Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #16
bullzballboy
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 152
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Yea! What the f**ck! I was all for trading Nocioni, Duhon, and Noah for example, but some dumb people think the only way is to trade Deng. Some people need to check what they say first.

i said trade Deng and others because Deng is most marketable- check my posts bubbles. if they could get gasol for noc, duhon and noah (which they couldn't) i'm all for it. we need to deal deng to get something substantive like gasol, kg, etc. period. noc. will not bring that value. get your facts straight. just wait until the bulls exit before the finals again this year b/c we are staying put.

also are the people posting here all related? or do you meet on weeknights paint each other red and breakdown tape together because you all have a strange bond going.,,,
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #17
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content
 
lurch67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,988
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Please tell me one single team that would trade away a super star big man for anything less than Gordon/Hinrich, Deng, Thomas and a couple picks. If you do make that trade, what are you left with? Wallace is past his prime, Joe Smith is a bust. Noc cant stay healthy. You lose an upper mid level SF, one of your starting guards that you wont replace talent wise, a weakened bench, and a potentialy great PF in Thomas. Not to mention limiting ANY future options by losing draft picks. And for what? You up grade one position and gain a scrub most likely with an expiring contract. You'd have so much rapped up in your front court you would never afford anything to go with it. How well did Shaq (SUPERSTAR) and Haslem (POTENTIAL ALLSTAR STARTER) do in the playoffs? Oh yeah, we swept them. But they had what you think is the key to being champions dont they? A super star and TWO low post options.

This offensive set up isnt even dependent on the low post. Didnt we have one of these offensive minded bigmen recently that we actually did worse with? Oh, thats right, we basically traded away Elton Brand for him. Then we shipped his worthless butt off to NY. Why not make that same mistake again?

If you still think Gasol will be in a bulls uni, $H!t in one hand and wish in the other and see which one gets filled first. If it was going to happen, it would of been befor the draft. So why get all mad and throw fits calling people names when there is nothing you can control about the situation anyway. Sit back, see what happens. Maybe well get surprisesd.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #18
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

It doesn't matter......any trade that would've happened isn't happening until the trade deadline...........so, I'm gonna chill until then.....Gasol ain't going nowhere now, KG......who knows. I think he wants to go to Phoenix more than coming to the East......Zach Randolph......too much trouble for me.....so who does that leave? Very slim pickings. All I'm trying to say to everybody who's b******g about trades.....IT'S NOT HAPPENING IF IT INVOLVES GORDAN, DENG, OR HINRICH. GET USED TO IT......watch the season.....like someone else said earlier.....Any team can look good on paper, but paper doesn't translate into a title. It takes hard work, dedication, and most of all, COHESION and TEAMWORK.....which wasn't there because that team's been together only a year outside of the core. Give it time, and if it doesn't work, then get mad.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #19
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content
 
lurch67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,988
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
It doesn't matter......any trade that would've happened isn't happening until the trade deadline...........so, I'm gonna chill until then.....Gasol ain't going nowhere now, KG......who knows. I think he wants to go to Phoenix more than coming to the East......Zach Randolph......too much trouble for me.....so who does that leave? Very slim pickings. All I'm trying to say to everybody who's b******g about trades.....IT'S NOT HAPPENING IF IT INVOLVES GORDAN, DENG, OR HINRICH. GET USED TO IT......watch the season.....like someone else said earlier.....Any team can look good on paper, but paper doesn't translate into a title. It takes hard work, dedication, and most of all, COHESION and TEAMWORK.....which wasn't there because that team's been together only a year outside of the core. Give it time, and if it doesn't work, then get mad.
carefull, you're starting sound like the rest of us "nimrods".
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #20
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
carefull, you're starting sound like the rest of us "nimrods".

Rather sound like the "nimrod" who knows his s***, than the "crybabies" who obviously don't...And if this offends you, then u're prolly the latter...I'm just tired of the complaining, and it's irritating as f***.

Last edited by Tyquan1987 : 07-21-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #21
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Post Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
How well did Shaq (SUPERSTAR) and Haslem (POTENTIAL ALLSTAR STARTER) do in the playoffs? Oh yeah, we swept them. But they had what you think is the key to being champions dont they? A super star and TWO low post options.

They won a championship with Shaq, so it obviously worked for them, although when you can rest your best player for half a season and cruise into the playoffs, it definitely helps. Also, why can't Luol develop into the post player we need? It doesn't have to be a PF or C...look at the Jordan years. If Deng can post up, then all we need is one of the two big men to sit outside and hit an occasional open jumper (Joe Smith) and the other to collect any offensive rebounds (Big Ben). Sounds good to me, but it does hinge on Deng adding that new aspect to his game, and he is still young, so why not?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #22
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content
 
lurch67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,988
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
They won a championship with Shaq, so it obviously worked for them, although when you can rest your best player for half a season and cruise into the playoffs, it definitely helps. Also, why can't Luol develop into the post player we need? It doesn't have to be a PF or C...look at the Jordan years. If Deng can post up, then all we need is one of the two big men to sit outside and hit an occasional open jumper (Joe Smith) and the other to collect any offensive rebounds (Big Ben). Sounds good to me, but it does hinge on Deng adding that new aspect to his game, and he is still young, so why not?
Remeber, they also had Wade healthy that year. Im actually excited about this years team. I just find it absurd a certain post maker thinks a scoring big man is the only thing needed to win. And yet i do realize that is what this team is lacking, but I would hate to see half the team shipped off to obtain it.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #23
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod
 
Crazy Style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Nearwest Suburbs
Posts: 1,880
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Things will be fine just watch. If the team wins at least 53-54 games as they should and at worst make it to a game 7 in the semi-finals or even better actually make it to the ECF, than most of what was said about trading half of our pieces for a big low post guy are false because if all this works out how I said than I would consider the season as successful. I guess we'll have to see what will really happen, but I don't think there's enough pressure just yet for people to complain.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #24
bullzballboy
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 152
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Things will be fine just watch. If the team wins at least 53-54 games as they should and at worst make it to a game 7 in the semi-finals or even better actually make it to the ECF, than most of what was said about trading half of our pieces for a big low post guy are false because if all this works out how I said than I would consider the season as successful. I guess we'll have to see what will really happen, but I don't think there's enough pressure just yet for people to complain.


the goal is to improve buddy and not just 3 or 4 games a year. to improve by taking it to the next level- eastern conference or nba champs. this team with this core will have a hard time doing that. maybe they "sneak" in one year like cleveland did but no way be the best in the east on a prolonged basis. they need to get a better post player and/or a superstar and the only way to do that is trade deng, hinrich or gordon a combination or some other players/picks. trade deng b/c he is the most sought after by far and plug in noc. its easy. and i dont' care if "paxson won't deal deng so stop talking about it!" because he SHOULD (or do something...) to improve the teams chances by getting that elite player or post scorer.
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #25
spin57
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 112
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzballboy
the goal is to improve buddy and not just 3 or 4 games a year. to improve by taking it to the next level- eastern conference or nba champs. this team with this core will have a hard time doing that. maybe they "sneak" in one year like cleveland did but no way be the best in the east on a prolonged basis. they need to get a better post player and/or a superstar and the only way to do that is trade deng, hinrich or gordon a combination or some other players/picks. trade deng b/c he is the most sought after by far and plug in noc. its easy. and i dont' care if "paxson won't deal deng so stop talking about it!" because he SHOULD (or do something...) to improve the teams chances by getting that elite player or post scorer.
There not trading Deng so why dont YOU STOP TALKING about it!!! buddy
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #26
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

How about we just do this?

1. Wait till the season starts

2. See what happens

3. If it becomes clear that we need a big man, then trade near All-Star break

4. See what happens

5. Either celebrate or moan about the season


Close thread.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:13 AM   #27
trig
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,821
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

it's hard to move players under rookie contracts. Once gordon and deng gets their extension and their new salary starts to kick in, it'll be easier to make moves so just keep quiet for a while ballboy.

you cant trade 15-10mil contract to 3-5mil if you dont have salary cap
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #28
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzballboy
the goal is to improve buddy and not just 3 or 4 games a year. to improve by taking it to the next level- eastern conference or nba champs. this team with this core will have a hard time doing that. maybe they "sneak" in one year like cleveland did but no way be the best in the east on a prolonged basis. they need to get a better post player and/or a superstar and the only way to do that is trade deng, hinrich or gordon a combination or some other players/picks. trade deng b/c he is the most sought after by far and plug in noc. its easy. and i dont' care if "paxson won't deal deng so stop talking about it!" because he SHOULD (or do something...) to improve the teams chances by getting that elite player or post scorer.

If you know that "Pax won't deal Deng" then why are you still talking about it. He has said he wouldn't deal Deng, 99% of the Chicago fans don't want Deng delt, all the other NBA GM's know they won't get Deng - so why do you keep talking about it. It's like talking about dealing of LeBron, he is UNTOUCHABLE. That means HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!

And Pax just DID do something, he signed Joe Smith. Pax knows what Chicago needs, but Pax also knows what's good for Chicago. We NEED a low post scorer, but the trade off of lossing a solid YOUNG core to get a good post man isn't a good trade off. Chicago has a young and now expierenced gaurd group. They have very expierenced big men in Wallace and Smith. Then they have very young big men in Tyrus, Noah, and Gray.

Tyrus will provide more off production since he will get more minutes. Noah won't give us the points we need in the paint but he will provide energy to possibly get some of the other guys fired up to score. There is a good chance that Gray could even come off the bench and end up with a few points a night, he was a steal getting him 49th since if he would of left one year before he would of been a 1st round pick. Chicago isn't "sitting pretty", but they are far from looking ugly.

And improving about 5 games a year is a hell of a lot better than taking a chance by lossing half your team and ending up and the bottom of the standings. Steady improvement is a smart way to go about things.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #29
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by
 
MaCC2MuCh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 197
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
If you know that "Pax won't deal Deng" then why are you still talking about it. He has said he wouldn't deal Deng, 99% of the Chicago fans don't want Deng delt, all the other NBA GM's know they won't get Deng - so why do you keep talking about it. It's like talking about dealing of LeBron, he is UNTOUCHABLE. That means HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!

And Pax just DID do something, he signed Joe Smith. Pax knows what Chicago needs, but Pax also knows what's good for Chicago. We NEED a low post scorer, but the trade off of lossing a solid YOUNG core to get a good post man isn't a good trade off. Chicago has a young and now expierenced gaurd group. They have very expierenced big men in Wallace and Smith. Then they have very young big men in Tyrus, Noah, and Gray.

Tyrus will provide more off production since he will get more minutes. Noah won't give us the points we need in the paint but he will provide energy to possibly get some of the other guys fired up to score. There is a good chance that Gray could even come off the bench and end up with a few points a night, he was a steal getting him 49th since if he would of left one year before he would of been a 1st round pick. Chicago isn't "sitting pretty", but they are far from looking ugly.

And improving about 5 games a year is a hell of a lot better than taking a chance by lossing half your team and ending up and the bottom of the standings. Steady improvement is a smart way to go about things.




couldnt have said it better my self.......bullzballboy says the same thing all the time and doesnt even have his numbers right....he wants loul deng traded for a superstar but u HAVE TO MATCH THE SALARIES!!!....which means not only giving up deng but 2-3 more players.....and then you'll have an almost completly diffrent team with no cohesion and a very big high risk/reward situation..at least with this current team you know that were gonna b competitive and in the top 5 of the east if not the top 2-3....we have a chance to make the finals regardless of detroit or clevland which is our only main competition.....bullzballboy must be starstruck every since lebron got to the finals only to be swept by a team with more experience,better defense and a team that PLAYS TOGETHER....NOT A ONE MAN SHOW!(Kkobe,lebron,now dwyane wade).....this is getting very old talking about trading deng because it isnt gonna happen.....the east is very wide open and we have a chance to do as well as detriot...cleveland..boston....toronto or any other team with the current players we have......ill take my chances on this team rather than have one superstar and a bunch of filler spots because we gave up most of our core to satisfy a needless desire......pax is doing a helluva job.........hollabacc!!

Last edited by MaCC2MuCh : 07-23-2007 at 07:46 PM.
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #30
bullzballboy
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 152
Default Re: Nimrods On This Board Will See the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
If you know that "Pax won't deal Deng" then why are you still talking about it. He has said he wouldn't deal Deng, 99% of the Chicago fans don't want Deng delt, all the other NBA GM's know they won't get Deng - so why do you keep talking about it. It's like talking about dealing of LeBron, he is UNTOUCHABLE. That means HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!

And Pax just DID do something, he signed Joe Smith. Pax knows what Chicago needs, but Pax also knows what's good for Chicago. We NEED a low post scorer, but the trade off of lossing a solid YOUNG core to get a good post man isn't a good trade off. Chicago has a young and now expierenced gaurd group. They have very expierenced big men in Wallace and Smith. Then they have very young big men in Tyrus, Noah, and Gray.

Tyrus will provide more off production since he will get more minutes. Noah won't give us the points we need in the paint but he will provide energy to possibly get some of the other guys fired up to score. There is a good chance that Gray could even come off the bench and end up with a few points a night, he was a steal getting him 49th since if he would of left one year before he would of been a 1st round pick. Chicago isn't "sitting pretty", but they are far from looking ugly.

And improving about 5 games a year is a hell of a lot better than taking a chance by lossing half your team and ending up and the bottom of the standings. Steady improvement is a smart way to go about things.


just what exactly has deng done to be UNTOUCHABLE?! nothing. 18 and 7 is not at all untouchable status. he is a nice player. period. capable of 20 and 8. but his 20 and 8 come from mid-range while gasols 20 and 9 come down low. A DESPERATE need.. even kobe is not untouchable and i hate to tell you but deng is not and never will be 1/2 the player kobe is. deng is a little better than noc. i don't care if he is younger he is not that much better and dealing him, duhon, noah, brown will bring gasol and make the bulls much better.
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy