Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far
Default Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

and finally acknowledge next year the bulls cannot take that next step until they acquire a legit low post threat and/or a superstar. they don't have anything close to either. Looks like another 50 win second round exit this year. mediocrity.
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

I completely agree. i've been saying the same thing on different threads in this Bulls forum for the past couple weeks. They NEED to trade for KG or Jermaine or Pau. You'd spend AT MOST Gordon, next year's 1st rounder, Noah, and Nocioni, and only if you're getting KG, Ben Wallace. The other two teams would bite on the above players, easy.
kshutts1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
I completely agree. i've been saying the same thing on different threads in this Bulls forum for the past couple weeks. They NEED to trade for KG or Jermaine or Pau. You'd spend AT MOST Gordon, next year's 1st rounder, Noah, and Nocioni, and only if you're getting KG, Ben Wallace. The other two teams would bite on the above players, easy.

Finally, someone with a brain who can see the bulls team as comprised cannot win a championship or for that matter a sustained title run in the east. jesus. wake up people!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzballboy
Finally, someone with a brain who can see the bulls team as comprised cannot win a championship or for that matter a sustained title run in the east. jesus. wake up people!
We said the same thing about trading Nocioniand you wigged th f**k out saying it should be Deng. Since you cant even keep your own sh*t straight, gtfo of this board and leave us alone.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #5
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
We said the same thing about trading Nocioniand you wigged th f**k out saying it should be Deng. Since you cant even keep your own sh*t straight, gtfo of this board and leave us alone.

dear spanky-

i will never leave.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Angry Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:

Yea! What the f**ck! I was all for trading Nocioni, Duhon, and Noah for example, but some dumb people think the only way is to trade Deng. Some people need to check what they say first.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
lurch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Yea! What the f**ck! I was all for trading Nocioni, Duhon, and Noah for example, but some dumb people think the only way is to trade Deng. Some people need to check what they say first.
person....
Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
person....

Ha ha, True that! I try to be as nice as possible and try to limit talking about one person, but in this case your right because he's so negative lately and keeps coming back like a pest. I bet his approval rating by others is almost at zero.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #9
lurch67

ya, Ive tried reasoning with him. = It was so nice during his vacation.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Nimrods, eh?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

bullzball, i agree with you about getting a low post scorer........all the stuff that goes around here are just people's opinions...........in the end, there's nothin we can do.........we can make up all the offers we want for garnett or pau or anybody........i'm all for it man........in the end, paxson makes the last decisions............he can trade deng or not, itz all about pax..........most of us didn't want noah drafted by the bulls.........in the end, we got noah........we all just gotta accept the fact that paxson won't try to break up the core............
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I totally agree that they need a C or PF who can score. We all just said that they should get that player WITHOUT giving up Luol Deng.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #13
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Tyquan1987 has an OK reputation so far

Rome wasn't built in a day.....so calm da f*** down. U'd think that with all the losing seasons we had since Jordan left, u'd enjoy winning and having a shot to reach the Finals (and yes, this team is still one of the favorites in the East), but no, people want a superstar. Well, last time I checked, getiing a superstar, regardless of position, isn't gonna put u in the Finals (see T-mac to Houston, Iverson to Den, etc. The teams that go to the finals are teams that built around their DRAFTED talent, instead of going through free agency (ex. San Antonio now, Houston in the 90's (the 2 rings they won while Jordan was retired), us in the 80's-90's...remember, we drafted Jordan, Pippen, Grant,Perdue, King, Armstrong, Kukoc, and Blount between 1984-94...but all these players were on the team at some juncture when they won championships)...The teams that win are the teams that are patient with the talent they have, and the chemistry that they build over the years becomes something that makes those teams hard to beat in the playoffs.) Free agency is a crap shoot at best, and what may make a player a star in one place doesn't mean that it'll be there when u get him.....ask Houston why they still haven't gotten out of the first round since T-Mac came, even though he's a superstar, and Ming is near the same level? People should just calm down.....s***, it took Jordan 6 years before he made it to his FIRST finals....this team has been together for only 4 years.....give it time.....and soon, the championships will come....

smh in disgust for people thinking Pau Gasol is the savior that they are looking for.....

And mark the words, Bulls WILL make it to the ECF this year..screw that...They'll make it to the Finals (cause unlike some doubters, I believe they can with what they have.) Nothing in this offseason screams that one team truly got better in the East, and being that the Bulls have improved every year under Skiles, save the one year after the Curry deal, I think they're one of the top 3 in the East.

Last edited by Tyquan1987 : 07-19-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #14
lurch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
Rome wasn't built in a day.....so calm da f*** down. U'd think that with all the losing seasons we had since Jordan left, u'd enjoy winning and having a shot to reach the Finals (and yes, this team is still one of the favorites in the East), but no, people want a superstar. Well, last time I checked, getiing a superstar, regardless of position, isn't gonna put u in the Finals (see T-mac to Houston, Iverson to Den, etc. The teams that go to the finals are teams that built around their DRAFTED talent, instead of going through free agency (ex. San Antonio now, Houston in the 90's (the 2 rings they won while Jordan was retired), us in the 80's-90's...remember, we drafted Jordan, Pippen, Grant,Perdue, King, Armstrong, Kukoc, and Blount between 1984-94...but all these players were on the team at some juncture when they won championships)...The teams that win are the teams that are patient with the talent they have, and the chemistry that they build over the years becomes something that makes those teams hard to beat in the playoffs.) Free agency is a crap shoot at best, and what may make a player a star in one place doesn't mean that it'll be there when u get him.....ask Houston why they still haven't gotten out of the first round since T-Mac came, even though he's a superstar, and Ming is near the same level? People should just calm down.....s***, it took Jordan 6 years before he made it to his FIRST finals....this team has been together for only 4 years.....give it time.....and soon, the championships will come....

smh in disgust for people thinking Pau Gasol is the savior that they are looking for.....

And mark the words, Bulls WILL make it to the ECF this year..screw that...They'll make it to the Finals (cause unlike some doubters, I believe they can with what they have.) Nothing in this offseason screams that one team truly got better in the East, and being that the Bulls have improved every year under Skiles, save the one year after the Curry deal, I think they're one of the top 3 in the East.

Dont waiste so much time, I dont know why but this is like talking a looney off the roof.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

About the thread saying that drafted talent is what takes you to the finals, rather than a superstar, here is what I have to say (I haven't yet learned how to quote someone, so that's why I do it this way):

Pippen was traded, not drafted (extremely insignificant point, doesn't change your argument at all, just throwing it out there)

The real argument is this: Superstars DO win titles (name a team other than the Pistons that have won a title without a superstar) and not only that, but legitimate post scorers and defenders win titles. Aside from the Jordan/Pippen/Phil Bulls, name the last team to win a title without a very good (if not great, or better) post player on both ends of the floor.
As mentioned, the Bulls managed to win 6 titles without a post player on either end of the court, really, but they had probably the best "role playing" supporting cast of all time, with arguably the best rebounder, arguably the best 3 point shooter, and arguably two of the best defenders of all time on the same team, with arguably the best coach.. if that doesn't win a title, I don't know what will.

The fact remains, however, that the Bulls lack the above "role players" as well as the superstar, AND they lack the post player. Post players and superstars seem to be equally important to a title run, judging by history, and that is where I come up with my conclusion:

KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE AND TRADE OUR SG WHO IS MY SIZE, PLUS PICKS/ROLE PLAYERS FOR A SUPERSTAR POST PLAYER!!

The Bulls may make the finals, yes, and become a Bills-style dynasty.. but we all remember the jokes.. Boy I Love Losing Superbowls. I don't want to hear ANYTHING about Boy bUlls Love Losing.. I don't know.. but you get my point. I'm not satisfied with mediocrity, ESPECIALLY SINCE everyone knows that we have the assets to trade for players that SHOULD (it's never a sure thing, not even in the draft, buddy) put us over the hump and into the top 5 teams in the LEAGUE, instead of the diluted EC.
kshutts1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: