Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Ben Gordon........

how do you guys feel about the current roster? especially with ben gordon.......do you think pax should still move him........the reason i'm asking is because the weekend before draft night, my gf bought a ben gordon jersey for herself cause she knows that i love the bulls and she also wants to show her support.........she wanted to wear it, but i told her to hold on to it and don't rip the tag off so we can still return it in case gordon gets traded.......i'm just curious what you guys think would happen........i just hope he stays and just get the season started.............and also, so my gf can finally wear her BG jersey..........

also, the funny thing was........ when she bought it, she was like, the only ones i liked was this ben gordon jersey or the kobe bryant jersey, so i just bought this one.............i was thinkin, ohhhhh man, the most talked about guys that might be moved for each other..........hehehehehe.....
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ben Gordon........

I don't think Gordon will be traded anytime soon unless the Bulls land Bryant in 09' if he does decide to opt out. It would be probably a must to trade him then because of contract issues, playing time, etc. Also I think it would be a good time to trade him because we can get a lot of value for him, especially if some other team desperatley needs a scoring 2 gaurd. We can probably get one or two nice first round picks for B.G. and maybe a decent backup player.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
bullsfan
I hit open 5-footers

bullsfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I don't think Gordon will be traded anytime soon unless the Bulls land Bryant in 09' if he does decide to opt out. It would be probably a must to trade him then because of contract issues, playing time, etc. Also I think it would be a good time to trade him because we can get a lot of value for him, especially if some other team desperatley needs a scoring 2 gaurd. We can probably get one or two nice first round picks for B.G. and maybe a decent backup player.

If we trade him who will be our SG, Sefolosha who couldnt do well in the summer league
bullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Ben Gordon........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsfan
If we trade him who will be our SG, Sefolosha who couldnt do well in the summer league

If we trade him, it would be for someone that can contribute in other ways, perhaps a big man who can score? Sefolosha didn't do well in the summer league because he was the primary scoring option, and he has never been that, nor should he ever be. He is best when he can spend most of his energy on the defensive end and maybe shoot an open jumper if needed. Any offensive contributions from him are great, but he would not be asked to step into the starting role and contribute 20 points/game.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsfan

Did you not read what I wrote? In this case Bryant would be the teams obvious SG and by that time Sefolosha should develop into a more reliable backup player. I think it would be great and we can use our first round picks or whatever we get from a trade including Gordon for a good post player and another backup player at the forward position who can be decent in the post. Then the team can also pick up a solid all around point gaurd to backup Hinrich in the offseason. If this all were to happen we would fill all our needs. This could become a realistic scenario in the near future.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

brink666 has an OK reputation so far

I've always been iffy on Gordon. One game he'll be hot score 32, next game 7-24. I think it depends on his contract demands. 9-10 million, keep him in a sec.

Aussie
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

i really like BG7 hes one of my fav. players on the bulls but i agree that he is up and down on his scoring some nights.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Gordon is talented but there are streches where he dribbles far too much. If he increases his one on one defense and passing I wouldn't mind him starting at shooting guard for the next eight seasons. I can live with him being an up and down scorer if he allows Deng and Hinrich to run the game instead of forcing like he tends to.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: