Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #16
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Stephon Marbury heading to Italy?

Did you all read Marbury's opinions on the Mike Vick case? Good god I wish this fool what just shut the hell up or go to Italy already.

I have been a fan of his since Lincoln HS, Ga Tech, and Minny/NJ/Pho/NYK but I am done with this moron. Its bad enough he has an inflated sense of self and his NBA talent, and has done ZERO for the NYKs, but this fool now has a show and uses his Starbury Sneaker line as a platform for his opinions now. Jeez, I cant wait for his contract to expire so we could move on with the Knicks franchise and build with Curry, Mardy, Ronaldo, Lee and Zach who are all young.

Marbury, if you are reading this please shut up and play basketball. And this is coming from a lifelong NY Basketball fan who has supported your dumb a$$ while everyone else has shot you down through the years.

Your comments on the Vick case show what a moron you truly are and how maybe you should have stayed in college for a couple of more years.

Ignore-amous
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #17
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

The good feelings I was having for Marbury have completely disappeared.

It's back to having nothing but disgust for him again.

I can't wait for this guy to just go away.

It was great what he did with those sneakers but I'm thinking it was just a way to get his name back in good standings and make money too.

He has lost all credibility with me as well as a lot of other people and entities like the NAACP.

Dog fighting is a barbaric, cruel and inhumane practice and not a sport. I don't even like dog racing after finding out what they do with the dogs that don't measure up.

Dog fighting is like watching bum fights........smoke some crack, drink some cheap booze, huff a little and watch a dog fight...cool.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Marbury also said he never called dogfighting a sport.

"I said, 'From what I hear, dogfighting was a sport.' They're editing me on TV," he said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2988480

I think he wasn't defending Vick per se, he was defending himself, 'cause he went from hero to everyone bashing him pretty quick too, for different reasons off course, but i can see how Marbury can go "hey give him a break, like you didn't gave me"... i don't think Marbury is a dog-fighting lover.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #19
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Anyone upset over Marbury's comments on Vick either has minimal reading comprehension skills or just wanted to be pissed off at Marbury.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #20
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

I cant speak for other people, all I posted was this fool needs to shut up and play basketball because the more he talks the more he looks like a complete moron. I didnt say anyting about him being a dog fighter or supporting dog fighting. Although this fool will have you think "its a sport, an indoor sport", my bad, from what he heard. idiot
Old 08-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #21
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

i missed the original thing, but from what i just read in that article, it didn't seem too bad, he just feels sorry for Vick because Vick has made a costly mistake and is already going to jail so he doesn't need the press kickin his ass too. I agree with Da KO King, you guys are definitely overreacting, and Marbury has a valid point there.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #22
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
I cant speak for other people, all I posted was this fool needs to shut up and play basketball because the more he talks the more he looks like a complete moron. I didnt say anyting about him being a dog fighter or supporting dog fighting. Although this fool will have you think "its a sport, an indoor sport", my bad, from what he heard. idiot
So you bump this thread up with an update about his comments on Vick. You say Marbury's a moron who should have stayed in college.

Yet you expect me to believe that you calling Marbury a moron and saying he should "shut up" has nothing to do with your failure to correctly comprehend what was written/typed/said by Marbury. I'm supposed to realize that you never judged on what you perceived to be Marbury's view on dogfighting. You want me to believe that this whole time your beef was Marbury saying the media is kicking Mike Vick while he's down.

Right... :rollingeyes:
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #23
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Read between the lines, he meaning Marbury doesn't get it.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2007/08/new-favorite.html
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #25
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
So you bump this thread up with an update about his comments on Vick. You say Marbury's a moron who should have stayed in college.

Yet you expect me to believe that you calling Marbury a moron and saying he should "shut up" has nothing to do with your failure to correctly comprehend what was written/typed/said by Marbury. I'm supposed to realize that you never judged on what you perceived to be Marbury's view on dogfighting. You want me to believe that this whole time your beef was Marbury saying the media is kicking Mike Vick while he's down.

Right... :rollingeyes:

wha? You need to go reread the post. Its not my percieved view, it's Marburys words and I quote ".....from what I understand, dog fighting is considered a sport..." That right there illustrates the level intelligence he has, period. But from what I saw on a ticker he is backing off his opinion now, but I havent read or heard that quote yet, will soon I suppose.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #26
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2988480

Marbury recanted. I respect him for doing that. I still think he is dumb as a doornail though. Just my opinion. That clip a couple of posts up of him on NBC....all I can say is wow......
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

C'mon like KO king said, if you watched that interview and got mad @ marbury either you are to slow to comprehend anything or you just wanted to be mad @ him.

As far as the Vick situation, it isn't necessarily a race thing but he is definitely being punished for the demographic category that he fits in. PPL don't wanna see this dark skin dude with chains and tattoos and corn rolls become the face of the league. Don't 4get Allen Iverson's whole court case was misconstrued originally. For the longest, his jersey was the #1 selling jersey in the NBA. Stern and corporate america don't want to see this brash cocky representitive of the "hip hop" culture they've created themselves because he appears thuggish and unrefined and Lord forbid if little timmy and prescilla come home from private school and step into daddies mantion with some cornrolls,baggy pants and two big ridiculous earrings in their ears.

btw don't we as americans pay billions on boxing,karate and ufc? Didn't one of our most ranking government officials kill someone while hunting. Why is Vick a horrible human being for fighting dogs but people can hang the heads of animals on their walls? Why on the same ESPN station that rips Vick every morning noon and night can you watch hunting and fiching on saturday morning?I'm not by any means saying what Vick did is right but I think this supersedes dogfighting.They want to make an example out of him. Just think about it from a different point of view one time

Last edited by franchize : 08-27-2007 at 11:01 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #28
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

this thread is a f#cking joke, i bet you if Michael Jordan said those comments, you guys wouldve shrug it off like nothing, but Marbury (the guy everyone loves to hate) say it, your menustral cycle begins....its funny how you guys actually give a shyt about dog fighting...
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #29
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
this thread is a f#cking joke, i bet you if Michael Jordan said those comments, you guys wouldve shrug it off like nothing, but Marbury (the guy everyone loves to hate) say it, your menustral cycle begins....its funny how you guys actually give a shyt about dog fighting...

Didnt I just post that I respect him for recanting? And I am not the one with the MJ23 screenname, you are. As a lifelong Knick fan I could give a flying F' what MJ says thinks or does. Ive been a Marbury fan since Lincoln so think to ask before you post, and when Marbury got crapped on in Minny, Pho, NJ, and NY I was one of the fanboys that defended him. So your love to hate Marbury diarehha of your key board post doesnt fly either. Lastly, my post is directed at the ignorant supposed leader of my Knicks who doesnt seem smart enough to know when to keep his opinion to himself or act like a complete bafoon on TV. I think its sad you dont give a Sh' about dog fighting, I give a hoot.

As for Vick, its a race thing right? It has nothing to do with him being the NFL's highest paid player and commiting a felony. The man made him break the law right? The man had him bankroll the entire operation right? The man gave him the compound to break the dogs right? The man wants to keep this brother down from his fame and riches. Some of you are F'n ridiculous, and the IQ level in this forum is sad. And before you start on this you must be white and dont understand tip, I'm Puerto Rican from NYC.

Hey mod you're better off locking this thread because its going nowhere fast.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #30
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
Didnt I just post that I respect him for recanting? And I am not the one with the MJ23 screenname, you are. As a lifelong Knick fan I could give a flying F' what MJ says thinks or does. Ive been a Marbury fan since Lincoln so think to ask before you post, and when Marbury got crapped on in Minny, Pho, NJ, and NY I was one of the fanboys that defended him. So your love to hate Marbury diarehha of your key board post doesnt fly either. Lastly, my post is directed at the ignorant supposed leader of my Knicks who doesnt seem smart enough to know when to keep his opinion to himself or act like a complete bafoon on TV. I think its sad you dont give a Sh' about dog fighting, I give a hoot.

As for Vick, its a race thing right? It has nothing to do with him being the NFL's highest paid player and commiting a felony. The man made him break the law right? The man had him bankroll the entire operation right? The man gave him the compound to break the dogs right? The man wants to keep this brother down from his fame and riches. Some of you are F'n ridiculous, and the IQ level in this forum is sad. And before you start on this you must be white and dont understand tip, I'm Puerto Rican from NYC.

Hey mod you're better off locking this thread because its going nowhere fast.

So you've chosen to quote the obviously retarded post and before this one, you chose to nitpick at bigdaddybluesman's choice of words...

you defend yourself by saying that you've always loved marbury since he went to lincoln.

but apparently marbury feeling bad for vick and basically asking the media to not kick the guy while he's down is an absolutely horrible thing! so what if he said "from what i understand dogfighting is a sport." is that what you're mad about? All he's trying to say is, "go easy on vick...he's made a huge mistake and it will cost him for the rest of his life. he doesn't need the media tearing him apart at the same time."
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: