team up. If anything, he'll make them WORSE by taking shots away from the good players and dribbling around in circles. Oh, and whining. Plenty of whining.

HE GOT PAID THIRTY MILLION TO NEVER SHOW UP IN PORTLAND. Portland. Home of Darius Miles. Former home of Z-Bo. The renown Jailblazers. That right there should tell you something about how good of a pickup Stevie Franchise is.

You apparently haven't discovered the post-Rockets Stevie Franchise yet. I'm here to help spread the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Everyone knows Steve Francis isn't a pure point guard, but a scoring point guard. Now get over yourself and shut up. You pretend as if you just discovered the planet Jupiter.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #25
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Apparently everyone doesn't know Stevie Franchise is horrible and a locker room cancer, hence why they keep talking him up like he's going to lift a team up. If anything, he'll make them WORSE by taking shots away from the good players and dribbling around in circles. Oh, and whining. Plenty of whining.

HE GOT PAID THIRTY MILLION TO NEVER SHOW UP IN PORTLAND. Portland. Home of Darius Miles. Former home of Z-Bo. The renown Jailblazers. That right there should tell you something about how good of a pickup Stevie Franchise is.

You apparently haven't discovered the post-Rockets Stevie Franchise yet. I'm here to help spread the truth.

What truth?

He has played with some crappy knicks teams who have a hell load of guards that have the same mindset. What the hell do you expect?

Francis still has the ability to be a contributor to any team. He might have lost a bit of athleticism but he is still at a good age to redeem himself for the past couple of years.

He isn't the locker room cancer you declare he is either. He always plays his heart out and although he does dribble a lot, he is willing to adapt to a coaches needs even though he struggles. Under JVG his stats took a dip because of JVG needs.

You obviously know nothing about Steve Francis, and I'm tired of people pretending they know something.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #26
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

I Want To See Steve Francis Back With The Rockets He Is Better Then James Alston Brooks Lucas Last Year He Was Playing With Stephon Marbury And Those Two Players Play Very Similar.the Heat Are Not Winning Anything Shaq Is Old And The Clippers Suck.

Francis
Tmc
Wells
Scola
Yao
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
Optimus Prime

What about when he played with the Magic? Were they "crappy" too? Yeah, it's all the teams' fault, not Stevie Franchise. Guess I don't know anything about Stevie Franchise, having seen him play live in the TD Waterhouse Center (which is what it was called then) in downtown Orlando, FL.

You're the one who doesn't know anything. Portland is a young team in rebuilding mode right now. If The Franchise was still a contributor, he would still be there, providing a scoring punch and veteran leadership. Instead, they paid him 30 million to get the heck out of town.

How can you sit there and say that Stevie Franchise is not a problem player to have on your team? Every team he has been on, from the second he was drafted, he has whined about and caused problems. Except New York, but he just gave up at that point.

You obviously know nothing about Stevie Franchise, because you still see the All Star who played hard for the Rockets. Yet he whined there and got sent out of town. And he hasn't been nearly the player since then. Yet he still whines and causes problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
What truth?

He has played with some crappy knicks teams who have a hell load of guards that have the same mindset. What the hell do you expect?

Francis still has the ability to be a contributor to any team. He might have lost a bit of athleticism but he is still at a good age to redeem himself for the past couple of years.

He isn't the locker room cancer you declare he is either. He always plays his heart out and although he does dribble a lot, he is willing to adapt to a coaches needs even though he struggles. Under JVG his stats took a dip because of JVG needs.

You obviously know nothing about Steve Francis, and I'm tired of people pretending they know something.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #28
Kobe24Bryant
Kids at the park dunk on me

Kobe24Bryant has an OK reputation so far

His career defining moments as a Knick!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pEsi9YTzHqI
Kobe24Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #29
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

I would like to see him back with the Rockets or the Heat...If the rockets get him I think they will automatically make it out of the first round...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #30
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

The rich got richer. I know he feels good. Damn. He probably thinks he's the king of the world right now.:

Join Heat please!
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: