Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 04:00 AM   #16
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default Re: Italy is going to win the Olympics and World Championships someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot

team cancer in italy

sorry thread starter they wont be winning nothing.

Maybe when Marbury leaves, the season after, Italy then goes on to the Finals of whatever league they play in.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 AM   #17
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Italy is going to win the Olympics and World Championships someday...

in all international competitions i've EVER watched, french team had HUGE troubles to score. (even against bosnia-herzegovina: )

everyone clogs the lane and dares them to shoot. and it works. pietrus airballs FIBA threes. diaw can't hit a 18 footer to save his life, not to mention three. ditto for parker. they manage to win games just by athletic superiority and dominating the boards - but never against top squads. they're just better suited for NBA game.

and yes, italy is going to be really scary in a few years. danilo gallinari is a huge talent.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:33 AM   #18
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Maybe when Marbury leaves, the season after, Italy then goes on to the Finals of whatever league they play in.

Italy has it's own league.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #19
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
team cancer in italy

sorry thread starter they wont be winning nothing.

international competition doesn't work that way. how is marbury supposed to play for italy?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:56 AM   #20
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someday encompases the times between now and forever, so I'll give you the possability. However I think that by the time the Olympics roll around the U.S. will actually haev a TEAM not a bunch of all-stars thrown together. I wish that Duncan or even Shaq had gone this year, cause we could have built around them, AND they are seasoned veterans, but I like the bigs available so..... as long as we don't face zone or the pick and roll :
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:57 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someday encompases the times between now and forever, so I'll give you the possability. However I think that by the time the Olympics roll around the U.S. will actually haev a TEAM not a bunch of all-stars thrown together. I wish that Duncan or even Shaq had gone this year, cause we could have built around them, AND they are seasoned veterans, but I like the bigs available so..... as long as we don't face zone or the pick and roll :
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #22
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
in all international competitions i've EVER watched, french team had HUGE troubles to score. (even against bosnia-herzegovina: )

everyone clogs the lane and dares them to shoot. and it works. pietrus airballs FIBA threes. diaw can't hit a 18 footer to save his life, not to mention three. ditto for parker. they manage to win games just by athletic superiority and dominating the boards - but never against top squads. they're just better suited for NBA game.

Perfect summary of the french national team. Pietrus cannnot shoot, and every ISH members seems to want their team to throw the MLE at the dude, but apparently no GM wants him, because they know the truth.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #23
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
international competition doesn't work that way. how is marbury supposed to play for italy?

dude, it was a joke... because Marbury is a team cancer and any team he leaves instantly becomes contenders the following season.

Knicks will be going to the ECF in two years, watch. hahahah
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #24
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Tody, Italy can not compete with teams like Spain. Maybe in two or three years they can have a very competitive starting five and some backup players to fight for the medals.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #25
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Tody, Italy can not compete with teams like Spain. Maybe in two or three years they can have a very competitive starting five and some backup players to fight for the medals.

they can if Kobe ever decides to go play for them
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #26
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

So people are assuming Kobe or Marbury will take italian cityzenship and play for the national team? Or are you talking about a specific team as Bologna or Benetton?

If by go to play to Italy you're thinking of the italian squad, it is quite stupid, even for a joke.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll ignore all of this random Marbury and French talk and get back on point.

When I say someday, I mean while Belinelli, Bargnani, Gallinari, etc. are in the primes. So you guys get and idea, let's say around the 2012 and 2016 olympics. That entire decade will see Italy VERY competitive. Like where Spain and Argentina are now.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
So people are assuming Kobe or Marbury will take italian cityzenship and play for the national team? Or are you talking about a specific team as Bologna or Benetton?

If by go to play to Italy you're thinking of the italian squad, it is quite stupid, even for a joke.

you are the one that is quite stupid..I was talking about the Olympics and Kobe is eligible to play for Italy because he is nationalized or something like that...He was an Italian citizen for sometime...

So try researching before you make yourself look stupid
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #29
Sharas
Great college starter

he will play for usa this summer, so he won't be eligible for anyone else
Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
you are the one that is quite stupid..I was talking about the Olympics and Kobe is eligible to play for Italy because he is nationalized or something like that...He was an Italian citizen for sometime...

So try researching before you make yourself look stupid
Quote:
he will play for usa this summer, so he won't be eligible for anyone else
woops. little known fact that Kobe was playing for team USA?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: