Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why did the Bucks draft Yi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I'm off by 15 days.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #62
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I understand your point but your Tim Duncan scenario is just silly and a reach.

Plus, it fails to acknowledge Tim/Yi's side of things cause no matter how you slice it the NBA is a business. Tim/Yi has do what's best for his interest just as well as the Spurs/Bucks.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #63
zebraheat
I hit open layups

zebraheat has an OK reputation so far

I disagree entirely, and each were in the same position, ie draftee, with the same rights etc etc. Please do not tell me it is a reach in Tim Duncan's situation now, look back to 1997, and if this were to occur, how would you remedy it?

Its business LOL!! You use that for Yi, however it also applies to Milwaukee. They are in the business of WINNING BASKETBALL GAMES, not selling cans of green tea with Yi's face on the front.
zebraheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #64
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'm off by 15 days.
Quote:
By not trading him on draft night the Bucks can not trade for a fellow rookie. At this point the Bucks would be able to move Yi for another player drafted this year until December.
You got a little closer eventually, but December is five months away. Your argument was about how dumb the Bucks are because they won't be able to trade for a rookie for 150 days, when really the rule is 30 days. That's a huge difference considering one is next month, and the other is during the season. Doesn't matter though, Bucks aren't trading him.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #65
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraheat
I disagree entirely, and each were in the same position, ie draftee, with the same rights etc etc. Please do not tell me it is a reach in Tim Duncan's situation now, look back to 1997, and if this were to occur, how would you remedy it?
It's a reach cause Tim Duncan was a four year college player. If he was uncomfortable outside of the Virgin Islands he wouldn't have played at Wake Forest for four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraheat
Its business LOL!! You use that for Yi, however it also applies to Milwaukee. They are in the business of WINNING BASKETBALL GAMES, not selling cans of green tea with Yi's face on the front.
I understand that. I just fail to see how drafting a guy who said from day one he won't run with you and not trading him ASAP help a team.

Quote:
You got a little closer eventually, but December is five months away. Your argument was about how dumb the Bucks are because they won't be able to trade for a rookie for 150 days, when really the rule is 30 days. That's a huge difference considering one is next month, and the other is during the season. Doesn't matter though, Bucks aren't trading him.
Rookies sign in June/July. 90 days (what I was thinking at first) would put the trade date in September/October. No teams is going to trade their promising rookie during training camp. So it would be November/December that a team would be willing to part with a rook.

Even with the trade date in August no team would trade a rookie worth trading for that early. He wouldn't have even gotten time with the real coaching staff at that point.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #66
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Brewer weighs less than I do, can't really handle the ball, and is a spotty shooter. He was a great college defender, but he weighs half as much as the guys he'll be defending in the pros. He'll be a good role player someday, but he's no future superstar.
I don't think he's star material either but on the subject of defense and weight, Bruce Bowen isn't a big guy either and young Pippen was very skinny. Also, look at Tayshaun Prince. Perimeter stoppers don't need bulk.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #67
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

He won't be able to stop perimeter players who have a post game though. Lebron, Artest, Simmons, Q.Rich - there are a fair amount of them.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #68
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
He won't be able to stop perimeter players who have a post game though. Lebron, Artest, Simmons, Q.Rich - there are a fair amount of them.
to not being able to stop Q-Rich and Simmons in his career. No1 can stop Artest or LeBron in the post so that's retarded as well
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: