Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #46
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
lets not forget that he can play every position which makes him suitable for any team. haha besides, hes already proven himself in the nba, any top 3 pick in this draft could end up a bust.

he can't play center! again, odom isn't worth the money.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #47
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

If Diaw can play center, so can Odom. :p

Anyway I thought he was making a little over ten million a year not 14? And where is this bad attitude thing coming from? His Clippers years? Have you missed the past three years with the Heat and Lakers? He was young and dumb and smoked way too much weed. He's fine now. ;)

Give me someone who can play all five positions and be one of the biggest triple double threats in the league and still play decent defense for ten million a year. I don't think he's overpaid. If he's making closer to 14 million than I might be a little concerned, but still.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #48
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Lakers are not goin to get Roy unless they think he is the guy who can take them to the next level.

Roys stock is rissing more and more everyday. The only way to gaurantee Roy is to get the second pick. Chicago is not goin to trade that for anyone on the Lakers outside of maybe Odom.

The Lakers are not in a position to make there team better this off season and I see them trying to keep the same core and hope that they play better with a yr under the triangle and PJax.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #49
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Lakers are not goin to get Roy unless they think he is the guy who can take them to the next level.

Roys stock is rissing more and more everyday. The only way to gaurantee Roy is to get the second pick. Chicago is not goin to trade that for anyone on the Lakers outside of maybe Odom.

The Lakers are not in a position to make there team better this off season and I see them trying to keep the same core and hope that they play better with a yr under the triangle and PJax.

Yea that's what I think they're going to do to. The team showed a lot of promise towards the end of the year so management is probably confident they can do a good job next year. Once they are all familiar with the triangle the team will be ready to make some noise.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #50
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

actually i doubt there is any possible way chicago takes roy, thy're loaded at that position and they have no big men at all. charlotte is a possiblity but I think they would rather pair up felton/morrison rather than felton/roy. so the 4th pick is enuf for roy i think
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #51
AKADS

chicago has 3 point gaurds (Hinrich/Duhon/Gordon(Combo and 6th man) and not one true 2 gaurd. I could see the Buls taking Roy and trading Duhon for a big (maybe Gooden)

Hinrich / Gordon
Roy / Gordon
Nocioni / Deng
Gooden / Sweetney
Chandler / Draft

Roy is a safe draft choice and accually fits the Bulls perfectly. Gordon is a good 6th man but not a starting 2 gaurd. Roy is also big enough to gaurd some 3s in the NBA so you could slide him to 3 and Nocioni to 4 and run a small lineup.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #52
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
chicago has 3 point gaurds (Hinrich/Duhon/Gordon(Combo and 6th man) and not one true 2 gaurd. I could see the Buls taking Roy and trading Duhon for a big (maybe Gooden)

Hinrich / Gordon
Roy / Gordon
Nocioni / Deng
Gooden / Sweetney
Chandler / Draft

Roy is a safe draft choice and accually fits the Bulls perfectly. Gordon is a good 6th man but not a starting 2 gaurd. Roy is also big enough to gaurd some 3s in the NBA so you could slide him to 3 and Nocioni to 4 and run a small lineup.

still, bulls need size more than anything. sure they can go for gordon but that not a guarantee.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #53
AKADS

Bulls draft the best player available thats why they are where they are.

But either way Roy will not be a laker
Old 06-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #54
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
But either way Roy will not be a laker

you're probably right on that one
Old 06-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #55
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaBee
Maybe Bynum for Portlands pick straight up? Portland isnt really in any hurry and Center is the only position that they have a nice prospect at. Maybe the lakers throw in a their first round pick and the Blazers give back Blake?

Please! We trade our #4 pick for last year's #10! Bynum hasn't shown anything to indicate he should've been taken higher than #10 last year.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #56
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

There's no reason to move Ben Gordon. The Bulls won't have guards Jannero Pargo and Eric Piatowski back next season. That opens a role for Brandon Roy. No team in the NBA will have a better 3 guard rotation than Brandon Roy-Kirk Hinrich-Ben Gordon. Make it happen Paxson. :cool:
Old 06-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #57
AKADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Please! We trade our #4 pick for last year's #10! Bynum hasn't shown anything to indicate he should've been taken higher than #10 last year.

Ahh the truth comes out.

Bottom Line - Lakers have shit the rest of the NBA wants.
And i will get ripped for this I don't see the Lakers getting any better then the 8th seed next yr. They won't make it out of the first round. They should just tank and pray they can get the number 1 pick.

Hopefully Kobe gets injured and the Lakers get lucky in next yrs draft.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #58
AKADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
There's no reason to move Ben Gordon. The Bulls won't have guards Jannero Pargo and Eric Piatowski back next season. That opens a role for Brandon Roy. No team in the NBA will have a better 3 guard rotation than Brandon Roy-Kirk Hinrich-Ben Gordon. Make it happen Paxson. :cool:

JordanPippenRodman
If they draft Roy does that mean Duhon is goin to be traded?
Maybe for Gooden? Who else would you want?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #59
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Duhon is locked up for 2 more years...very, very cheap. he's a great back up option because his defense is stellar and his basketball intelligence is top notch. the beautiful thing is the bulls have so many options. we'll see what john paxson does. if he's proven one thing, he's proven he can draft excellently.

I like Gooden only because Kirk Hinrich is familar with him and Hinrich is on Gooden's bandwagon publically. isn't gooden a FA? chicago can just sign him outright. they have $20+ million to spend.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #60
AKADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
I like Gooden only because Kirk Hinrich is familar with him and Hinrich is on Gooden's bandwagon publically. isn't gooden a FA? chicago can just sign him outright. they have $20+ million to spend.

Gooden is a RFA The Cavs are most likely to move him in a S+T.

I really am looking to see what the Bulls are goin to do with there money. They have so much youth that will need to be signed for long term soon.

Plus next yr the Draft should be a good one and the Bulls will have a lottery pick.

Quote:
Laker are not goin to get Roy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: